Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What used to freak you out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fcuking Pennywise....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

darkdubh wrote: »
    I was terrorised by the TV Incredible Hulk.What really got me was the opening sequence where he was transforming and they show this sudden close up shot of his eyes where theyve changed and gone all creepy..:eek:

I think it showed a human skull-x ray thingy when he changed. I was totally freaked out by skulls as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Michael Jackson's Thriller video terrified me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I think it showed a human skull-x ray thingy when he changed. I was totally freaked out by skulls as a kid.
    Its time to be freaked out again.And the same goes for me(shudder)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Punch and Judy shows used to scare me-not just the puppetry, but the sinister voices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Salems Lot freaked me out.
    Sapphire and Steele was pretty spooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQVJ3qAcAU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMnb536WuC0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just thought we were all gonna die a horrible death from a plague which I was too young to understand at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Roald Dahl's "The Witches" with their square toes and bald heads.

Rimini Riddle.

Round the Twist.

Fixed :)

And after a quick watch I wish I hadn't fixed it now :o
    I don't know how I've never seen that before but I'm kinda glad I hadn't :pac:

Can you please tell me how you fixed it?
    I am hopeless when it comes to posting videos-I can onlx type out the full link-you will see examples in my last post.I am using mobile phone internet.

Apologies to everyone for going off topic.

• Advertisement

Seasan wrote: »
    Can you please tell me how you fixed it?
    I am hopeless when it comes to posting videos-I can onlx type out the full link-you will see examples in my last post.I am using mobile phone internet.

Apologies to everyone for going off topic.

On mobile its easier to just copy the url and edit it. All you need from it is the number/letter sequence right after the v=
    Then you just put that in between the tags eg.

[YOUTbube ]
    g5fx33dcxt7
    [ /YouTube ]

(with no spaces and spelt right. Touch site is being weird ) (and that's a random sequence so I've no idea if it's a real video or not :pac: )

Anyway, on topic.
    Fcuk Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Bastard had me terrified of the cinema for ages!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

There were few things more shudder inducing than the intro to Chocky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Amy33 wrote: »
    Michael Jackson's Thriller video terrified me.
    He actually looked more terrifying in real life later on. Big plastic face and creepy behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

snow_white_sd_17sd.jpg

So. ****ing. Scary. Many sleepless nights thanks to that auld bitch

Was, for all intents and purposes, a paedophile. Thought he was going to lure me into a cage with the promise of lollipops!

And finally, Hugo - Bart's evil twin from Simpson's treehouse of horror VII; probably the only child ever to have actually been frightened by one of those...although it is a genuinely creepy episode!

Hugo_Simpson.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

The 2 biggest causes of sleepless nights throughout my childhood

Bastard things but I was addicted.
    Constant stories about ghosts, aliens, monsters etc and I belived every little bit of it. Even with Unsolved Mysteries I managed to convince myself that the regular kidnappings and murders were the work of aliens :pac: Terrified that witches and ghosts were gonna get me in my sleep :o

Anybody else remember things from the past that had you terrified? TV shows, stories etc? :)

That friggin unsolved mysteries had me freaked indeed as a kid. A combination of the story, the music and Robert Stack's voice(RIP).

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom, how the fook did that get a PG rating?
    :eek:

And finally, Hugo - Bart's evil twin from Simpson's treehouse of horror VII; probably the only child ever to have actually been frightened by one of those...although it is a genuinely creepy

Treehouse of Horror 4 scared me more. Those vampires were fcuking creepy. And Bart doing the Salams Lot window floating. Fcuker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

There was an episode of Worzel Gummidge where the crowmaster showed Worzel a scarecrow he could not finish because he was too evil. He had no eyes, tried to burn Worzel on a bonfire from what i recall! :O

Thunder and lightning.
    As scary as the recent storms were-it used to nearly make me crap meself back then when I was a kid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

For some reason Mcspuds supersavers in Bosco used to give me an eerie feeling as a young child lol

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

There was this BBC tv adaptation of Great Expectations shown in the early 80s and the scene where Pip is threatened in the graveyard by the escaped convict scared the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Fcuking Pennywise....

That still goes down as the scariest film I've ever seen, and I've seen them all!
    Such a fantastically evil depiction of fear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mr-blobby2.jpg

Please make it stop.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

The incredible hulk freaked me out so much that I hid behind the couch when my brother had it on.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I used to be Terrified of the Swamp thing cartoon when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

twilight zone theme,anythin got to do with the curse of tutankamun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was terrified of men with long hair, there was this comedian called Max Wall with long straggly hair who scared the crap out of me.
    The witch off of the Wizard of Oz, and the flying monkeys.
    Sapphire and Steele
    Planet of the Apes, the "monkey men" terrified me.
    Any real life programmes with women giving birth, can remember hiding behind my nanny's sofa:)
    The video for Bohemian Rhapsody freaked me out completely, it was the disembodied heads part.
    I was a nervous child:-(

Oh yeah, and the David Bowie song " Space Oddity". Still gives me a pain in my belly today:'(

Advertisement