Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what to do when you barely see your OH!!

Options
  • 26-11-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

i'm going to go crazy. seems the last few weeks everytime i have had some time off my OH has been busy. don't know what to do about it or what to do with myself.

what do you do when you dont see your other half for ages?? as i need something to cheer me up fast before i scream:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Vibrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Vibrator.

+1

But that's not guaranteed to stop you screaming... in fact, if you use it right... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Vibrator.

im too pissed off to even think that right now but thanks for the laugh.

mollybird wrote: »
    im too pissed off to even think that right now but thanks for the laugh.

In all seriousness, I know how you feel. Is he genuinely busy or do you think he's fobbing you off?

no he def not fobbing me off. not his style. he just been on call the last two weekend days i been off and now he is off to topgear this sat when i'm finished work early:( we have had to resort to mini dates for the next two months while i'm on work placement. not quite my ideal dating system.

• Advertisement

mollybird wrote: »
    no he def not fobbing me off. not his style. he just been on call the last two weekend days i been off and now he is off to topgear this sat when i'm finished work early:( we have had to resort to mini dates for the next two months while i'm on work placement. not quite my ideal dating system.

No, it sucks. I barely get to see the guy I'm seeing either - we pretty much have to choose between sex or dates! And of course, when I'm getting one, I complain about not getting the other!

If it's only for two months, don't fret too much though... will you be able to spend time together over Christmas at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

mine lives in germany so know how you feel ;)

at least yours is just for 2 months though - plenty of making up to do after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Mine works 72 hours a week in another city....so I deal with it by living my life. I'm sure you've got friends to keep you company and to go out with. If your OH is just busy for a few weekends, its just temporary. You've the rest of your lives to be with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

My OH works abroad for three weeks at a time, and he's 5 hours behind in terms of time difference. He gets home one week in between this. This will move to four weeks in the new year.

We manage by keeping up contact via text and email, he fones most days, and we speak via skype and webcam every evening for a decent while.

You're not seeing your OH for three weekends, this is normal for me.

Its no big deal to be honest. Just spend time with your friends, family, use the time to sort out the house, what ever.

I'd be more sympathetic but I deal with this all the time, so i don't see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

argh;, feel ya there, OP, i spent two years living in ireland while my fella lived in nz. deal by keeping in as much contact as possible - text/phonecalls/letters/emails/msn, and distracting yourslef... have a big girl's night in, go out, take up a new hobby (my guitar playing skills did increase while i was sitting in on my own), make plans for what you'll do when ye have time together, something special you can organise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Don't bother with him. Plenty of other men around who will spend time with you. People who live apart for 2 years are a bit mad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Thats a bit harsh climate expert. Its not as tho he doesn'y want to spend time with her, its just the situation at the moment.whch can be very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Don't bother with him. Plenty of other men around who will spend time with you. People who live apart for 2 years are a bit mad imo.

mad people are allowed love too, y'no.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

are you going crazy with the not seeing him or cause youve nothing to do with yourself?

if its the first one, then yeah it can be really crap but just make sure you take advantage of the time you do get, even if its just a quick phonecall. personally id prefer 5mins on the phone than a day of texts.

if its the second - there really should be more to life than your bf. meet friends/family, do a class or go back to a hobby you used to enjoy. when you get used to having someone around a lot it can be hard to get used to alone time, but you should really learn to ENJOY this time :) eg. a big bar of a chocolate & a good book :D

going crazy cause i can't see him. i'm in my final year of college so nothing to do with me not having anything to do. can't see my friends or go out at night as i'm busy working part time or doing my work placement.

yes i always said i would never do a long distance relationship i have seen my bro do it for 4 years but you can't help who you fall in love with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Dont feel so bad...my OH lives in England and I fly over most weekends to her..in fact I am flying over this evening and for the next 4 weekends plus spending a week over there over xmas..she works saturdays and is petrified of flying but she does her best...

sometimes I wish I could just meet her after work for a drink etc and do normal things during the week but thats just the nature of it...it been going for 1 year and I am looking for employment in England but talk about bad timing...she has a house/mortgage and a commercial lease until May 2010...

at least ye live in the same city..just make more of an effort as hard as that might sound..set time aside and plan months ahead..we book flight 2 months in advance and so we alwasy have something to look forward to and makes time go quicker

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

what do you mean, what do you do?

the same things i always do:confused::confused:

eat, drink, clean the house, meet friends, work, study etc

Advertisement