Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

• 01-11-2009 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Sorry I edited it there cause I just read they are calling it Fury Road Not (Max Max: Fury Road)

This last year there has been talk about a new Mad Max Movie

Its coming out with the director 20 years later doin it why all this time waiting no one knows.

So he goes on too say that hes looking for a Young Actor Tom Hardy is tipped to play him and he wants Charlize Theron in it.

And saying that Mel will have some role in it...

My Point is Do You think its a terrible idea too replace the legend that made mad max what it was.

Them films were amazing and he was so cool in them why rune it.

SKY CAPTAIN

come back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Gibson should play lead. Unless he's looking to do a prequel. There's no need to do a remake. That idea is dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

there saying that Gibson will play some role and that it will explain reference him in general.

well unless Hardy is his son ha ha sorry they did that in Indiana.

Unless Hardy travels back too 1955 to tell Max that he is to become Mad Max.

Why wait 20 years to do a 4th Film and replace the actor. that does'nt sound great at all.

According to most sources Tom Hardy is the new Max and Charlize Theron is to play the love interest.

Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy are in negotiations to star in “Fury Road,” this century’s installment of the “Mad Max” movie series from writer-director George Miller.

Miller is producing with Doug Mitchell.

Despite his long association with the fourth movie, Mel Gibson is not reprising his iconic role of Max Rockatansky, the hardened ex-cop in a future beset by gas shortages and marauding gangs.

That job goes to Hardy, the British-born actor who stole scenes as Handsome Bob in Guy Ritchie’s “RocknRolla.” (”RocknRolla” has proved to be a launch pad for Hardy, who booked a gig in Christopher Nolan’s “Inception” as well. He also starred in “Bronson.”)

Theron is playing the female lead.

While story details are being kept under wraps, the movie does take place a short while after the story detailed in 1985’s “Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome,” which keeps Mad Max relatively young.

Max_max_tom_hardy_341 A shoot next summer in Australia is being eyed. The movie will be an Australian production which Warner Bros. will distribute.

“Road” has been in the works for more than a decade, with Gibson attached to star at one point. When the project finally began ramping up earlier this spring and summer, Miller began looking at and testing numerous actors who could step into the grim shoes previously worn by Gibson.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It has been confirmed that Tom Hardy WILL be Mad Max.

While I despise a remake / reboot I do find some comfort that Tom Hardy is Mad Max, the guy does have talent for a role like this. I watched all the episodes of The Take last night, while I didn't find it very good I did like Tom Hardy 100% in it.

Though Charlize Theron is in it which means "chick money" for the cinema tickets.

As I said before; No Mel, No Max, No Dice.

Though honestly, this could be Tom Hardy's much needed role to get him properly reconisged in Hollywood. Bronson put him on the radar in America, now he needs something to cement his talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Love interest? :( Max eats dog food and sleeps in his car with his scruffy mutt.

• Advertisement

right so the film is called fury road. Same title as it was in 2003 was mel goin to be in the one in 2003 ?

So the film is called Fury Road Not Mad Max: Fury Road

therefore the Film is goin to be called (Mad Jim) Mad Maxs Son like in Indiana Jones where they called him mutt.

its goin to be like that film they did in scotland Doomsday

we want mad max back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm in support of this.

George Miller is a fantastic director and has proven again and again he knows what he's doing.

Tom Hardy, anyone who has seen Bronson knows he's a fantastic actor and is worth a vote of confidence.

Couldnt give two f*cks about charlize theron and dont care about her or her role.

good thing is its a sequel and not a remake.

Ha, I had a wierd dream last night where I was watching Fury Road where Mel was still Max. Didn't make any sense but when I woke up I thought to myself what the hell is wrong with having Mel? He's still in his early 50's!

Yes for Tom Hardy, NOOOOOO for Charlize Theron as we can all imagine the shakey story for these 2;

Tom Hardy wandering around meets Charlize Theron (Leader? Mother with a daughter / son? Kick-ass leather clad, karate chopping vixen? :( ) and admist all the violence (PG-13?) and apocalypse they'll find time to spend 15 minutes of celluloid to have a romantic encounter.

