Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from W7 Pro to W10 - Computer settings

• 01-12-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I have a Satellite Tecra R950 laptop which had W7 Pro. preinstalled and included a W8 Pro. DVD for possible future installation.

The manual states that it is necessary to switch from legacy BIOS mode to UEFI native mode, in the event that W8 was being installed - I am not interested in installing W8 but in the event that I were to upgrade to W10, I wonder would it be necessary to carry out this adjustment?

Unfortunately, I am not very technical and must confess that I do not understand the difference between legacy BIOS and UEFI. The instructions given to effect the change are very straightforward, it is just a question of knowing whether this adjustment is necessary to run W10?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Maidhci wrote: »
    I have a Satellite Tecra R950 laptop which had W7 Pro. preinstalled and included a W8 Pro. DVD for possible future installation.

The manual states that it is necessary to switch from legacy BIOS mode to UEFI native mode, in the event that W8 was being installed - I am not interested in installing W8 but in the event that I were to upgrade to W10, I wonder would it be necessary to carry out this adjustment?

Unfortunately, I am not very technical and must confess that I do not understand the difference between legacy BIOS and UEFI. The instructions given to effect the change are very straightforward, it is just a question of knowing whether this adjustment is necessary to run W10?

Any help appreciated.

Hi there,

For my windows 10 i didnt need to change any of that,the update just ran and that was it.

If your trying to boot with iso image yes you will need to change it but other then that just run the update.

Hope i helped.

Advertisement