Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

UPCurley wrote: »
    It sounds like you are all doing so well. I have started and stopped a couple of times but am now determinded to suceed.
    Can you advise how you got on the first week or two. What helped you? Any tips as to how to keep going.
    I'm an all or nothing person so I want immediate results and if I don't get them, I quit.
    I will be good for days, then just lapse and then give up.
    Thanks for any advice or words of experience. :o

I think the big thing is patience I'm afraid! It takes time, it's more a change of lifestyle than a diet and it takes a while to get into good habits. I was like you, getting fed up I wasn't waking up 2 sizes smaller! And then I'd give up for a while, put on more weight and then start again. So my advice would be to make a list of reasons WHY you want to lose weight, and keep a few pictures as motivation. Go back to these if you feel weak. You will have tough days and you'll have weeks where you don't lose bit if you persevere you will get there! Keep Some clothes in your biggest size too, thats great motivation to see them getting looser! I think its important to treat yourself too. As i said, it is a lifestyle change, you have to allow yourself nights out and the occasional treat or you'll snap and eat all round you! Well I did! :p I'm 3 pounds from goal and believe me if I can do it anyone can! Hope this is helpful :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Delighted with my result tonight! It was my birthday on Saturday and I planned to really enjoy myself and not worry about pointing things or light beer. I had proper beer (erdinger) and I enjoyed my BBQ and I even had some chocolate cake. Knowing I was going to have a boozy day, and the inevitable hangover picking on Sunday, I decided to avoid all carby foods like potatoes, bread, pasta and rice. Had none of them all week so I was down 1.5lbs! Imagine what it could have been without the booze. I'm really chuffed with that. Thats 20.5lbs gone now.

I would say "yay, 3rd 7 next week" but I have a friend coming over this weekend and no amount of carb avoidance will compensate for the level of boozing that will be done. I havent seen him in months so I'm going to enjoy myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

I absolutely love the treadmill though and really wish I could afford one, or even afford to rent one. I love the way you can push yourself on it, see your distance, time and calories burned and I know I would definitely not push myself like that when just walking outside.

I am also a fair weather walker. And by fair, I mean I dislike walking in rain/drizzle/mist, wind, cold and also when it is too hot. Not a huge fan of heat unless sitting beside a pool so that totally puts me off walking. Find it very hard to force myself out for a walk, but I think if I had a treadmill, I would go on it every day without fail. My mum has one and whenever I am in her house I go on it. So handy to just watch tv or listen to music while doing it at home.[/QUOTE]

I got an exercise bike in Elverys for 100e so you could try save even 20e a week?? Or I find when out walking, I wear really low peak cap so then dnt feel like ppl looking at me! Also if have a back garden maybe some skipping?? I find skipping tiring but really good and makes you work up a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

http://www.rosemaryconley.tv/Print%20Recipe.aspx?rid=1932

http://www.rosemaryconley.tv/Recipes/Starters-Sides-Snacks/Cheese-and-Tomato-Tortilla-Quiche.aspx

This is my lunch tomorrow :D
    It says it serves 8....yeah in my hole!
    i'm having the whole thing...its only 10pp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

my WI is tomorrow morning.

I have a sneaky look at the scales the odd evening(pick the evening as I knwo this will be my highest weight of the day so if it's bad it doesnt throw me), and this evening I weighed in @ ........ 14st13.5LBS!! I now weigh less than 15st no matter what time of the day I weigh in!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

meabhaline wrote: »
    Hey
    The exercise thing is really hard for me. I'm in work from 8.30am to 7pm or 8pm some nights. I'm always so stressed and tired by the time I get home the thought of gym or going for a walk makes me wanna puke. I suppose its that kind of thinking that caused me to be over weight in the first place. I know i should have a bit more get up and go but its hard. Does anyone else feel the same, how does one balance a 40 to 50 hour working week, exercise, hobbies and actually spending time with friends and family? HELP ME

I work a lot too but now I keep my gym gear in the car, if I do work late I dont go but the days I do leave on time I try to go as much as possible and I always go on Saturday and Sunday. Try do something one evening during the week and one of the weekend days, commit to that first and dont try do any more for the first two weeks. The third week try a 40 min walk at lunch one day too. dont try thinking further than that - think mini goals and they dont have to be on the scales.

I'm working on the basis of a pound a week. It's achievable, doesn't feel unsurmountable and in a year I'll have lost nearly 4 stone!!
    4 stone is a LOT! a pound a week gets me there! i can do a pound a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Singapore Noodles: It should be in the RTE player cos it was only on rte last night. Some young fella...a young chef was doing a singapore noodle recipe...didnt see it....but i heard him say his version was "healthier" than take out version....so noodle fans....go snoop and find it...its on the RTE player site somewhere...

Donal Skehan - love his food http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1100810

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I have my first WI tomorrow, hopefully it'll go well and help me stay motivated for the next few weeks!

