Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Card making

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

bubso14 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill TB! Ordered a load of things on ebay! Cant wait to get started!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i make cards too! but most of the time i dont get paid for it when family for it because when they say 'can you make a card for X' it never seems to occur to them that it costs money to make and i suppose were in the habit now... but. im not asked to do it very often. its mainly mum who asks. but if anyone else asks i mention the cost - i managed to sell a few cards when i was in college.

i love it though.

there are cards on my blog - its mixed in with jewellery and atc's though. i think most of the cards are in the older posts
    http://petshaecreates.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 szalonaisa

Hi there!
    I was reading your posts and wondering, how it is possible... You said that in Ireland card making is very popular, but not quilling :o I love that technique and if want to see how it looks on card drop in to may blog:

www.szalonasia.blogspot.com

I couldn't find any good craft shop with range of quilling stuff, so I need to buy on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Couldn't get your blog using that link szalonaisa!

Sorry :( Try again with this one:

http://szalonaisa.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

szalonaisa wrote: »
    Sorry :( Try again with this one:

http://szalonaisa.blogspot.com/

Some really beautiful work on there szalonaisa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cardartkilcoole

lovely cards szalonaisa
    I learned Quilling a long time ago, but never kept it up, as I found decoupage and found it much quicker
    lovely bolg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Skatey

I was happy with my own until now.... thanks for the inspiration!

Skatey
    You welcome :)
    Maybe You can show us your quilled cards :rolleyes:

For quilling You need a looot of patience :) but effects are amazing. That's why I love quilling. :)
    Thanks, I just started this blog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Lovely quilling there! The horses are amazing, you must have teeny tiny fingertips!

• Advertisement

I have a lot of patience and a new idea every minute... :o Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭TW Mr Tayto

KatieEgg wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)
    Anyone got any pics of their cards? :)
    check out Cliona Larkin she works 4 docrafts & always doing demos, she be the very person to help& give you ideas, i started doing cards in a class, but now im hooked lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭TW Mr Tayto

:D
    KatieEgg wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)
    Anyone got any pics of their cards? :)
    check out Cliona Larkin she works 4 docrafts & always doing demos, she be the very person to help& give you ideas, i started doing cards in a class, but now im hooked lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I have pics of my cards and if you go further back - scrapbooking - on here http://www.carolinecreates.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Wow, the cards you're making really look awesome! :D
    I'm making playing cards, but usually it's just for myself (so far) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CiaraMG21

hey, I have recently started Cardmaking as a hobby but would love to sell them when I get good enough. Im having a little bit of a problem with my cards looking amatuerish though.. Can anyone give me some advice? I can upload a pic is it helps...?

kick - are they artist trading cards?

ciara - its a great hobby! some people manage to sell cards but most who i know only sell to family and friends. some people know someone who owns a shop and will put a basket of cards on display - and not want a high a cut as most shops do. farmers markets and craft markets if the stall price isnt too high - word of mouth i s the best though!

Aish - Thanks for the advice. Im having trouble making them look sell worthy though if you know what I mean? maybe Im just too critical of my work...

could be - sure you can post pics to ask for advice. we are our own worst critics though!!!
    theres also the cara craft supplies forum i use - great place for cardies. great inspiration.

Aishae, there is some pictures of my cards on the thread 'Cardmaking - Feedback Appreciated'
    Would you mind taking a look and give me some advice? I know they are a LONG way off perfect or sellable in any way yet..

• Advertisement
Advertisement