Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair going grey only 19 (male) help?

• 12-11-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys for the past 10 months or so I've been getting alot of greys before this I'd only have your average not noticeable one or two but now it's very noticeable too many to even count my hair still is 95% black/brown but still I'd love to get rid of these Grey's.

My father never went grey until 30+ and my older brother doesn't have this problem either that's why I'm puzzled what to do ?

There is too many to pull out so should I just start dying it ?

I've also read drinking more water,better diet,not using gel and shampoos too often can help things back to normal and stress causes Grey's and I've had alot of stress too in the last year or so alot!could this be the factor don't want to start dying it if it will ruin it altogether thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Would you not consider leave it alone?

I think it looks good. A distinguished look.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Accept it, do not dye, looks naff and then you'll have the stress about worrying over the dye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I Started going Grey in my early teens (14 or 15), never did me any harm, and if it's just a vanity thing a lot of women actually like the salt & pepper look, so just go with it.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

uch wrote: »
    I Started going Grey in my early teens (14 or 15), never did me any harm, and if it's just a vanity thing a lot of women actually like the salt & pepper look, so just go with it.

I agree wholeheartedly. Love that salt and pepper look, so do my daughters...

(a man with a full head of silver hair... swoon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Love a few grey hairs on a man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Keep it. Don't sweat it. If you start to go bald shave your head. The worst thing you can do is try to hide it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Maybe ask your doc to check for vitamin B-12 deficiency or problems with pituitary or thyroid gland, or anything else that might be causing it. If you're in the clear on these, why worry if your hair is glossy and soft.
    A folk remedy used to be switching from white bread to Grant Loaf, which you make yourself with molasses and brown flour - it's very nice, actually, and the molasses and brown flour give you B vitamins, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Love a few grey hairs on a man!

Is that a man or woman's opinion!? :pac:

Advertisement