Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iron Man 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I don't see much appeal in an
    Ant Man
    film tbh...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't see much appeal in an
    Ant Man
    film tbh...

It's the fact that
    Edgar Wright
    is doing it that has me excited, not the character itself, he's been signed on to the project for many many years, I didn't think it would ever see the light of day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Not meaning to rain on anyones parade but it looks now as if
    Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be the 2014 movie not Antman or Black
    Panther who were heavily rumoured in the last few weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone wanna enlighten me on who those guys are?
    The Guardians of the Galaxy

• Advertisement

There are two teams

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah if they get it right at all it potentially be better than Avengers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

And if they get it wrong, they could kill the franchise.

Some new concept art.
    333302_404526329605379_1829963102_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Some new concept art.
    333302_404526329605379_1829963102_o.jpg

Even in this Marvel Universe Extremis still strikes me as tech that's just too far out there for a live action movie.

Never read the whole thing - didn't care for it as a comic idea either - but isn't Extremis just the golden armour under layer over which the red panels then attach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Looks more like the new Bleeding Edge armor thats being used in the comics at the minute. Probably skipping the actual extremis armour for this instead, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Iron-Man-3-armor-1-550x733.jpeg

First full shot of the new Iron Man armour. Looks like its made of marzipan, needs more red, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

First full shot of the new Iron Man armour. Looks like its made of marzipan, needs more red, I think.

Makes sense - for those missions in far flung corners of the world, Tony Stark has an inbuilt snack system.

Jaysus... imagine all the flies stuck to it though.

Also, I doubt marzipan offers the same level of protection from bullets, missiles and giant flying space worms.

Jaysus Tony... what're ya thinkin...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Concept art shown doesn't look like it's meant to be Bleeding Edge. Looks like he was just caught in the act of tinkering with his armor. Going to assume for the moment that the film will present extremis as the undersheath with the rest of the armor still being assembled as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ben Kingsley was shown as The Mandarin in the Comic Con trailer.

Cleaner images from the IM3 FB Page

523761_10151024726977290_1749895489_n.jpg376567_10151024736427290_924015647_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Corholio wrote: »
    Ben Kingsley was shown as The Mandarin in the Comic Con trailer.
    Exclusive shot..

Untitled_15.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Trailer for the trailer is up

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This new trailer for a trailer schtick is for the dogs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Basq wrote: »
    This new trailer for a trailer schtick is for the dogs!

Isnt it, the teaser for the teaser then 5 trailers, a dozen tv spots, 15 minute making of, superbowl ads etc etc, all before the film comes out. I'm trying my best to avoid overexposure to films I really want to see, I've seen the skyfall teaser and thats it, havent seen the full trailer at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's an inoffensive fad (spoiler avoidance notwithstanding), but still one I'd like to go away: trailer-trailers just seem like a needless attempt to drum up hype, usually for movies that don't really need the help; I don't see the point of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

First image of Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin, plus a few more promo photos:

original.jpg

Everything about this seems a bit underwhelming so far, but I won't judge it till it's out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Can't possibly be any worse that Iron Man 2 though. My expectations aren't exactly high but it might be ok.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well considering this is the first post-Avengers film, I'm damn curious how the film will operate within the relative constraints of this newly merged world. Considering this is now a film universe of alien invasions and mutant superheroes trashing entire cities, it's hard to see how Iron Man 3 will tell its own story within that universe. Either way, no doubt the Avengers will be conveniently on-mission far, far away, whilst Stark battles his latest foe - yet another variation of the Iron Man armour, probably. (I'm calling it now)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well considering this is the first post-Avengers film, I'm damn curious how the film will operate within the relative constraints of this newly merged world. Considering this is now a film universe of alien invasions and mutant superheroes trashing entire cities, it's hard to see how Iron Man 3 will tell its own story within that universe. Either way, no doubt the Avengers will be conveniently on-mission far, far away, whilst Stark battles his latest foe - yet another variation of the Iron Man armour, probably. (I'm calling it now)

It was shown in 1 of the 1st press pics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Can't possibly be any worse that Iron Man 2 though. My expectations aren't exactly high but it might be ok.

It was a pity. I thought the first half of it was fairly good.

I really wish superhero films would **** off for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

First image of Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin, plus a few more promo photos:
    [noparse]
    original.jpg[/noparse]

Everything about this seems a bit underwhelming so far, but I won't judge it till it's out.

I thought I'd popped in to the Hobbit thread there for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tonymc1986

im prob gonna get a lot of grief here but i cant stand ben kingsley, hes always so over the top,i guess that could work for a comic book movie but im sure he will make me cringe as usual.

• Advertisement

It was shown in 1 of the 1st press pics

The 'Stars & Stripes' Iron Man? I had presumed that was simply Stark doing his patriotic bit; so that's the bad-guy from the new movie? Pretty weak if true.
    im prob gonna get a lot of grief here but i cant stand ben kingsley, hes always so over the top,i guess that could work for a comic book movie but im sure he will make me cringe as usual.
    Depends on what movies you're thinking of when you speak of him; he seems a little too quick to take pay-cheques on some car-crash productions, in which yeah, he hams it up quite a bit; he's a fantastic actor when he wants to be though

Advertisement