Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Problem

• 09-03-2012 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied for a temporary extention on an overdraft and the bank ran an entire credit check on my financial history. No problem there I thought, but there was.

The bank person was very good about it as she rang before sending in final application to see if i'd like to tell her why I had a mark with the ICB.

So, short version, I got the extension no problem, but the bank advised me to rectify the situation with the ICB.

Only for the bank telling me this I'd never have known we had any ICB blemish or whatever the term is.

The problem with the ICB is.

One missed mortgage payment in 2009 which was cleared manually and I have the receipt to prove it.

The mortgage was originally with First Active but went to Ulster went FA went bust.

Ulster Bank say they can't do anything as it was prior to them having our mortgage.

I have tried 4 times today to get an online ICB report, but it wont go past the payment stage.

Phone contact seems futile, I'm only getting a menu with no human to talk to.

Can anyone advise as this is a mistake and my husband will be applying for a business loan soon and I need it cleared up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

gud4u wrote: »
    Hi,

I applied for a temporary extention on an overdraft and the bank ran an entire credit check on my financial history. No problem there I thought, but there was.

The bank person was very good about it as she rang before sending in final application to see if i'd like to tell her why I had a mark with the ICB.

So, short version, I got the extension no problem, but the bank advised me to rectify the situation with the ICB.

Only for the bank telling me this I'd never have known we had any ICB blemish or whatever the term is.

The problem with the ICB is.

One missed mortgage payment in 2009 which was cleared manually and I have the receipt to prove it.

The mortgage was originally with First Active but went to Ulster went FA went bust.

Ulster Bank say they can't do anything as it was prior to them having our mortgage.

I have tried 4 times today to get an online ICB report, but it wont go past the payment stage.

Phone contact seems futile, I'm only getting a menu with no human to talk to.

Can anyone advise as this is a mistake and my husband will be applying for a business loan soon and I need it cleared up.

Hold onto your mortgage statement which will show all payments were made and the receipt as further proof. I would still think Ulster Bank Customer Services are your port of call. They have taken over FA so have responsibility for servicing their loan book. Even if they can't amend the former FA ICB record that can give you a letter to confirm what you say which will be accepted by any institution when a new application is being made. This issue won't go against you and is easily overcome as you can prove the repayments were made on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mymalovesme

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. Your repayment history must be accurately recorded on the ICB. If the Financial Service Provider were at fault and recorded your repayment history inaccurately you have the right to rectify this.

I can't see UB changing there stance on this particular payment.

However, as its the last 24 payments which are recorded on an ICB this one aberrant payment will fall off once it more than 2 years ago. On top of this I'd be suprised of a single out of course missed repayment has an adverse impact on any future credit applications.

Of course you can always complain and if you are unsatisfied then escalate your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done. Your repayment history must be accurately recorded on the ICB. If the Financial Service Provider were at fault and recorded your repayment history inaccurately you have the right to rectify this.

I can't see UB changing there stance on this particular payment.

However, as its the last 24 payments which are recorded on an ICB this one aberrant payment will fall off once it more than 2 years ago. On top of this I'd be suprised of a single out of course missed repayment has an adverse impact on any future credit applications.

Of course you can always complain and if you are unsatisfied then escalate your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

It was september 2009, so how come it's not gone, my extention is minimal amd short term, so this blip is almost irrelevent, but my husband will be looking for a substantial amount, we have never been turned down a loan before.

Would it be just easier for us to have all our proof of payments, up to date statements of martagage showinf no arrears and give this to lending institute at time of loan application.

I haven't the time or want to be left on hold, face troublesome internet sites and speak to robots, and complaining would just be a process with little outcome.

There's far better advice here. Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

gud4u wrote: »
    It was september 2009, so how come it's not gone, my extention is minimal amd short term, so this blip is almost irrelevent, but my husband will be looking for a substantial amount, we have never been turned down a loan before.

Would it be just easier for us to have all our proof of payments, up to date statements of martagage showinf no arrears and give this to lending institute at time of loan application.

I haven't the time or want to be left on hold, face troublesome internet sites and speak to robots, and complaining would just be a process with little outcome.

There's far better advice here. Thank you:)

You just need your up to date statement showing no arrears and your 2009 statement which will show repayment going in on different date of the month than usual I'd imagine if you paid manually. Be up front & tell institution when applying and it will have no bearing whatsoever on their decision

Advertisement