Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink, that's terrible. Hope you can block the phone so useless to the b*****d.

Mamaheidi, sorry cant help. I got one in mothercare. Haven't tried it yet. Don't know why but I got a size 20. Wld be an 18 normally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Mamaheidi the cheapest I've come across is here: http://www.naoimi.com/products.asp?catId=37 €20/€30.

I know it doesn't solve the online thing though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

mink that is terrible you poor thing x

seen swimsuits on Asos.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh Mink that's awful, you poor thing. Big hugs.

I rang my fiancee last night as he was out with the boys and he said he would bring me a takeaway from the restarant he was eating in and bring it over to my house and stay the night. It was going to be lovely chicken caesar salad. Its really yummy. He rang me about 10.30 and said that the restaurant had taken his order but forget about it and the chef had gone home....he was so angry for me. I was angry too in fact I got so upset I actually cried down the phone. He then asked if I wanted anything from the chippy and he'd bring it over. But I had lost my appetite at that stage.....Hormones all over the place :( He still came over though and had to get up at 6am to be back in his yard to milk cows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Aarrgghh can't stop thinking about it! I'm sickened!

I had it blocked within 15 mins of him stealing it (have a friend who works at the network I'm with). To have find my iphone, you have to have icloud activated and I hadn't gotten this completed as was having problems with wifi. Raging now.

Anyway, went to cop shop and gave the statement. The guard there seemed moderately hopeful that it might get found but she may have been saying that to stop me bursting into tears. She had the imei # up on the system within an hour of it happening. Ya never know. Ah sure it's probably sold to someone who knows how to jailbreak them.

At least it's sunny out & it's due to be a nice weekend :D

• Advertisement

notsobusy wrote: »
    Oh Mink that's awful, you poor thing. Big hugs.

I rang my fiancee last night as he was out with the boys and he said he would bring me a takeaway from the restarant he was eating in and bring it over to my house and stay the night. It was going to be lovely chicken caesar salad. Its really yummy. He rang me about 10.30 and said that the restaurant had taken his order but forget about it and the chef had gone home....he was so angry for me. I was angry too in fact I got so upset I actually cried down the phone. He then asked if I wanted anything from the chippy and he'd bring it over. But I had lost my appetite at that stage.....Hormones all over the place :( He still came over though and had to get up at 6am to be back in his yard to milk cows :D

Aww, you've a good man there!
    We got chinese last night after being at the guards til late but I was so shook up I'd lost my appetite. It was strange not being hungry for the first time in 5 months!

i cannot stop eating, i have piled on the weight, i think being in weight watchers before i got pregnant only made me put on weight faster, hoping to let it level out and just put on bump from now, hard for me to put on all this weight after losing 3 stone last year

Even if they jailbreak it once the imei is barred it still won't work properly! They do turn up believe it or not: esp if they can't use it. The main thing is your okay iphone or not. It is really scary though: Someone tried to rob me as I was queuing at an ATM oh a good 4 years ago now: I wouldn't use any ATMs outside for over a year. You get such a fright.

Java try not to worry too much about putting on weight: it will come off again. There's a buggy fitness class here I'm going to do it after baby born :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Just on the iPhone,dh bought one on a site in December,he wasn't getting it much cheaper €400 but we went to Galway for it (I'm in Cavan),got home and as the iPhone was locked to three we couldn't try it till we got a 3 sim.turns out phone was blacklisted and wouldn't work.rang 3 and they were no help. Told us phone was reported stolen and the person claimed a new phone on their insurance and sold us the blacklisted one.made a report to guards as had sellers name,number and address since we went to meet him but guards dont want to know so now I've a glorified iPod!!!
    Thank god it's Friday,ds1 had his first confession last night, I cryed the whole way through it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink I am very sorry to hear about your iphone - they do become like an extra limb don't they. The main thing is you are ok!
    I really don't understand why they still rob iphones as surely most of them end up being useless as they get blocked, blacklisted etc etc but then I guess there is a market for them somewhere :mad: I must sort out that find my iphone on ours :eek: Like you we are both normally very careful but with baby brain in full action you just never know :rolleyes:

