Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange Problem

Options
  • 18-10-2014 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I have fibre broadband and get good speed on both wifi and ethernet during the day but In the evenings my wifi slows down and the ethernet stays normal.
    Why is the time of day effecting the wireless speeds? Is there anyway I can fix this?
    I am using an Eircom F1000 modem with a TP Link access point.

Also it doesn't have anything to do with other devices connected, I already checked this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Sounds like one of your neighbours is using the same channel as you. They probably turn off the wifi during the day and on in the evening.

Try youtube for changing channel.

There is a piece of software you can down load to see what channels are in use in your location. I cannot remember what it's called at the moment but when (and if) I think of it, I will post again.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

JOSman wrote: »
    Sounds like one of your neighbours is using the same channel as you. They probably turn off the wifi during the day and on in the evening.

Try youtube for changing channel.

There is a piece of software you can down load to see what channels are in use in your location. I cannot remember what it's called at the moment but when (and if) I think of it, I will post again.

Best of luck.

Having the neighbours wireless on the same channel won't cause interference until there is traffic. Inssider is the software you mention, but even more handy is the WiFi analyser app for a smartphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Cheers never thought about changing the channel, ill give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Just tested that there and it's working perfectly, thanks a million this has been frustrating me for weeks!

Advertisement