Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Let's Play

• 07-07-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

So, I got my first PC, and have decided I want to do a let's play.

I need a few people to do so. There's only a few prerequisites.

Must be over 21
    Have a decent internet connection. (20 Mbps +)
    Preferable have steam, but not completely necessary.
    Skype.
    Decent Hardware.
    Microphone.

Some of the games I'm looking into are
    Viscera Cleanup Detail
    BattleBlock Theatre
    Minecraft
    Sniper Elite V2

I've only had this about a week so I've yet to build up the library, so suggestions are very much welcome.

So, anyone interested, let me know in a comment, and also if you have another game you want to do a lets play about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

why do you need other people for a let's play?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Let's play market is so over saturated by half arsed stuff, that I don't really understand why would you want to go there. I don't even know why majority of, so called, good let's players on youtube are popular as they are.
    No offence, but the way you starting your carrier, I am already in skeptical overdrive m8.

The only let's plays that I actually like are game grumps, but they are just funny themselves with a lot of interesting random topics. They are playing old games mostly, which is actually great.

The only twitch (er) I watch is Quickybaby, who does world of tanks stuff. He is amazing player and it's more educational to watch him, then entertaining. Every single time he play something different I just tune out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Legaeldan

Other people because it's make for more fun playing some games.

And I know the market is over saturated, but I'm bored, and decided I'll give it a go in my spare time. It's not anything serious, it's just for a bit of fun to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I always figured let's play's were best done solo, how are you going to work it out with random internet people?

I mean, if you're going to broadcast with other(s) what kind of format will you be using with your co-LP'ers?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Legaeldan

Probably just start with the usual Youtube/Twitch.

As for the random internet people, I guess that's half the fun. Most of the people I play with take things waaaay to seriously. Just looking to get a couple of games going, record them, etc. Have a bit of craic. There's nothing serious to this, and I guess I'll be figuring a few things along the way about broadcasting, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The biggest issue you might have would be who the screen focused on, if you know what I mean. Might be easy to start off working on something singleplayer/solo, and then once you get a feel for what's involved, step up. Could be a lot of fun, and very interesting.

I've been tempted to start streaming my game playing, for no other reason than most streamers seem to have a bit of craic and good banter while they play. And of course the dream of being able to quit my job and play games full time, but that's not going to happen.

Advertisement