Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightfox: Cheaper flights!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Rudy Cool Neck

skyscanner is ****e, it's good for letting you know when some (not all) flights are on and giving you a decent estimate but I can always beat it with a lot of googling and research.

Momondo.com is the best of them probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

nm wrote: »
    skyscanner is ****e, it's good for letting you know when some (not all) flights are on and giving you a decent estimate but I can always beat it with a lot of googling and research.

Momondo.com is the best of them probably.

momondo.com just gave me a price of €375 for cork/london flight and skyscanner gave me €142

Momondo.com seems pretty ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

You're all pretty sh**e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ElNino wrote: »
    I don't think you would book your flights through them. The winner would tell you how/where to book the flights amd you would book directly.

I saw a post elsewhere that somebody put up a group booking for 19 people and a travel agent with spare capacity on a charter flight answered and saved them $500 per head. The whole idea has a lot of potential. Time will tell how it works out.
    that one sounds like a shill post...
    a travel agent, books 19 flights, at a discount of $9,500 for a whopping $29 fee?

the idea behind the site is actually quite good, but value is probably only found in the high end flights. i would use it if i was going somewhere further than europe, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

subway wrote: »
    that one sounds like a shill post...
    a travel agent, books 19 flights, at a discount of $9,500 for a whopping $29 fee?

the idea behind the site is actually quite good, but value is probably only found in the high end flights. i would use it if i was going somewhere further than europe, definitely
    http://www.startupsmart.com.au/success-stories/meet-the-startmate-class-of-2012-part-one/201201315233.html
    "It costs $30 to use the service. At the moment, we are trying a different models for the finder’s fee, such as 10% of a certain price saving."
    i dont know if they have implemented this yet but that'd be 1k to the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

mirm wrote: »
    momondo.com just gave me a price of €375 for cork/london flight and skyscanner gave me €142

Momondo.com seems pretty ****e

Ye they were €100 more expensive then skyscanner for me as well.

Strangely, Air Canada via continental.com was the cheapest by a long way for me and they didn't appear in any of the search comparision sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Ye they were €100 more expensive then skyscanner for me as well.

Strangely, Air Canada via continental.com was the cheapest by a long way for me and they didn't appear in any of the search comparision sites.

Air Canada do Cork/London?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

dvpower wrote: »
    Air Canada do Cork/London?:confused:

Nope was for Dublin -> Vancouver -> Orlando -> Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Just thought id let ye know i tried it out and all i got was a $35 saving on a flight from dub to las vegas which wasn realy a saving!

I requested my money back and they returned it no questions asked and said that the next time i wished to use the service that they would pay the finders fee!

So now i have a new "contest up" which they paid for. It didnt appear to work, the first time anyway, but great Customer Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Why pay when there are so many free ones out there..

www.skyscanner.net

No charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

kleefarr wrote: »
    Why pay when there are so many free ones out there..

www.skyscanner.net

No charge.

Thats true i found a cheaper flight on skyscanner than the one flightfox gave me at the end of the contest, but i am going to america in the summer and the chance to save $360 was worth a shot, also the money back guarantee didnt hurt.

Ill see what my next contest brings up

Advertisement