Before she dies and Max is alone............again...............with Theron's daughter / son in tow.

in 30 years george has'nt made that many movies but have made good movies so suppose he's aloud too.

cool story duggy.

I love mad mad. but I can never get threw the first one I love 2 is amazing and I liked 3 with the guns at the booth

Sky Captain you've come to save us.

We live in a world where we wish they will keep mad max as mad max.

maybe thats true cause they are calling it fury road not mad max fury road.

Charlize Theron is not hot and she sucked in Handcock sorry I spelt that wrong.

look what she did too Æon Flux loved that show.

• Advertisement

Ive not seen bronson at all yet I missed it in the cinema. Im a huge Chopper Fan thats what kinda stopped me from seeing it in the cinema.

but Im looking forward to seeing it. I heard he bulked up for it

he was gay in that gangster film which wasnt good. and he slept with gerard butler

Id really like Sam Worthington he seems like the go to Oz guy these days he would be very cool but he prob has his plate full with films.
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I'm in support of this.

George Miller is a fantastic director and has proven again and again he knows what he's doing.

Tom Hardy, anyone who has seen Bronson knows he's a fantastic director and is worth a vote of confidence.

Couldnt give two f*cks about charlize theron and dont care about her or her role.

good thing is its a sequel and not a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

why do these parasites(hollywood execs) have to do this

fcuk off and leave well enough alone

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86qes_mad-max-tribute-motorhead-ace-of-sp_shortfilms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I think Tom Hardy would do a brilliant job in this role.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86qes_mad-max-tribute-motorhead-ace-of-sp_shortfilms

So the guy who directed and wrote all three previous films is a parasite?

i think hes talking about hollywood making it a 12 movie

I see where hes coming from like in sex and the city the movie where ever girl that seen the film got too see a nice big c....

i think hes talking about hollywood making it a 12 movie

Well thats completely out of left field.

How did this:

turn into a complaint about the film's *possible* rating?

the only mention of rating in this thread is duggy's psychotic delusion 5 posts up from that.

Personnally considering big explosions and cars getting smashed seem to have no effect on the american rating system these ays, then I wouldnt be too surprised if it drops down to a 12's.

But regardless I think the comment is still unfair as George Miller has shown he can still be very dark and clever even with a G rated film. his take on babe 2 was surprisingly dark (drowning dogs and hooker poodles) and happy feet is pretty dynamic for a film thats about dancing penguins, I mean he could have copped out and did something like what dreamworks does all the time and let robin williams run wild at the forefront, but he didnt, equally he didnt cock it up like don bluth did with the pebble and the penguin. So I think regardless of any studio exec telling him to film needs to be a 12's I am confident he will make the censors stick rigidly to the letter of the cert and he will push it as far as humanly possible.

Just to clarify I was being harshly sarcastic in my last post. A good chance the film will be between 15 - 18s. I don't care really as we know other things beyond violence and sex are considered in a rating (language, tone, etc)

As for the story, pffft, we've no real idea where the story will go and it was just a joke referring to previous godawful remakes of the past few years that threw these elements in. I'm more on the side that this will be somewhat good rather than crap. At least we have Tom Hardy and a Mad Max director.

I hate text, ya can't express yourself properly :P

oh I knew you were being sarcastic, thats why i described it as a psychotic delusion :D

I mean you started off by talking about dreaming of mel gibson in his mad max attire...

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    oh I knew you were being sarcastic, thats why i described it as a psychotic delusion :D

I mean you started off by talking about dreaming of mel gibson in his mad max attire...

Ha ha, as far as I can remember from the dream it wasn't a sexual Mad Max movie.....

........well at least my sheets were clean when I woke up :pac:

• Advertisement

will we get to see loads of sex in it like we did Sex And The City The Movie

well suppose we will see a lot of men in leather including max.

hes a good director but its been a while since hes mad action and hardy i can't judge him till i see bronson.

