Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where would be the best place to go in a zombie apocalypse??

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ireland's Eye... if ye dont mind being divebombed by insane seagulls it's a good place for grass and seagull eggs, but not much else. The martello tower that's there is sealed off, ye'd need some heavy equipment to break it open for any kind of shelter, that or a good shovel and dig yourself a makeshift shelter, though i'd hazzard a guess that the ground out tehre is mostly rock and very little dirt considering there are no trees on the island. It's pretty barren out there man.. and did i mention the crazy gulls? MAD, insane stuka pilots reincarnated as seagulls! :D

Lambay might be a better option, it's just north of the Eye :)

Lambay would be a good option.
    http://www.malahideheritage.com/Lambay%20Island.htm#TheCastle
    Brick up the lower windows and you'll be safe. Any amount of fish for you to catch, and plenty of birds to eat.
    Zombies can't get to an island, so surely your nearest island with decent shelter and a fresh water source is the best place to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Ireland's Eye... if ye dont mind being divebombed by insane seagulls it's a good place for grass and seagull eggs, but not much else. The martello tower that's there is sealed off, ye'd need some heavy equipment to break it open for any kind of shelter, that or a good shovel and dig yourself a makeshift shelter, though i'd hazzard a guess that the ground out tehre is mostly rock and very little dirt considering there are no trees on the island. It's pretty barren out there man.. and did i mention the crazy gulls? MAD, insane stuka pilots reincarnated as seagulls! :D

Lambay might be a better option, it's just north of the Eye :)

Brick up the lower windows and you'll be safe. Any amount of fish for you to catch, and plenty of birds to eat.
    Zombies can't get to an island, so surely your nearest island with decent shelter and a fresh water source is the best place to go.
    Also an estimated 15,000 rabbits on the island!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

I'll follow the rivers up into the hills out of town and go hide in a forest or fix up an abandoned barn.
    Alternatively I'll head for the coast following the rivers out to sea and hijack a yacht and sail away to Newfoundland or maybe round the cape horn and head to NZ. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Paparazzo wrote: »

Depends on where you're getting your info from. George A Romero, World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide would suggest they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Depends on where you're getting your info from. George A Romero, World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide would suggest they can.
    I don't think they could purposely make their way to an island but it would be bizarre if they didn't wash up on the shores regularly. They would probably be in some state by the time they washed up on the island though but even disposing of an immobile zombie would cause problems and if hundreds wash up on the island, the island would more than likely become uninhabitable from a sanitary point of view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement