Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Comments

I cracked early and got state of decay!
    theres 8 of my 20e budget gone :(
    was hoping for kerbal or GoT ep1.
    might have to push the boat out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm hoping for kerbal tonight, dieing to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just a quick question. I had to reset my Steam password and I'm logging in from a new computer. Is the lockout just a marketplace lockout?

Thinking about picking up CS, Terraria and maybe the Bit Trip Runner games during the sale and was wondering if this would have any effect on me making purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You used to have to reenter all your payment data after a password reset but could do purchases after that. I haven't had to do it in ages though, so it might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm hoping for kerbal tonight, dieing to play it.
    Kerbal usually goes to 14.99 or 12.99 i think. Could get lucky though!

C'monnnnn Skyrim Legendary for €3 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

nesf wrote: »
    You used to have to reenter all your payment data after a password reset but could do purchases after that. I haven't had to do it in ages though, so it might have changed.

I don't mind that, sure I only use pre pay credit cards for online payments, and that information has probably changed in the meantime. Just saw a list of lockouts on my profile (new device, password reset, stuff like that) and wasn't sure if that would effect buying anything.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I cracked early and got state of decay!
    theres 8 of my 20e budget gone :(
    was hoping for kerbal or GoT ep1.
    might have to push the boat out

State of Decay is a good game for that price though imo. I really enjoyed it,only thing its missing is MP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

EoinHef wrote: »
    State of Decay is a good game for that price though imo. I really enjoyed it,only thing its missing is MP

The MP is in development. I think it will be called Class 4. The original title for State of Decay was Class 3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nothing there for me today. Pretty awful so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty crappy again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nothing there for me today. Pretty awful so far.

Can I ask what exactly you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Can I ask what exactly you're looking for?
    no ,no you cant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I want to give Valkyria Chronicles a go after hearing a lot of good things about it, but not right now. And Borderlands the Pre-Sequel's been on my wishlist a good while, but maybe in the summer I'll get it. Too much backlog yet.

Holding out for Wolfenstein at a decent price, or Mark of the Ninja.

Gal Civ III and Valkyria Chronicles are interesting me.

Ive wanted to play VC for years but have found it very underwhelming tbh. Just cant get into the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Waiting for Skyrim legendary and divinity :OS to go -80%

I shall not falter! :D

you can get it for around €7 here if you use this code
    WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE

Total War Master Collection is a pretty epic deal if you're starting out in the series. 75% off (€27.49). Daily Deal.

Looking at Shogun 2 at 66% off (€10.19). Don't know will it dip?

I have Medieval 2, Rome, Rome 2 and Empire. Medieval 2 was by far the most enjoyable to me.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ive wanted to play VC for years but have found it very underwhelming tbh. Just cant get into the world.

That worries me as well, which is what's stopping me on buying it immediately. Gal Civ needs lots of work from what I've read but it's supposed to be at that stage but again, wondering if the discount is big enough yet.

Gal Civ looks horribly unpolished for me, not interested at all in it. Shame as Civilisation in space sounded cool. Looks like a rush job though I could be wrong.

Edit - thought you meant Civ: Beyond Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Links234 wrote: »
    Holding out for Wolfenstein at a decent price, or Mark of the Ninja.
    How about Wolfenstein at€13.60 from GMG
    Just use the voucher
    WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Gal Civ looks horribly unpolished for me, not interested at all in it. Shame as Civilisation in space sounded cool. Looks like a rush job though I could be wrong.

Edit - thought you meant Civ: Beyond Earth.

Well I liked Gal Civ II quite a lot. I've a fair amount of faith that the game will launch in a decent enough state and they've a good enough history for patching things up to standard if it isn't. But yeah, right now it's very much what beta used to mean 10 years ago not what beta means today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Skerries wrote: »
    you can get it for around €7 here if you use this code
    WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
    €8.16 it seems. Still cheapest around!

That's my Christmas gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TW Emp edition the 1st one bought.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is currently going for €3.99

It's kinda tempting me but what would it be like dipping into for someone who hasn't played the metal gear series since the PS1 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

It's kinda tempting me but what would it be like dipping into for someone who hasn't played the metal gear series since the PS1 :o

It's completely different and a standalone game, it stars Raiden who was in the second game and is totally action based with little of the stealth aspect of the full series
    if you have played Vanquish, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta you will know what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Lads does anybody know of some open world games with guns and its is modern(as it not laser guns but not swords)
    dont paying 60 quid for farcry 4
    Ive played(have)
    gta iv
    Mafia 1+2
    Far cry 3
    la noire

watch dogs looks a bit deer and not worth it from reading the reviews.
    I really like the mafia games
    Any suggestions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3 or new Vegas maybe ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The story went from quirky action flick to out and out nonsense a long time ago so the plot doesn't matter and anyway this game goes out of its way to be very tongue in cheek with how awful the story is. You don't play it for the plot but more so to enjoy the awesome battle system and laugh at the game having a go at itself.

Skerries wrote: »
    It's completely different and a standalone game, it stars Raiden who was in the second game and is totally action based with little of the stealth aspect of the full series
    if you have played Vanquish, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta you will know what to expect

Never played any of those really. I guess I'm wondering if it was a standalone plot, or would I have had to have played the other games in the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just brought Castle Crashers there for €1.19! Looks like a good game by looking at the reviews.

Advertisement