Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Intel Ibook = MacBook ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

according to the rumour sites, the mac book is definetely due by the end of this month and may even be announced on tuesday. its rumoured to be a 13 inch widescreen with the high end models having pro duo processors, built in eye sight and will be in white.... all rumours so dont flame me if it doesnt happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I was thinking of buying a MacBook Pro but I may hold out for one of these if they materialise. Pros are nice but I can't justify the price at the moment.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

13" is a bit small though...

I have a bunch of the 12" iBooks in work and they're very difficult to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

according to the rumour sites, the mac book is definetely due by the end of this month and may even be announced on tuesday. its rumoured to be a 13 inch widescreen with the high end models having pro duo processors, built in eye sight and will be in white.... all rumours so dont flame me if it doesnt happen!!

cant be too far from the truth I'd imagine, specs wise anyway, not sure about the release date!

Hiya 'Fudge !

The 13" part is pure rumour so */pinch of salt/* applicable there. The Intel bit is a given though seen as though Apple are known to be changing sides so to speak. Still, a goer for me though, the MacBook Pro (somehow doesn't roll of the tongue as easily) is overpriced IMO, the MacBook will do fine for me.
    If they make a 14 or 15 inch version I'll be in the que.

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

An affordable intel based mac portable would be great for me because of bootcamp.. I sometimes have to carry both a powerbook and a PC notebook around with me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'm in need of a new laptop and have had the rumoured release of the MacBook in the back of my head all along; I'd consider a 13" model but would probably prefer a slightly bigger one, that said I'd probably prefer a handy small model rather than a big one (but not too small).

I'm sure there'll be at least 2 product sizes, but that's a guess going on Apple form... now for price... I'd like to see how a black one looks, although I'd probably stick with white (to match my wireless router :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I'm told the screens are good - it might even be possible to work outdoors (wild with excitement at the though!)

13" sounds nice to me. My PowerBook is just really heavy if I bring it out to write in a caff or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

it looks like the screens will be 13.3" screens as the Macbook (if thats what Jobs decides to call it) will be manufactured by Asustek (Asus) and they already have one or 2 nice machines at that size as do sony etc so the 13.3 seems to work well with wide screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

this, when it happens, is going to present me with a dilemma: keep my 12" powerbook 1.33ghz in the hopes of a 12" MBP or ditch it for the MacBook????

decisions decisions.....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

how much money are we talking about here ? over the past while i've been looking into getting an iBook. but im gonna wait it out for the new ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

The prices will start from about £700/€1200 I'd say.

just to add some fuel to the flames before i am shot down... think secret says that the macbook may be available in either black or white aka the ipod, and that it will be priced above the existing ibooks, somewhat like the mac mini went a bit dearer when it got the intel chip..
    the result of apples dispute with apple the record label is due out today (monday) if the result goes badly a macbook announcement might take away some of the negative press..

i have a 12 inch powerbook meself and can recall reading somewhere along the line that the top end mac book would be seen as the replacement for the 12 powerbook..i suppose if it has a pro duo processor and fairly good specs it would make sense.. the 15 inch macbook pro is a fairly heftily priced machine.

oh well, i will flame myself for nothing today!! but the rumour sites say next tuesday... anyway i have 22 days left to the end of may!!

Well it's here at last. Looks cool in Black I must say . . . now . . . where's me credit card !!!

ZEN

well. it looks like the rumour sites got it pretty much right... and i have saved myself!!... the black looks nice, wonder will it scratch like the ipod?

Advertisement