Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel hub and taxsaver

Options
  • 30-03-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello im working with a company that use travel hub. On this i can get a yearly ticket payed over 6 months. I just dont understand how the savings are applied to me.

The annual bus ticket costs is 2575 and travelhub is asking 429.16 per month for six months. This ends up costing the same whether i go with travel hub or go straight to the bus service.

Can anyone tell me if id actually save anything with travel hub and if so how much.
    Regards
    Alan Fletcher

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The money is taken from your payroll pre-tax. This is where the saving comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Your PAYE Tax, PRSI and USC will all reduce, as your gross salary is reduced by the cost of the ticket.

Advertisement