Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Tallaght to NUI Maynooth

• 27-05-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Can someone give me directions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Can someone give me directions please?

Mode of transport and a starting place in Tallaght would be a big help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Up the M50 and out the M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

Mode of transport and a starting place in Tallaght would be a big help :)

My apologies mate...

The mode of transport is by bus and my starting point would be The Square

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Luas to Connolly and train from Connolly to Maynooth. NUI is a 5 min walk from the station.

Don't think the bus will be quicker as I think you'll have to go via the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

n97 mini wrote: »
    Don't think the bus will be quicker as I think you'll have to go via the city centre.

Not necessarily. 76/76A/76B from Tallaght to Kylemore Road, then from there a 66 or 67 to Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Is there not a route 166 in the works that would cover this? Might be in place by September if so..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There is a direct coach service every morning returning in the evening run by Slevins Coaches.

Details here:
    http://www.nuim.ie/location/dundrum-maynooth.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I make the journey regularly and have look at many ways of doing it, the best way for me and the quickest seems to be Luas from The Square to Heuston station and then a bus from the side of Heuston straight to Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

GarIT wrote: »
    I make the journey regularly and have look at many ways of doing it, the best way for me and the quickest seems to be Luas from The Square to Heuston station and then a bus from the side of Heuston straight to Maynooth.

How long does that take you? What time do you have to wake up at (if you goto the college)

How long does that take you? What time do you have to wake up at (if you goto the college)

No I do it in the opposite direction for work, It usually takes me an hour 15 mins to an hour 45 mins max getting home (tallaght to maynooth), depending on the day and when the bus is, you should be the same because the traffic is going the opposite direstion to you. There's about 5 different routes from Heuston to Maynooth though and each one has a bus at least every hour, most are every 30 mins on weekdays so your never really waiting long. From Maynooth to Tallaght in the afternoon takes an hour and 20 mins max as when you get off the bus there's nearly always a luas there or one within 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As the OP is going to NUI Maynotth, I'm assuming that he's some sort of student...

An added bonus of the Tallaght - Connolly - Maynooth route is that you can get the student smartcard - http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/Student-Tickets/

Student 7 Day Bus and Luas €25.00 is a bargain, as it'll be €2.30 each way from Maynooth to Connolly Station if you pay for the bus. In 5 days you'll have nearly paid that the €25 in bus fare alone, never mind the LUAS. So you in essence get free LUAS (like, actual free LUAS :P). You need a student travel card so check out http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Student-Travel/ for info.

Oh, and added bonus is that it can be used to get into town on the weekends (not for the nitelink, though).

the_syco wrote: »
    As the OP is going to NUI Maynotth, I'm assuming that he's some sort of student...

An added bonus of the Tallaght - Connolly - Maynooth route is that you can get the student smartcard - http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/Student-Tickets/

Student 7 Day Bus and Luas €25.00 is a bargain, as it'll be €2.30 each way from Maynooth to Connolly Station if you pay for the bus. In 5 days you'll have nearly paid that the €25 in bus fare alone, never mind the LUAS. So you in essence get free LUAS (like, actual free LUAS :P). You need a student travel card so check out http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Student-Travel/ for info.

Oh, and added bonus is that it can be used to get into town on the weekends (not for the nitelink, though).

Can you not get an all in one luas and bus ticket? they used to sell them from the luas terminals, I don't bother with any of that atm because I only do the journey once a week while im in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GarIT wrote: »
    Can you not get an all in one luas and bus ticket? they used to sell them from the luas terminals, I don't bother with any of that atm because I only do the journey once a week while im in school.
    Yes. But if you get the student LUAS and bus ticket, it's usually cheaper.

Advertisement