Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Foot in the Grave

• 31-10-2014 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here ever watch the BBC comedy about Victor Meldrew, a grumpy old man who found himself in all sorts of disasters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sorry, I mean One Foot in the Grave. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

branie2 wrote: »
    Sorry, I mean One Foot in the Grave. :o

an absolute classic. the one with the skip was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I don't believe it...

Loved the episode of Father Ted where Richard Wilson makes a cameo and Ted is following him around driving him nuts saying the catchphrase.

I don't believe it...

Loved the episode of Father Ted where Richard Wilson makes a cameo and Ted is following him around driving him nuts saying the catchphrase.

That's right; and Wilson says it at the end when he sees Ted in the Parochial House!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I didn't realise it ran for 6 series and the specials, might rewatch a few of them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Great show,loved the finale,classic David renwick,shades of Jonathan creek about it.

Here are the lyrics to the Victor Meldrew song from the episode The Beast in the Cage:

There's a bloke we can't stand any longer
    Always on the bleedin' moan.
    Every time we mend his bloody Honda,
    He starts groaning on the phone.

First, we fixed his car's ignition,
    Checked his brakes and clutch and then-
    Overhauled his whole transmission.
    He just brought it back again.

Chorus: Victor Meldrew, Victor Meldrew
    He can stick it up his bum....up his bum.
    He can bugger off 'till kingdom come.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I remember trying to act cool and saying I didnt find it funny to my parents.
    Spent more time trying to hold in laughing then anything :o Feckin eejit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Victor is actually my role model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

It was the most unfunny television comedy to have ever existed. Or up there with the worst anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My name is also Margaret, and I do say "Oh God" in the same clenched teeth way as Mrs Meldrew!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Victor is actually my role model.

I constantly refer to myself as a modern-day Victor. My local Tesco hate to see me coming. But I DO also extend praise when I witness a job or service well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

It was the most unfunny television comedy to have ever existed. Or up there with the worst anyway.

Perhaps the other Martians who watched with you enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I remember the final episode of this was superb- complete with a Travelling Wilburys song during the end credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You seem to be in a minority of one here. You were probably a Terry and June fan or something.

The episode with the 2 tons of manure on the front lawn was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Wait for a wet cloudy dreary Sunday, fire up the boxset of this. Nostalgia Depression :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

You seem to be in a minority of one here. You were probably a Terry and June fan or something.

The episode with the 2 tons of manure on the front lawn was hilarious.

But, I liked Terry & June too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It was a Classic, right up there with the best British Sitcoms. So well written - at different times it was surreal, poignant, weird but mostly just hilarious.

You get a lot of people thinking it was just Victor shouting and getting angry, but there is so much more to OFITG. I still enjoy watching it.

Advertisement