Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching sidereel vids on iphone/ipad

• 20-02-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So I know apple dont currently support flash. I have an iphone 4S and am thinking I will probably get an ipad 3 when they come out next month to replace my netbook. Is there any easy way to watch videos from the likes of sidereel etc on the ipad? It would be a little annoying having to go back to my netbook to watch tv shows online after spending hundreds of dollars on an ipad....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

colman1212 wrote: »
    apple dont currently support flash.
    Won't ever as far as IOS is concerned anyway.

Have you tried using sidereel with oplayer(app) on your iphone.
    If that don't work there is a few streaming websites specifically designed for the ipad. as well as 4OD app, RTE Player, BBC iPlayer, Sky go, etc.

If you jailbreak you can also install XBMC and take advantage of their streaming plugins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Wow, Well I'm a huge apple fan but that would be the only reason I'd go for android over apple. I'd be able to install utorrent and also watch tv shows in flash. Does this not annoy ipad users at all? not being able to watch flash?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wow, Well I'm a huge apple fan but that would be the only reason I'd go for android over apple. I'd be able to install utorrent and also watch tv shows in flash. Does this not annoy ipad users at all? not being able to watch flash?

No. Flash eats battery and processor power on Mac/iOS. I rarely need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not this one again!

Why do dinosaurs keep bringing up the lack of flash when it's flash that's on it's way out and not iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

You can use oplayer, free with ads, or a couple of euro without. There are a couple of sites which support video that can be played on iOS devices. It's not ideal in its current state but it is far better than when I got my first iPhone 2 years ago. Just a word to the wise, apple will never support flash, not in million years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hey,

So I know apple dont currently support flash. I have an iphone 4S and am thinking I will probably get an ipad 3 when they come out next month to replace my netbook. Is there any easy way to watch videos from the likes of sidereel etc on the ipad? It would be a little annoying having to go back to my netbook to watch tv shows online after spending hundreds of dollars on an ipad....

There are some browsers for iPad that do support flash or render it on their pc and give you access via their browser. ISwifter is my favourite it gives access to most of the US network sites without VPN so you can keep up with the shows you like. It lets you use sites like sidereel too but with a more annoyance because of the windows and ads they tend to open up.
    As others say then there is OPlayer and you can use a free service like playmo that gives you access to US netflicks and Hulu if you pay for accounts with those.
    Since I've discovered all these things and the tv apps available via the AppStore I never miss flash and I usually can find what I want to watch somewhere free. And I like my tv shows so I'm not talking about this being a rare occurrence!:)

Also flash is now dead as far as adobe is concerned ,more and more sites will be appearing that are iOS compatible, I wouldn't let the flash issue put me off buying an iPad.

Advertisement