Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannot connect to Nanostation Loco2 setup console

Options
  • 24-02-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭

I installed Nanostation Loco2 PtP units today using the information from this page. The access point is connected to a Netgear WPN824v2 router an is working OK.

Following setup I can no longer access the setup console using the units static IP addresses via the browser, what am I doing wrong?

Access Point (static IP 192.168.1.2)
    Station (static IP 192.168.1.3)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The default ip is 192.168.1.20, try this, it may not have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Also, make sure the device you're trying to access them with has an IP in the same subnet as the radios - i.e. 192.168.1.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The router I use assigns IP addresses in the range 10.0.0.x, could this be the problem?

The Cush wrote: »
    The router I use assigns IP addresses in the range 10.0.0.x, could this be the problem?

Yes. You'll need an ip in the same subnet to access it

The default ip is 192.168.1.20, try this, it may not have changed

Tried that. I manually set the IP addresses to static 1.2 and 1.3 during setup. I believe 1.20 defaulted to backup or something like that but doesn't work.

• Advertisement

Already posted, you'll need an ip in the same subnet to be able to access it. You don;t need to use 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 etc, do a factory reset and use 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 or some others outside the pool the DHCP server is allocating from and you'll easily be able to access them

Yes. You'll need an ip in the same subnet to access it

Looks like I'll have to start from scratch again, ladder out to manually reset the wireless units.

Other than that the internet connection is working across the link OK.

thanks for the help on this lads.

One further problem related to this you may be able to help me with. I've had this setup for a while now, connecting 2 houses, with a TP-Link homeplug setup in the second house. I was reinstalling the Nanostations because android devices are failing to obtain an IP address (Authentication Error) from the router via the PtP link/homeplug setup.

Windows devices have no problem obtaining an IP address via the PtP link/homeplug setup. Also the android devices have no problem obtaining an IP address in the first house via the same homeplugs connected directly to the router.

Any ideas why android devices won't work via the PtP link/homeplug setup while Windows laptops will?

Advertisement