He was so cool in star trek :D

Im looking forward to mel coming back and thats about it. I hope he doesnt come back like spock did in star trek the remake remagine film

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/mel-gibson-tells-how-he-almost-gave-away-the-lead-role-in-smash-hit-braveheart/story-e6frf96f-1225797853044

''Oh gosh, I don't know what he's up to,'' Gibson says, perhaps a little unconvincingly. ''Not with me, I don't think, man, I'm a bit old and long in the tooth for that number.

''You need somebody who can get around a bit quicker.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Once they don't make a complete fúcking arse of it and have something that does justice to the Mad Max series, I'll be happy.

did you hear now that hardy does not role he is playing in fury road.

Mel is saying now that he might be back as mad max. well he didnt day anything he said 3 words.

but heres hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Gibson-May-Appear-In-Mad-Max-After-All-16348.html
    Gibson May Appear In Mad Max After All
    By Will LeBlanc: 2009-12-31 07:09:30

16348.jpg
    Now this is deep speculation based on the tiniest bit of information dropped by Clint over at MovieHole, but Mel Gibson may still show up in Mad Max: Fury Road despite recent announcements that he wouldn’t.

The latest news from the Ozploitation remake is that Gibson’s production company, Icon Entertainment, has decided they’d like to co-produce the film. What does this mean for Mad Max? Probably nothing beyond getting a bit more money and representation, but it puts Gibson close to the set in time for shooting. Could we see a cameo from Gibson? Will he be the bad guy? Or, like Clint suggests, will he narrate? Nothing like that has been confirmed, I’m just stretching my rumor muscles.

Either way, Mad Max is trucking towards production with Bronson star Tom Hardy in the leading role, and based on his performance there, we’re going to be in for a treat. More on this as it unfolds.

I've been waiting for this sequel for years!

I;d say they will bring him back as his dad.

and all the kids he saved in 3 with be grown ups aka one of the grown ups will be Tom Hardy.

also can I add that Bronson was a terrible film.

Long Live Chopper Reid

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/mad-max-4-info-revealed?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=totalfilm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+totalfilm%2Fimdbnews+%28Total+Film+IMDb+aggregate%29
    Tom Hardy talked this weekend about his upcoming role in the fourth Mad Max movie, and revealed a few little gems of information about the flick.

In Mad Max: Fury Road, the actor will be taking over the role of Max Rockatansky previously played by Mel Gibson, a law enforcement officer living in a post-apocalyptic world.
    “It’s a relaunch and revisit to the world. An entire restructuring,” Hardy told Collider. “That’s not to say that it’s not picking up or leaving off from the Mad Max you know already, but it’s a nice re-take on the entire world using the same character, depositing him in the same world but bringing him up to date by 30 years.”
    As for when the movie – long in development hell – will actually be shooting (under returning director George Miller), Hardy remained mysterious:
    “I can’t say when I’m going to be in front of the cameras. I’m actually headed tonight to Australia to start some stunt-training. I’m training now. I’m meant to drop 30 pounds so smoking and one meal a day is my training at the moment.
    “I’m going to start fighting soon. The harder stuff, as we get close to the line. I’ll probably get three or four months of fight training out there. Seven days a week. All that kind of horrible ****.”
    The actor goes on to reveal that the film will probably shoot for nine months, also said that he resembles “a hungry wolf” after losing all that weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hardys an amazing actor and I think he can play phychotic loner characters brillantly just watch him in bronson or the tv series the take amazing performances. I have high hopes for this film as long as there is a decent villian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

ricero wrote: »
    Hardys an amazing actor and I think he can play phychotic loner characters brillantly just watch him in bronson or the tv series the take amazing performances. I have high hopes for this film as long as there is a decent villian

i agree he is a great actor very talented

• Advertisement

While I dunno about this film being any sort of good to the Max canon I've no doubt Hardy will put in a good performance.

Could be the film that'll get Hollywood to notice him more (I would say Inception but I imagine he has a small enough role in that)

Advertisement