Notsobusy - that would have driven me mad expecting a yummy meal and it all going wrong but at least you got your financee for the night :)

On another note, I was told today by a friend that the next sales start tomorrow & to go get some baby stuff but with the useful tip of planning your purchases to both the season & your babies age at the time. So if buying a spring outfit it will be in the 9-12month category! She has her wardrobe sorted by age and has got clothes in sales for when her little girl is older but for the correct season. So in winter sales for a year ahead age wise - I hope that makes sense!

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    i cannot stop eating, i have piled on the weight, i think being in weight watchers before i got pregnant only made me put on weight faster, hoping to let it level out and just put on bump from now, hard for me to put on all this weight after losing 3 stone last year

Try not to worry about the weight gain - I know it must be pretty hard seeing it go back on after working hard to get it off but remember there is a baby, placenta and fluid in there which makes up for at least some of the gain. The best way to look at it is that you got 3 stone off prior to getting pregnant so you are starting 3 stone lighter - if you hadn't done weight watchers you would have started at your original weight and gained on top of that :)

How much have you actually put on since found out preg? I've seen a couple photos of you at different stages and you really don't look like you've put on much weight apart from your bump.

It's the one time in your life you more or less have free reign to eat and you're not going to get obese or anything, you're a slim girl to start with. Plus, the other bright side is that you've done it before so you can do it again.

That's what I keep telling myself, I end up in a black mood every Sunday morning cos that's when I weigh myself and it just creeps up and up and up!
    Just on the iPhone,dh bought one on a site in December,he wasn't getting it much cheaper €400 but we went to Galway for it (I'm in Cavan),got home and as the iPhone was locked to three we couldn't try it till we got a 3 sim.turns out phone was blacklisted and wouldn't work.rang 3 and they were no help. Told us phone was reported stolen and the person claimed a new phone on their insurance and sold us the blacklisted one.made a report to guards as had sellers name,number and address since we went to meet him but guards dont want to know so now I've a glorified iPod!!!

I'm terrified of this happening if I decide to try buy a 2nd hand one. There'd have to be proof that it's not blacklisted before I buy it after reading your story.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Mink we didn't know at the time but if their legit they should give you the imei and you can just ring up the carrier (02,vf whoever) and they have to tell you !!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I can't remember who was looking for farmer type baby grows, Next have some cute ones!
    http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/boys/newborn-boys/6/

i have put on approx twenty pound so far! anyone got details on that next sale ?

i have put on approx twenty pound so far! anyone got details on that next sale ?

At the ante natal class last week, the girl said u can put on as much as 40lbs during pregnancy. There's baby, the placenta, fluid and if things r sluggish that can add to the weight too.
    I was same as yourself, lost over two stone in WW and was really upset coming upto Xmas coz I felt like I'd put on loads of weight, but looking back I think it was just my hips widening coz tracker bottoms still fit my and my boots zip up etc. the top half is a different story, my boobs are huge!

Just seen an ad in the paper today for the next sale think most stores are opening at 7.

kildareash wrote: »

At the ante natal class last week, the girl said u can put on as much as 40lbs during pregnancy. There's baby, the placenta, fluid and if things r sluggish that can add to the weight too.
    I was same as yourself, lost over two stone in WW and was really upset coming upto Xmas coz I felt like I'd put on loads of weight, but looking back I think it was just my hips widening coz tracker bottoms still fit my and my boots zip up etc. the top half is a different story, my boobs are huge!

Just seen an ad in the paper today for the next sale think most stores are opening at 7.

thanks everyone, makes me feel better!

have a confirmation in Carlow tomorrow so i might try drop in to next, but i have never been more broke in my life but i wonder would they have cot sets reduced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`ve put on just under a stone but still very little bump. Comensed eating like its going out of fashion in the last week so no doubt I`ll be porking up soon.

