Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Font Problem

• 11-09-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

I am using an Macbook for my day to day work. When I send E-mails that I have copied and pasted I am finding that the receiver is getting them with different size fonts. Sometimes, the lines are all over the place, even though I highlight and select the same font for the whole message. It looks fine when I send it. It happens on my Gmail account as well as my apple mail. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Just as a test, can you copy and paste the text from source into a plain text editor (e.g. TextEdit) and then paste into an email and send to your Gmail account as a test? What are the results here?

This should just send in your default Mail.app font.

(On another quite note, what are you pasting from? Word doc? PDF? The inline styles could be pasting in as well here, thus the plain text test suggestion initially)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Safehands

Banta wrote: »
    Just as a test, can you copy and paste the text from source into a plain text editor (e.g. TextEdit) and then paste into an email and send to your Gmail account as a test? What are the results here?

This should just send in your default Mail.app font.

(On another quite note, what are you pasting from? Word doc? PDF? The inline styles could be pasting in as well here, thus the plain text test suggestion initially)

Pasting from a previously sent G-mail message

Advertisement