Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff that has other uses!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

jessbeth wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about the electric toothbrush :rolleyes:

Heehee... nice once. Here's hoping you don't use the brushy part though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jessbeth

Clare Bear wrote: »
    It's exactly 19 steps from my bedroom to downstairs where the iron is, feck that! :p

I've heard of people using the iron instead of the straightening iron but not the other way around :)

shellyboo wrote: »
    Heehee... nice once. Here's hoping you don't use the brushy part though ;)

Ouch ouch and double ouch.

Try and explain the toothbrush under the mattress though. That's a bit mortifying ;)

Ouch ouch and double ouch.

Try and explain the toothbrush under the mattress though. That's a bit mortifying ;)

I was more worried about using something that's been... down there... to brush your teeth with...

I was more worried about using something that's been... down there... to brush your teeth with...

Just have a separate head for each occasion. I know too much about this don't I? :D

Almond Oil is great for your hair, to make it shine.

Coconut oil can be used to put a shine on your hair, as a moisturiser and as a lube (without a condom though).

It's dead cheap too!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Just have a separate head for each occasion. I know too much about this don't I? :D

Almond Oil is great for your hair, to make it shine.

Coconut oil can be used to put a shine on your hair, as a moisturiser and as a lube (without a condom though).

It's dead cheap too!:o

WTF? You use a toothbrush...that you use, for masterbating:eek:...buy a fecking rampent rabbit! Im sorry, but thats disgusting, even if you do change the head, im sure the handle will get...aww yuck.

Seriously, buy a rampent rabbit.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Girls, to get the full effect from your eyeshadow, use a white liquid eyeshadow on the lower lid then apply the powder shadow over the liquid. enhances the full colour effect and it will last ALL night! :D

LadyE wrote: »
    WTF? You use a toothbrush...that you use, for masterbating:eek:...buy a fecking rampent rabbit! Im sorry, but thats disgusting, even if you do change the head, im sure the handle will get...aww yuck.

It was a joke :)

LadyE wrote: »

A rampant rabbit is ace and all, but SO not the same effect as something small like an electric toothbrush....

A rampant rabbit is ace and all, but SO not the same effect as something small like an electric toothbrush....

Here here, but maybe we should specify that it's not the same toothbrush as you use for your teeth otherwise we're grossing people out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I've heard of people using the iron instead of the straightening iron but not the other way around :)

I used to do that! It's dangerous though, I know girls that have small burn scars on their faces because of that. Well they have them from the days before the GHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

As mentioned, adding sugar makes a nice gentle scrub -- and for tougher places like feet and elbows, salt will do the trick.

And another use for nail polish remover: If you spill latex paint on the carpet, don't fear! Blot out as much of the paint as you can, then use nail polish remover to get out the rest of paint without harming the carpet (or the color of the carpet) at all.

(Yes, there was a minor incident involving the OH and a can of paint. No, you can't tell anything was spilled at all! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I use bio oil on my cuticles as a cuticle oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

MJOR wrote: »
    I use bio oil on my cuticles as a cuticle oil
    Bio Oil is great. So good for my skin after a session of alcohol, it gets really dehydrated and that sorts it out, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Hi lovely ladies

I enjoy preening exfoliating masks and what have you. But products are so extensive and costly have taken to my kitchen cupboards sourcing ingredients for making my own beauty concoctions.

Long time fav is brown sugar and olive oil - THE best exfoliater ever used.

Recently tried 2 tbs of Gin and 2 egg yokes as a hair tonic and glistined results!

Any other good ones care to share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Lemon juice can be good for natural highlights in the summer iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Sugar and olive oil is amazing!

Mayonnasie hair masks are also really good, especially for dry hair. Gives a really nice shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Never tried it myself but I read somewhere that honey is great for the skin. You paint it on all over before you have a shower.

Ground almonds and rose water or orange-flower water make a great exfoliator for delicate skin.

Also almond oil or grape seed oil and sea salt is brilliant as a scrub for the legs.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I use a mask of organic raw honey, lemon juice and milk. It makes my skin feel very nice. I also save my green tea bags and use them on my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I also save my green tea bags and use them on my eyes.

Try contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Carmex is very handy in this weather, a dab on your fingertips can help tame flyaway hair... smells a bit funny though so don't use too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

If you find yourself with greasy roots and have run outta shampoo/haven't time to wash it before you run out, a light sprinkling of baby powder dusted onto your roots and brushed through your hair will take the greasy look away until you buy shampoo or whatever - it dries up oil on the scalp and hair. Beware though - too much baby powder and you'll look like your hair has gone grey.

Generally, baby products are great - wipes, oil, powder etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

yup a little bit of baby powder is great if u dont have time to wash your hair. ALso vaseline for taking off eye makeup. and olive oil/bio oil can be used as serum to tame your hair. I heard if u spritz some perfume on ur hair before u sraighten it it smells really nice and tried it and it worked.
    Also, sellotape wrapped around your hand sticky side out is great as a makeshift lint brush!!

Awesome thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

BobbleOff gadget, €7.99 in Dunnes.

Best lint and bobble remover evar!! Revives soooo many tired looking jumpers, and even takes tiny bobbles off tights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

My flatmate can´t get her head around this but if your hair has lost its shine or gets a build up on it, use a small splodge of washing up liquid before you shampoo and condition.
    It gives a really lovely shine and leaves your hair feeling really soft

If you use fake tan and your nails get stained by it, soak your nails in hot water with half a lemon squeezed into it and buff your nails lightly. Comes up a treat

Packing tape wrapped around your hand (inside out if you know what I mean) is great for getting rid of animal hairs etc off your clothes

A really cheap razor (without the moisturising strip) gets rid of boobles off woollens really well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

My g/f's hair conditioner makes an ideal replacement when I run out of shaving foam... That razor just glides over my face!

I'm sure it could , erm, be applied to other areas too ;)

milod wrote: »
    My g/f's hair conditioner makes an ideal replacement when I run out of shaving foam... That razor just glides over my face!

I'm sure it could , erm, be applied to other areas too ;)

Yup - shaving foam and gel is such a waste of money! Hair conditioner works much, much better, especially on legs and other, eh, delicate areas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If there's no toilet paper... but if there IS a packet of make-up removing wipes - RESULT!!!

Mmmm... cool and refreshing! :D

(I'd draw a line at those flushable Domestos wipes...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Dudess wrote: »
    If there's no toilet paper... but if there IS a packet of make-up removing wipes - RESULT!!!

Mmmm... cool and refreshing! :D

(I'd draw a line at those flushable Domestos wipes...)

Ha. I used a revitalift wipe on the kitchen counter, it was way better than any domestos or kitchen wipe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

embee wrote: »
    If you find yourself with greasy roots and have run outta shampoo/haven't time to wash it before you run out, a light sprinkling of baby powder dusted onto your roots and brushed through your hair will take the greasy look away until you buy shampoo or whatever ....

Not if you have black hair!

Almond oil is great to massage it in dry hair, wrap your hair in a hot damp towel and leave it for an hour or so, then shampoo out and your hair will be so shiny you can see yourself in it.

Use it warmed up on your elbows, knees and heels or wherever you have dry skin and massage it in well. Also good for dry cuticles.

Advertisement