Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired of paying 29.99€ for 12 protein bars ? TRY THIS!

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cheers, deffo gonna give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Random bump. Anyone know how long this roughly last? Been making them for years but never actually thought about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

How long they last in the freezer ?

Probabaly years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Na stored in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Na stored in the fridge.

I've kept them in the fridge (wrapped individually in greaseproof paper and then collectively in a Ziploc bag) and after about 5 or 6 days they start to become a bit hard and dry.

Now I just keep them in the freezer. Take one out when I want it and let it thaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

After having this thread followed for who knows how long, I finally cracked into it last night. Really easy to make up (though I do wonder if mixing by hand really is the easiest way at times!). A little sticky when eating, but not terribly so, and tasted really good. Did use Vanilla and think that Chocolate would be better (or perhaps add a flavour / more maple syrup :) )

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Made my first batch of these last night! Look good, will look forward to a tasty snack at work today!

Just one question, do ye store the bars in the freezer or fridge? I presume storing them at room temp will make them go a bit gooey?! I've left mine in the fridge after being in the freezer overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

^^ That's exactly what I did. Stored in fridge (and were grand for the week). Do get a bit more sticky when left at room temperature, but they made for a good elevenses snack.

🤪

Advertisement