Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff that has other uses!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

vaseline!!! it has so many uses, works great if u have no mascara nd need a bit of a lift, just spread a bit on your finger and brush over eye lashes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

hairspray is great for getting fresh hairdye out of your towels. (is this turning into a laundry thread???!!!)

a tiny bit of handcream can temporarially calm frizz in your hair.

My handbag doubles up as a grocery bag/overnighter/bed for the cat/weapon etc

use mascara to hide those straggly grey hairs inbetween colours (my god i am a lazy b***h!!!!!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I use conditioner to shave at a pinch. Sometimes, you know what, my glorious sideburns are in need of a trim, and I am completely out of shaving foam, and I tell you what, the better half's gloriously smelling strawberry conditioner is perfect. Smooth, non burny, I cant say enough about the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Eye make up remover can make a terrific quickie stain remover if your stuck.....the blue estee lauder one is so bloody good at it it scares me to think what it really does to your eyelids!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Vaseline is brilliant for re moisturizing old wood.

Some sugar in mosturizer is a great and gentle facial scrub.

Bell:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

if your sleeping with curlers in and havent got a hairnet a pair of knickers or tights works just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

I use conditioner to shave at a pinch. Sometimes, you know what, my glorious sideburns are in need of a trim, and I am completely out of shaving foam, and I tell you what, the better half's gloriously smelling strawberry conditioner is perfect. Smooth, non burny, I cant say enough about the stuff.

+1
    Very handy when you're stuck.
    Just don't use the fancy stuff, you could get your eyes clawed out:(.

I've also heard that Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream has a *ahem* wide variety of uses....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I've also heard that Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream has a *ahem* wide variety of uses....

:confused: explain yourself lady! :)

and is this one of those instances where your "friend" told you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

good one . cheap shampoo on shirt collars and cuffs and t-shirts as a way to remove grime is very effective. Its great with white shirt collars.

and Oil of Ulay has often been used by facially folicly challenged guys to get hairy faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

ellscurr wrote: »
    Hair conditioner as fabric softener. Because you're worth it :D

And in the vein of 'babywipe uses'....chuck a couple in the dryer with your clothes...cheaper than dryer sheets and yum smell.

And no I don't have a laundry fetish...

hair conditioner as fabric softener.
    Baby wipes in the dryer..
    great stuff

have you tried them the other way around ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Baby wipes are ammmaaazzing - wonderbar for getting out make up stains out of clothes!
    If jeans /trousers are skimming and you dont want them to get really frayed a coat of nail varnish at the ends will keep them in check.

Is it ok to say a whole girl to hold the torch while you change a wheel or is that bold:D

Ps great thread BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Baby wipes are great for wiping dust from the dashboard and all the other places in your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Come on. In this instance you've just got to man up and shave with just hot water or leave it for another day :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

In hot weather, motorcycle racers have been known to slap a panty liner on their forehead before donning the helmet; it'll soak up a whole race worth of forehead sweat and keep it from getting in their eyes.

Rovi wrote: »
    In hot weather, motorcycle racers have been known to slap a panty liner on their forehead before donning the helmet; it'll soak up a whole race worth of forehead sweat and keep it from getting in their eyes.

liar. Sticky backed waterproof plastic isn't the worlds most absorbant material. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moonbaby wrote: »
    liar. Sticky backed waterproof plastic isn't the worlds most absorbant material. :D

Unless they're the breathable (read: useless) kind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

liar.
    :confused:
    Moonbaby wrote:
    Sticky backed waterproof plastic isn't the worlds most absorbant material. :D
    They certainly use/have used some sort of feminine hygiene product for this purpose; sanitary towels were mentioned when I first heard this years ago. I take it they're not the same thing then?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't tampons anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

They use them the other way around, i.e. sticky bit on inside of helmet, absorbant bit facing their head.

• Advertisement

Stripper heels - strippers can also wear them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

This is turning in to a shrine to Babywipes!

All hail The Babywipe!

maple wrote: »
    :confused: explain yourself lady! :)

and is this one of those instances where your "friend" told you? ;)

No, genuinely, i know somebody who used to work on an Elizabeth Arden counter. As part of the sales spiel they were always told to ask the customer what they used the stuff for. People would reply with the usuals, dry skin, flyaway hair when they're stuck, dry lips etc....... but she had an older woman tell her once that she(the older woman) was very dry 'Down below' and that it worked much better for 'relations' than KY jelly, and she and her partner couldn't imagine what they'd do without it......

NOICE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

No, genuinely, i know somebody who used to work on an Elizabeth Arden counter. As part of the sales spiel they were always told to ask the customer what they used the stuff for. People would reply with the usuals, dry skin, flyaway hair when they're stuck, dry lips etc....... but she had an older woman tell her once that she(the older woman) was very dry 'Down below' and that it worked much better for 'relations' than KY jelly, and she and her partner couldn't imagine what they'd do without it......

Eeeep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nelopee

Apply a really thick line of black eyeliner along your top lashes then smudge with a eye shadow brush for a really quick smokey eye without having to use eyeshadow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I know clear nail varnish already got a mention, but it's also good if you are allergic to nickel, put some on whatever part of the offending item is touching skin, and there is no reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Use a ghd to heat the home waxing strips rather than rubbing them between your hands. Just make sure the Ghd doesn't get too hot and only run the strips through very quickly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

:eek::eek: Hysterical!!!! I have the lip balm, wonder if that works as well?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That is truly vomit-inducing :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

shellyboo wrote: »
    My Venus razor vibrates. Nuff said.

Wouldn't want to get that the wrong way around...

Advertisement