If I pop in in the morning, I'll let u know what they have. I picked up a few maternity bits there at Xmas and they r some of my fave clothes now.

Does anyone else think they're nesting yet? I've been off all week and I actually don't recognise myself. I'm on top of the laundry (which is a very rare occurrence here, like I don't have enough for a full wash in the basket!).
    I've been making lunches and dinners...house is tidy....oh thinks he's walked into the wrong house!

I lost 19 pounds and have now put on 24 pounds... So I don't know: docs are happy and they wouldn't be long about telling me if I was putting on weight too fast with everything!

I am normally one of the most placid relaxed happy go lucky people going.... you couldn't rise me if you tried!!! Today though: a woman banged into me three times with her stupid trolley straight into me and my bump. As in I was standing picking up strawberries and then ham then chocolate.... The first time I took no notice: the second time I gave her a look: the third time I got thick: and she told me if I wasn't so big she wouldn't be banging her trolley into me. I blew a fuse.... First of all I'm in size 10 maternity clothes and I am not big. Second of all even if I was the size of a house that does not give her the right to bang her trolley into me because she's too stupidly thick to watch where shes going with the fecking thing... and finally she was a wagon :mad:

By the way: strawberries dipped in melted chocolate my new favourite food of the week... delicious :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ginny wrote: »
    I can't remember who was looking for farmer type baby grows, Next have some cute ones!
    http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/boys/newborn-boys/6/
    That was me Ginny, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

cyning wrote: »
    The first time I took no notice: the second time I gave her a look: the third time I got thick: and she told me if I wasn't so big she wouldn't be banging her trolley into me. I blew a fuse.... First of all I'm in size 10 maternity clothes and I am not big. Second of all even if I was the size of a house that does not give her the right to bang her trolley into me because she's too stupidly thick to watch where shes going with the fecking thing... and finally she was a wagon :mad:
    Oh my god. That is SHOCKING! What a horrible woman!!

cyning what a ****ing wagon, excuse my language!

i.m totally nesting at the minute, today i polished under my bed and organized by towels according to colour and softness

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

I lost 19 pounds and have now put on 24 pounds... So I don't know: docs are happy and they wouldn't be long about telling me if I was putting on weight too fast with everything!

I am normally one of the most placid relaxed happy go lucky people going.... you couldn't rise me if you tried!!! Today though: a woman banged into me three times with her stupid trolley straight into me and my bump. As in I was standing picking up strawberries and then ham then chocolate.... The first time I took no notice: the second time I gave her a look: the third time I got thick: and she told me if I wasn't so big she wouldn't be banging her trolley into me. I blew a fuse.... First of all I'm in size 10 maternity clothes and I am not big. Second of all even if I was the size of a house that does not give her the right to bang her trolley into me because she's too stupidly thick to watch where shes going with the fecking thing... and finally she was a wagon :mad:

By the way: strawberries dipped in melted chocolate my new favourite food of the week... delicious :P

Cynning - What a wagon, u should have given her a good nudge back and just blamed the hormones!

Strawberries and choc is lovely, have had that a few times myself but I am so embarrassed to say I officially addicted to Big Mac burgers! I have been having 1/2 per week and its really the only thing I crave thats unusual! I had not had one for about 4 years prior to getting pregnant!!

Mink - hope ur feeling a bit better today? Any luck with getting your phone back.

With regards to the weight gain I have about 13/14 pounds piled on approx, Cant even imagine how much extra weight ill have on by July!!

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Strawberries and choc is lovely, have had that a few times myself but I am so embarrassed to say I officially addicted to Big Mac burgers! I have been having 1/2 per week and its really the only thing I crave thats unusual! I had not had one for about 4 years prior to getting pregnant!

