Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Mink wrote: »
    My cats are looking at me like "Eh.. aren't you supposed to be in work, earning money for our upkeep. Now don't disturb us, we need our naps"

Managed to sleep from about 12 til 9.30, I'm amazed! Now for a day of blissful pottering & nesting & rest.

Oh Mink Enjoy! have to say I am loving maternity leave - thought I would be bored but think I could def get used to being a lady of leisure...
    Ginny wrote: »
    My junior is giving me a lot of lower pressure today, I'm thinking they might be engaging. On the other hand I'm still getting a lot of strong activity up in my ribs, I'm just hoping they're completely stretched out and it's their feet in my ribs!

Fingers crossed baby is engaged - mine has been engaged for the last two weeks and my ribs are still getting battered - i figure he/she is long and lanky like its parents...
    mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

This is the first chance I've got to log on all weekend. Looking forward to catching up on the posts. Well done to all those who had their babies.

Baby heidi arrived on Saturday morning at 9:19am weighing 7.6lbs. So much for no symptoms - will post a story in the birth stories thread as soon as I get a chance - it was all mostly fine but I just want to praise the person who invented epidurals! Labour started straight away - contractions came 10 or less minutes apart from the beginning at 12:30 on Friday night and then went to 8cm in under 2 hours...then we had a few hiccups along the way but all well in the end.

We're thrilled with her. Will post a photo on fb in a while. Hope you ladies are all well xx

CONGRATULATIONS!!! thats fantastic news - you must be thrilled - looking forward to seeing the pic x

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Congrats Mamaheidi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

This is the first chance I've got to log on all weekend. Looking forward to catching up on the posts. Well done to all those who had their babies.

Baby heidi arrived on Saturday morning at 9:19am weighing 7.6lbs. So much for no symptoms - will post a story in the birth stories thread as soon as I get a chance - it was all mostly fine but I just want to praise the person who invented epidurals! Labour started straight away - contractions came 10 or less minutes apart from the beginning at 12:30 on Friday night and then went to 8cm in under 2 hours...then we had a few hiccups along the way but all well in the end.

We're thrilled with her. Will post a photo on fb in a while. Hope you ladies are all well xx

Fantastic, well done mamaheidi...can't wait to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congrats Mamaheidi :-)

Mink I love my maternity leave too but Im getting slightly bored. I sorted all warranties, stationary, and cards today ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats Mamaheidi!!!
    Fantastic news, delighted for you! Xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Well done Mamaheidi great news looking forward to pics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Congratulations Mamaheidi!! wonder if we're half way through our July deliveries?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Both my pregnancy apps have changed to congratulations.

boy,were they erased!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh congrats mamaheidi!!!! Yahy another July baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz

Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz

Feest - 15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Yay mamaheidi. Two Bastille Day babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats mamaheidi... Delighted for you!!

http://spacefem.com/pregnant/charts/duedate0.php

I know I`m sad but I look here everyday to see the probability of me having a baby today - gives me something fun to do while I wait....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Congrats mamaheidi x

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Baby Amelia arrived on Saturday morning, weighing in at 7 lbs, 6 ozs and 20 inches long.

My story is slightly dramatic and I don't mean to scare any ladies waiting to deliver. Skip it if you're sensitive, but there is a very happy ending!

My waters broke on Thursday night. By Friday night contractions were regular and 5 minutes apart so OH and I headed to the hospital. I was only 1 cm dilated, but allowed to stay in to see how we progressed through the night. The midwife on duty said I would progress slowly and would probably end up being induced the next morning. No sugar coating it, the pain grew so intense. By 5:00am I begged her to exam me. I think once she had an induction in her mind she was hard to sway to think baby may have other plans. Well I was then 4 cm dilated so brought into a birthing room and an epidural was called. It didn't hurt *at all*. Within 30 mins the epidural was in effect and lovely. This is when it got scary though.

A midwife came in mentioning that the baby's heart monitor had malfunctioned. OH and I were happily munching on M&Ms at that point and barely took note as she didn't seem concerned in the least. She replaced the monitor attached to the baby's head and immediately ran out of the room. She was back in seconds with an Ob/Gyn and they ran a quick ultrasound and all chaos broke out. I was moved onto a gurney while being told the baby was in distress and that I needed an emergency C-section. I looked back to OH and he had already been moved out of the room. Within 90 seconds I was in an OR surrounded by surgeons, on my way under general anesthesia. I had no idea what was going on or what went wrong.

The next thing I knew OH was holding our baby above me and told me it was a girl, then I was brought to recovery. For 8 hours I was in and out of consciousness not knowing where OH and Amelia were. The recovery staff did find out that she was healthy and doing fine, but they weren't allowed in to see me.

I was finally in a room with OH and baby at around 4 pm, while Amelia was born at 7.05 am. I was in bits from the meds, pain and just emotional stress of the day. It was also horrible because I felt so detached from the baby and could barely move in bed, much less tend to her or even hold her for long.

Sunday morning the Ob/Gyn came to my room to tell us what happened. The baby's heart monitor had shown a spike so high that they assumed that the machine must have malfunctioned. The rate had ranged normally between 120 - 160 and jumped to 250. The new monitor showed the same reading and the ultrasound confirmed that baby was nearing a coronary attack. In less than 3 minutes she was out of me and has since tested absolutely perfectly. We were so close to losing her. The Ob/Gyn just chalks up her near attack as a freak one of those things and nothing to indicate future problems.