I'm finding it hard to fill my points everyday too. I have 29 but only used the full amount once (today). I don't eat big meals often, just small amounts often. Possibly I'm pointing wrong so I'm going to buy the WW calculator to see if it makes a difference.

I made the tortilla that Lainy put up during the week and it was really nice with salad. I used mushrooms, peppers and some onion to fill it out. This made it more filling but the base couldn't support the weight so it was difficult to cut until it had cooled and set a bit better.

Hope everyone has a good week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

flamelily wrote: »
    never tried cous cous.......just looks odd but might give it a go.....need to vary my carbs and I know that cous cous is supposed to go nicely with salad!!!

I like couscous but never bothered with it in salad before, always felt like I was wasting my points for later in the day, but as I'm trying to stop eating crap in the evenings, I've been trying to bulk out my lunches. Yesterday was my first non-soup day in AGES, so I made a lovely salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber, tikka chicken and couscous with raisins & curry powder. And I have to say the couscous made it really filling! And tasty too! Felt like I had LOADS to eat but wasn't bursting either! Have it with me again today :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Wedding dress shopping today eeek :eek: Hope I fit into something... will be the first time trying on any clothes since November, hope I dont get all those horrible feelings I used to get in the changing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Monife wrote: »
    Wedding dress shopping today eeek :eek: Hope I fit into something... will be the first time trying on any clothes since November, hope I dont get all those horrible feelings I used to get in the changing room.

You'll be grand! Have a great day!

STS :rolleyes:

ah well, at least I didnt gain;)

big effort wanted this week now.

PS: would soda bread be 'bad' to eat?

I've started(last 4 weeks) eating 2slices of soda bread with my soup at lunch. The last 3 weeks I've lost less than 2lbs over the 3 weeks were I was averaging 2lbs/week prior to that. So I was considering stopping the brown soda for a while.

Only 11 O Clock and I already have a litre of water in me :D All my good work better show on Thurs at WI! :)

I try to have a pt(456mls) of water before I leave for work in the morning, then 2-3 sport bottles(650mls) of water before lunch, 2 sport bottles(650mls) after lunch and a pt(456mls) with my dinner...

thats anywhere between and 3.5 Ltrs and 4.15Ltrs a day, and about 10trips to the loo:D.

I find the water intake manageable when it is spread out through the day like that

Morning folks!

Hmmm have a feeling I'll be STS this week...which wouldnt bother me..after the big loss last week!

Trying all new foods today :) The Toritialla Quiche thinf for lunch

And Chicken and Cous Cous for dinner!

Thinking of marinading the the chicken in coconut milk (Reduced fat) for the day then draining that off. Have a bit of lemongrass/coconut/ginger paste from Schwartz...so kinda a thai green chicken. except as i'd be draining most.

So lots of cooking today
    Treadmill
    And practice my theory test

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

I have just discovered crumpets!!! I always thought in the world of WW, that they would be a huge no no but i bought some in Marks & Spencers first which work out at 3pp each but i have now discovered some in Tesco which are only 2pp! I had 2 of the 2pp ones toasted for my breakfast this morning with Flora Light and a banana on them! Really nice breakfast for 5pp, filling and a change from cereal.... Just in case anyone is interested!!! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

UPCurley wrote: »
    It sounds like you are all doing so well. I have started and stopped a couple of times but am now determinded to suceed.
    Can you advise how you got on the first week or two. What helped you? Any tips as to how to keep going.
    I'm an all or nothing person so I want immediate results and if I don't get them, I quit.
    I will be good for days, then just lapse and then give up.
    Thanks for any advice or words of experience. :o

That's def me 'all or nothing' I get disheartned very fast. I'v been lurkin around this site for weeks now so have to motivate myself! I was attending ww meetings but gave up of course!!. Weighed myself this morning and am going to have a go on my own. I have plenty of information from ww and this thread is brill for motivation so hopefully I will succeed this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Micki wrote: »
    I have just discovered crumpets!!! I always thought in the world of WW, that they would be a huge no no but i bought some in Marks & Spencers first which work out at 3pp each but i have now discovered some in Tesco which are only 2pp! I had 2 of the 2pp ones toasted for my breakfast this morning with Flora Light and a banana on them! Really nice breakfast for 5pp, filling and a change from cereal.... Just in case anyone is interested!!! :D;)

yumyum! think ill be taking a trip to tesco!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

It's my first WI tonight after rejoining WW. Only my second time so not too bad!! I was a gold member and that was four years ago and somehow I'm not sure how (sure!) a stone managed to creep on.

Had to get my head around all this pro point malarky but its good in a way because it meant I started from scratch and started to re-weigh and point everything rather than assuming I knew it all.....so fingers crossed.