Kiwi I am the same (esp in my first trimester) except mine was for chicken selects & I could eat mc donalds fries forever at the moment! Now its prob down to once a fortnight but like you I wouldn't be a fan at all normally. One evening at about 8 weeks I was like the only thing I want is McDonalds so off we went :D
    Talked to doc about it as I'm not the best eater so chat a good bit about if I'm doing ok & she said once in awhile was fine but that if I was craving McD's I was probably craving calories :)

I've gained about 10lbs but had gained a bit doing treatments...for me I initially lost weight (not on the scales) from my face etc & transferred it to my bump but I've never been light so I have plenty of reserves :) Doc happy so I'm happy - she keeps telling me I have a very good bump (ie it's huge) - she told me to relax my belly the other day when feeling it, she quickly realised that it was already relaxed :D My mam was the same with her first so I guess that's why!

Cyning you were very controlled! That woman would want to watch herself doing that to pregnant women - as I suspect your not the first! She will get battered one day :) Your size doesn't matter (although at size 10 you are far from huge) - open your eyes woman :rolleyes:

Am MacDonalds quarter pounders with cheese and large fries for me... when I got outa hospital last time I was really bad it was all I wanted and hubbie brought me: he's on a diet though (and has lost 31 pounds so far go him :D so proud!) so I'm not even mentioning my cravings to him!! Thing is (and this is where the silver lining to everything is) with all the doc appts I'm in Tralee a lot so I go for a MacDonalds for lunch beforehand :D Well not all time I have a lot of doc appts!!

I'm glad ye all agree she was a wagon and it wasn't just me and my hormones :p

hormones, hormones, hormones.
    think my dog must be able to hear baby or know something is happening because he won't talk to me :-(
    earlier on my oh was trying to be funny by lying beside him, whispering and then both looking at me and..i cried !
    something normal me would.ve found funny pregnant me spent ten minutes crying over!

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Mink - hope ur feeling a bit better today? Any luck with getting your phone back.

With regards to the weight gain I have about 13/14 pounds piled on approx, Cant even imagine how much extra weight ill have on by July!!

No sign of it, think it's long gone. Wasn't nice going back to the train station today.

I've put on 15 pounds so far, but I'm expecting that to be 16 or 17 when I weight myself this weekend as I've been putting on about a pound a week for ages.

Met a girl who's 28 weeks and my bump was way bigger than hers. Sometimes I feel like it's a bit too big or something. When I had my scan they didn't say anything re there being loads of extra fluid and baby is not too big or anything.

Got some maternity clothes from my sister (via a friend who she'd lent them to). I literally have more maternity clothes than normal clothes, and they are actually all nicer than my regular clothes. I'm never going to get a chance to wear them all!

Mink wrote: »
    Got some maternity clothes from my sister (via a friend who she'd lent them to). I literally have more maternity clothes than normal clothes, and they are actually all nicer than my regular clothes. I'm never going to get a chance to wear them all!

Lucky you. I'm fast running out of clothes. I have three pairs of trousers that I can wear two are maternity trousers and one pair of jeans that have been washed a million times.
    I've three dresses for going out, and a couple of day dresses.
    Need to get some t shirts or tops that I can wear under cardies for work, all my t-shirts r now too small!
    I sorted through my clothe this week and delegated what fits and what doesnt, no prizes for guessing which pile we bigger! So sad pitting clothes into the wardrobe knowing its going to be months before I look at them again!!!

• Advertisement

Am MacDonalds quarter pounders with cheese and large fries for me... when I got outa hospital last time I was really bad it was all I wanted and hubbie brought me: he's on a diet though (and has lost 31 pounds so far go him :D so proud!) so I'm not even mentioning my cravings to him!! Thing is (and this is where the silver lining to everything is) with all the doc appts I'm in Tralee a lot so I go for a MacDonalds for lunch beforehand :D Well not all time I have a lot of doc appts!!

I'm glad ye all agree she was a wagon and it wasn't just me and my hormones :p

Well there has to be an upside to all those doc appointments ;)

Advertisement