Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW TO GET PHOTOS POSTED...101

• 20-04-2014 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

New rules are in place for all users of Boards.ie.

These rules affect all users who have less than 25 posts and have been registered for less than 7 days.
    User who do not fulfill both requirements will be unable to post attachments, images or links

New rules in place from 18/10/2016:
    5 posts and an account that's 24 hours old are required to be able to post pics / links.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057660501

(Steve) Update:

You can use a site such as www.wthax.org or similar to upload your images.

When you upload, you will see a box that has bb code to post an image on a forum such as here.

It looks like this:

[noparse]*some_random_identifier*.jpg[/noparse]

When you post your ad, if you PM the mods here with the bb code and a link to your ad, we will post them on your behalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭Ebr sniper

Dogwatch wrote: »
    New rules are in place for all users of Boards.ie.

These rules affect all users who have less than 50 posts and have been registered for less than 7 days.
    User who do not fulfill both requirements will be unable to post attachments, images or links

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89991010&postcount=2

Ok sorry if this is me being stupid but this new rule does not make sense to me. So if someone new joins boards and wanted to sell off they're airsoft gear they can start a thread but upload no pictures? Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Correct. New members may not upload any type of attachments.
    This is a site wide policy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭Ebr sniper

Correct. New members may not upload any type of attachments.
    This is a site wide policy

Just my opinion here but this new rule seems like bad news for any sales threads on boards. All you hear is airsoft sales are dead on boards and this could help prove that. So no new members can ad pics of the items they are selling until they get 50 posts and are members for over 7 days. Facebook sites get more views, aren't moderated and can upload pics no matter who it is yet boards you now can't upload pics until your on over 7 days and have 50 posts, has less viewing people and is well moderated ( a good thing it's moderated in my opinion) just seems like it could push new members away. Only my opinion but sounds like this could ruin the airsoft sales on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Yes the new Rules regarding posting photos and links are causing problems for new members but they were introduce for a reason which I will not go into here but were necessary

Should any member have a problem posting photos please feel free to send me a PM and I should be able to help them out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Updated the first post with more info.

• Advertisement

Bumpity bump..........read this as it affects everyone on this forum in some way.

New thread title......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Navy Seals

since when is this rule up?

Change in the number of post needed to post links, photos etc.

Now 25 posts required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Greenzone

These new rules are crap.I did everything ye have stated and because i have less than 25 posts i cant even pm a mod for them to post pics.

• Advertisement

Not true about the PM's. Plenty of other members have managed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 patmcd

Not true about the PM's. Plenty of other members have managed it.

??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

patmcd wrote: »
    ??

PM a mod and we'll help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Johnnyb04

Im new to boards as an account often just glanced through it..how do i get pics on the airsoft adverts section??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Advertisement