I'm in tears every time I even think about the whole situation. The staff was brilliant and literally saved my baby's life and she is so, so perfect and lovely (and now in a happy milk coma on my chest). I didn't have a "perfect" birth scenario in mind, but I never anticipated a problem or delivering while unconscious. Thankfully my OH was able to be with the baby immediately, cut the cord and dress her, and then spend the whole day bonding with her. Amelia and I had loads of bonding time over our days in the hospital and we're all happily home now in a permanently loved up state.

Thanks for reading; this was cathartic to write. Hope all you other mommies and mommies-to-be have happy and healthy babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Mink wrote: »

Kiwi2011-12th July
    WWC1 - 13th July

Feest - 15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Yay mamaheidi. Two Bastille Day babies!

Three Bastille Day babies! Though we are in Sweden, where the 14th is the Crown Princess' birthday. We'll tell our baby the flags are flying for her though :)

Kiwi2011-12th July
    WWC1 - 13th July

Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

OMG Congrats Feest!! So glad you and Amelie are ok after that, sounds awful really frightening.:eek:

Oh feest, that sounds awful. But you were Being well looked after and I'm so glad your story has a very happy ending.

It's an experience you will never want to repeat but you have the most beautiful, perfect little daughter at the end of it and that is all that matters.
    Ye look like the picture of happiness in your picture x

Congrats Feest, glad you are recovering well & your wee girl is doing good, looks like she is a smiler from the photos, very cute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

hi ladies
    sorry i havent been on in a while
    my little boy Dylan was born on the 13th by c section weighing 6lbs 7 ozs and all is well. Hope everybody is doing ok :)

hi ladies
    my little boy Dylan was born on the 13th by c section weighing 6lbs 7 ozs and all is well. Hope everybody is doing ok :)

Congrats jenny! Loads of birth announcements today :)

• Advertisement

Congrats Jenny xx thats great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

wow busy weekend
    congrats jenny and bubs:)
    also you feest ....sounds very scary though im wrecked so not sure if iread post properly but ye must have gotten some fright,,ends well though:)
    have ye got the anglecare after that drama i dont think id sleeep again till babs is 18

sorry to queue jump(but at the same time hopefully i do)
    but ive been having contractions since 11 last night ,20 mins apart for 5 hrs then 10 for 4 hours then 5mins for aboout 3 pain is bad but not killer but went to hospital at 8 this morning out of pure tiredness....

labour has started but no dilation(afetr 12 hours) yet so they sent me home:mad:
    on the upside as they said im defo in labour so was able to put on tens machine when i came home..its an absolute godsend
    few tears during the night and zero sleep but since im using it im managing mini 4 minute power naps .
    anyway ive been 5 mins apart for 7 hours now so theres a good chance ill still be here on sat .
    now i know what robin meant about being happy to have epidural in the eye:) id buy it in a back alley now if i could...

hope every1 else is doing well....any word on java?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

hi ladies

Congrats :-) lovely name :-)

Feest its greag you ard both fine. Amelia is amazing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Morning all, just to check in and let ye know I'm still alive! I had a post written out yesterday to keep ye all updated with things, but phone ate it. Feest your birth experience sounds kind of similar to mine only my baby didn't go into distress, something happened with me that I can't really remember much more of than having my head and arms held down by midwife and surgical assistants, completely panicing and being sedated, and some other stuff I don't really want to think about any more. I was completely out of it for that whole day after, remember very little and only really got to make friends with my little man about 3am, 12hours after he was born. Just wanted to let you know I get what you mean about the disconnect from the baby and how hard you must be finding recovery compared to the other women around you, I'm a week down today and I'm only starting to settle. I couldn't make the connection between baby in my arms (who's lovely and placid and Ive taken to looking after better than I thought I would) and the one I carried for months in my belly, I think I even grieved him a bit, its been strange anyway, and last accidental deleted post probably described what I mean a bit better but anyway. I know myself I could still do with a debriefing or a chat with someone who was there or something, I was unconscious for the actual birth too but apparently I wasn't supposed to be, I don't know they wouldn't tell me the whole story of it anyway. You're probably dealing with it a bit better than I did too by the sounds of it, but if you ever need a chat or a rant about it feel free to PM me, not that I'll be any help but I know where you might be at with some of it I think. Mind yourself for the next few days, especially day 4/5. Finally really starting to bond with the little man too, its good. Its just very different to how I thought things would be.
    Anyway, hope the rest of ye are doing well :)

Wow Nyquist that sounds rough. But well done on bringing a healthy baby into the world, it's quite an achievement what you did. Definitely talk through what happened (from what you can remember) with someone. You can PM me or any of us, we're all here for you!!! Maybe also you could get your hospital notes so you can piece together what happened a bit better.

Kiwi2011-12th July
    WWC1 - 13th July
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz

Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July - BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz

Wow I can't keep up with these birth announcements! That's nearly 1/2 of us gone!!! Congrats Jennytightlips, eek your due date was day after mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Congrats to all the new mummys !!!!

mmm..chicken sounding good for you!!!

I cannot believe how little of us has gone over- It's really giving the finger to the stats.. Well except me.. I like to break the rules by not breaking the rules...

Oh well, I can take solice in the fact in 48 hours I will be in labour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats Feest & all the other recent mammies. Hope the rest of you are hanging in there - it really is worth the wait. Java I know you must be going cracked at this stage but it'll all be worth it. Just hope you've thought of a suitable reply for the 'it's not long now' and 'are you still waiting' questions' grrrr ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I can't keep up with the posts!

Congratulations Feest: it sounds really scary but so glad you are both doing well :)

Congrats too Jenny :)

Nyquist that sounds pretty traumatic: glad everything is starting to get a bit better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Decided to do lots of cleaning so no chance to be on this, of course that's when loads happens.... Congrats mamaheidi, feest - glad ur both ok after that!! And Jenny hope that's everyone!!

Advertisement