Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girls doing the asking?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I've never been asked out by a girl who had a girl make the first move or whatever.
    Always wished they would as I bottled many situations where the only way anything was going to happen was if I took the plunge. Don't know why many women don't to be honest, unless the guy's an utter "cock sure, look at me I'm teh sex and I screw all the women" then the worst that can happen is you get a polite no.

Reason why I never did was I couldn't work out this signs business and have been the victim of many a "aww you're so nice and you're a super guy but lets just be friends".

/probably a predictbly cliched story that's probably already been posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Moonbaby wrote: »
    My attention doesn't have a cost in euro.
    :confused:

I've never been asked out by a girl who had a girl make the first move or whatever.

Reason why I never did was I couldn't work out this signs business and have been the victim of many a "aww you're so nice and you're a super guy but lets just be friends".

is it wise to post such personal details :eek:

maybe you need a makeover thread

do you have any women friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Not necessarily, It would make me very uncomfortable on a date. My attention doesn't have a cost in euro.
    Most Irish women feel the same way, from my observations.

My attention doesn't have a cost in euros either, but if a guy wants to pay for my dinner I'd bloody let him pay for my dinner. If I intended to treat a friend, male or female to dinner, drinks, cinema, coffee, whatever I'd be more than a bit hurt if they didn't let me pay. It's just a gesture, not a payment for services rendered.

I'm more than happy to split the bill on all occasions - it's only fair - but it's also only polite to accept a genuine offer to be treated to something.

A date isn't the same as friend though.
    I can't reciprocate if I decide to not see the guy again.
    Like it or not some people will try to buy you, and that is usually because they aren't willing to give you something else, time wise or emotionally.
    So I think it is better to be clear on where you stand from the start.
    I'd expect a date to be respectful of my choices too, whereas I might not be if I wanted to pay for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Like it or not some people will try to buy you, and that is usually because they aren't willing to give you something else, time wise or emotionally.
    So I think it is better to be clear on where you stand from the start.
    I'd expect a date to be respectful of my choices too, whereas I might not be if I wanted to pay for a friend.
    Indeed, I remember a post by a male boards member a short while back complaining about blowing well over €100 on a first date with a girl only to have her bunk off with her ex. He readily admitted he was hoping to bed her on the first date.

shellyboo wrote: »
    My attention doesn't have a cost in euros either, but if a guy wants to pay for my dinner I'd bloody let him pay for my dinner. .

Good on ya for fessing up:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Vanbis wrote: »
    Hi all,

It always seems that the guy generally do the asking if they spot a girl they like if out and about. I'm sure there are a few girls who have asked guy out when in a pub or clubs, but I'm just curious after reading another thread if there are many girls who have every approached a guy they have seeing out while on the dart/bus or in general really.

I should have added that i was asked out by a girl once before, i was kinda of shocked at first because i thought she was a bit young,( only 3years in the difference ) but we went on are first date to the pub and i can honestly say it was the best first date ever even though it only lasted a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I said I'd keep you all updated on how me asking goes!
    Well I took the plunge and yup, we're gonna go out for a few drinks this week!
    So it works, wahey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

Funny this topic should come up...I got a text tudder day from a girl that read

"would you go out with me on a date if I asked?"

I replied "yes,I would"....and nothing since...I guess she was just curious, or had a bet or something :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I;ve been asked out a couple of times.
    I liked it, showed confidence and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

g'em wrote: »
    Y'know, I think I'm going to employ this line of thinking for a while; asking blokes out has generally ended up in me cursing them for this very reason somewhere down the line.

And lol btw :D

So true. Yes, I've been there, but not worth it! I really think the whole hunting thing is programmed into guys....

Advertisement