Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone repair shop

• 21-03-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just managed to shatter the screen on my iPhone, I have heard there is a very good repair shop in athlone, just wondering if anyone here can tell me where it is in the town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

Not sure if this is the one you are talking about, but there is a place right beside the Athlone Advertiser office, across from the new town centre, it's basically the stairs up to a guys flat! He has a few phones in the window that he is selling. Ring the bell and he'll come downstairs! I don't know if he can help you with a shattered screen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I think there is also one beside Reubens - Thats between supermacs and Croughans Centra in Irish town, seen the leaflets in Al Kababish.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

tubos wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the one you are talking about, but there is a place right beside the Athlone Advertiser office, across from the new town centre, it's basically the stairs up to a guys flat! He has a few phones in the window that he is selling. Ring the bell and he'll come downstairs! I don't know if he can help you with a shattered screen though!

I think I could be sorted, got a number for a fella called sammy who seemingly fixes them, rang him today and he is going to sort it tomorrow for me hopefully

I think Sammy is the guy down by Reubens.

I think Sammy is the guy down by Reubens.

Is it? That's great thanks for that

• Advertisement

Got sorted this morning, Sammy repaired the lens for €45 so I'm happy out now !!

Was he the guy down by reubens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Was he the guy down by reubens?
    Does anybody know if this shop is still open and if anybody has the phone number for the shop could u please pm me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Don't have the number, but I know the shop is still open, passed it 2 days ago and was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

yeah Sammys is besides Reubens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CSOSulla

I would be very wary of this guy.

He is arrogant and had several complaints on his FB page. He sounds very good at bullying females. He has since pulled his FB page.

I want in, looking for a screen for a phone, he quoted me 3 times the price just buying the screen anywhere would cost me. So 80 Euros just to fit the screen, which takes him 1/2 an hour.

When you walk in you get the impression, he is "doing you a favour" serving you.

Just a heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Avoid the guys innGolden Island phone repair. Screen was repaired by these jokers and it was faulty after two months and they didn't want to hear about it. Very dodgy. Avoid

Advertisement