Speaking of new things, my new thing is Bulgar Wheat. Same pp as cous cous but totally different. Again it needs a good seasoning but you get loads of it to AND you can use it for dessert like rice pudding but with lower points....brill

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I'll be looking out for those crumpets too.. Good luck to all that have a weigh in.. I'm 7 away from target now, went from 11.6 to 10.10 in 8 weeks, so delighted.. Now I'm going to set mini goals because I think the last 7 will be hard! I'm aiming now for 10.7... A little at a time might help me get there quicker.. I haven't been 10.3 since my wedding in nov 09, but in dec 09 I found out I had cervical cancer (micro invasive) so needed hysterectomy! Anyway since then i piled on the one stone+... so to get back to my previous weight would be a joy! Probably sounds silly, but in my head that will get me back to the pre big c days...I've been to ww a few times before all this but the pro points is soooo do able.. I'm actually on week 9 and still tracking and as motivated as day one!! So this time I WILL DO IT! Roll on the next three pounds:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Just had my lovely couscous for lunch and am pleased to say that today, I got the ratio of curry powder to couscous right :D It was just the right amount of spicy. What I did was add some curry powder to the boiling water before I poured it over the couscous so that the couscous absorbed some curry powder as well :D Genius, imo :p

Hi guys, off work today and trying to force the water into me! Typical! At work yesterday I had already gone thru two 700 ml bottles! Anyway onwards....

Was in Dunnes today and very pleased to report I fit into size 16 cropped trousers. So pleased! Was gas going into work on Monday, my bloody knickers kept falling down anytime I went walking anywhere - I know TMI!!! We're away this weekend so in an effort to look presentable have got myself a little mini size down wardrobe. Just a couple of trousers for work and some leggings, and of course knickers!! :P Don't want to get too much as hopefully they'll be getting looser after a while. Funny enough where I seem to have lost inches is round my ass, hips and thighs, stomach has gone down a bit but not hugely so. Maybe it's the walking that's doing it for the hip region.

Was at the dr this a.m. back in February my blood pressure was 155/87. Today - 133/86 which is quite a difference. Really gives me the incentive to keep up with the program!

Now back to that water...... ;)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Just had my lovely couscous for lunch and am pleased to say that today, I got the ratio of curry powder to couscous right :D It was just the right amount of spicy. What I did was add some curry powder to the boiling water before I poured it over the couscous so that the couscous absorbed some curry powder as well :D Genius, imo :p

Thanks for the tip :D

i just made the tortilla Quiche thing....OMG DEVINE! Liked it so much that while the oven was till hot i threw together a second on...and i'll have that for tomorrows lunch :D

Pics to come later (sad i know) I'm actually getting quite good at this whole cooking thing! And I actually enjoy it! Espcially when it comes to REALLY NICE TASTY LOVELY FOODS.....That are HEALTHY!

Must try that next week, would be handy for the work lunches. I can do soup a couple of days but not every day.

Caros wrote: »
    Must try that next week, would be handy for the work lunches. I can do soup a couple of days but not every day.

Its really nice! its 12pp for the whole thing....but could have half of it with a salad for 6pp! and recipe says hot or cold :D

(think yday might have said it was 10pp....i put in the wrong cheese when pointing it on ww online...i'd put in soft cheese instead of hard cheese when using the ww recipe pointer)

but 12pp for a seriously DELISH Quiche... compared to the ww quiche which is the size of a coaster for like 9pp or something!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Hi,
    I have always had morning WIs (pre-brekkie, in leggins and a tee) but I've had to swap to an evening class from today on (post lunch and coffees -in jeans and a proper top). I'm kinda thinking in terms of weight between the clothes and the time difference, I'll probably take about a two to three pound hit would that be about average so I dont have heart failure when I step on the scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

LinK3 wrote: »

wow so its ok to go on a mad fad diet and starve your self, mention you eat healthy and use ww to stay on track and your a bad example!

made some lovely pumpkin soup must have used to much chili it was very spicy!

WI tomorrow :)

GT well done :) I know I asked you before but whats stats do you need to work out pp for men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

well i was up 0.5lb which wasn't much as i no but stll after me putting in such a tough and good week with food and exercise. unfortunately i have fallen off the wagon since this mornings weigh in, literally my aunt called out so we had a scone, crunchie ice cream, chocolate and pringles, omg im destraught, they were so nice but think i was so dwn about being up this morning that i just gave up. well im now trying to recover and plan for the rest of the week. i assume all my daily and weekly points are gone on this binge but sure all i can do is improve from here now and hope for the best!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Bikram again tonight. Dreading it at this stage. This is what I'm telling myself- there's only 8 more lessons and then I never have to do it ever again for the whole rest of my life, so no giving up. Then I can switch to something I actually enjoy like the cross trainer or rowing, or pulling my teeth out which I think I'd prefer right now.

If by some miracle of nature I am converted in this next 8 lessons then fair enough but considering my current theory that it was invented by someone trying extract information in the Guantanamo bay region then I am highly dubious of this happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement