Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Three's offer of €40pm for free phone. 2 year contact . What you guys think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

LakesKeane wrote: »

Of what? How much would you use the phone? I went this route and and the €40.66 traiff was for 350 flexi units which is 350 minutes or 700 texts. I upped it to the next tariff up as it wasn't enough for me. I'm also on a 24 month contract and had to pay a €150 deposit.

Insurgent wrote: »

Of what? How much would you use the phone? I went this route and and the €40.66 traiff was for 350 flexi units which is 350 minutes or 700 texts. I upped it to the next tariff up as it wasn't enough for me. I'm also on a 24 month contract and had to pay a €150 deposit.

150e deposit ? Is that normal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Anybody with the one s have the screen jumping issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Update released for non branded phones today, anybody got this yet?

http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/htc-completes-one-series-2x-rom-eu-updates-wit-r644

Checked for updates but got nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    I have a wildfire S and I love it but the 150mb internal storage is just pathetic , I've deleted everything I can except one app which I need. At the moment I have 3.98mb available internal space with system update available that I can't download.

Which of the HTC One phones would be best to upgrade to , I've been looking at the specs for the One V which shows 4gb internal storage but after reading forums I noticed people saying its advertised as 4gb memory but actually only 100mb is available.

If I cant find a HTC with better storage I'll have to look at another brand which is shame cos I like it.

So I went for the One V because I got it as a free upgrade from Meteor. Delivered on Friday , so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Has anyone actually got this update yet in the UK or Ireland?

Just curious as to Speed and Battery gains, was thinking of getting rid of my one x, but will hold on till after this update and see.

150e deposit ? Is that normal ?

Depends on Three's credit scoring which I think is pretty daft after hearing some peoples problems with it on the Three forum here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the best way i found to increase battery life was to uninstall viber. that thing has been getting steadily worse for months now and it's such a battery hog and for how little it actually gets used i just uninstalled it and haven't looked back.

vibe666 wrote: »
    the best way i found to increase battery life was to uninstall viber. that thing has been getting steadily worse for months now and it's such a battery hog and for how little it actually gets used i just uninstalled it and haven't looked back.

This your own findings or have others noticed same? I use Viber quite a bit, never notice it on percentage breakdown on how battery was used

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

vibe666 wrote: »

Hi,
    This is a member of the Viber R&D Team.

Please make sure that Viber is the cause for the battery drain by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock ROM (custom ROMs may cause this problem).

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

You can find additional information on tests performed by Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at:
    http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn

* Having explained the above, please keep in mind that Viber, at this stage, does not officially support HTC One, and that could be a *possible* reason for the relatively high battery consumption.

For more questions/doubts, please don't hesitate to contact me :)

Regards,
    the Viber Team.

Insurgent wrote: »
    Depends on Three's credit scoring which I think is pretty daft after hearing some peoples problems with it on the Three forum here!

Managed to get away without a deposit as I have a history with them. Got the one x. Loving it at the moment. Any 'Must have' apps I should know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Any one experience any overheating issues when charging? Particularly in top right corner. It's the hottest I've seen on a phone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Viber wrote: »

For more questions/doubts, please don't hesitate to contact me :)

Regards,
    the Viber Team.

Any idea why viber keeps crashing on my stock vodafone one X?
    And why I am getting delivery failures on the crash reports?

I did post on your FB Page but got no answer.....

Any one experience any overheating issues when charging? Particularly in top right corner. It's the hottest I've seen on a phone

Think there is a 'Must have Apps' thread around here somewhere but it really depends on what you use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@mik_da_man- Hi! Thank you for letting us know please contact us at: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/13 so we can get more info. regarding this issue. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

God yes (I have the One V). I was charging it and it rang, so picked it up to answer and near burnt the ear off myself

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

srdb20 wrote: »

Just curious as to Speed and Battery gains, was thinking of getting rid of my one x, but will hold on till after this update and see.

haven't received this yet, has anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

dave13 wrote: »
    haven't received this yet, has anyone here?

Nope and been checking couple of time a day since they announced it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

You'll only get it if you're unbranded, check your CID and see... typical o2 and three taking weeeeekkks to get it sorted out.

• Advertisement

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    You'll only get it if you're unbranded, check your CID and see... typical o2 and three taking weeeeekkks to get it sorted out.

Weeks on Three...they haven't even released 1.29 and apparently aren't going to!!

I bought mine unbranded from CarPhoneWarehouse on Three network, no sign of update for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'm running the 4.0.4 with sense 4.1 update.
    Phone is much faster (htc sense) and definitely more stable. Haven't had the sense "loading" screen since I changed, use to get that a few times a day before.

Can't really say for definite but battery life seems better.
    I'm 1d 9hr 02m and I've 40% battery left.
    that's with screen on auto, WiFi on for about half that time, about 6 calls, all over bluetooth.

Edit: forgot to say mine is a 3 branded HTC one x. I gave up waiting on updates and just did the htcdev unlock and installed the newer rom.

lafors wrote: »
    I'm running the 4.0.4 with sense 4.1 update.
    Phone is much faster (htc sense) and definitely more stable. Haven't had the sense "loading" screen since I changed, use to get that a few times a day before.

Can't really say for definite but battery life seems better.
    I'm 1d 9hr 02m and I've 40% battery left.
    that's with screen on auto, WiFi on for about half that time, about 6 calls, all over bluetooth.

Its standby time is always amazing, like better than the s4 but more importantly, what's the screen on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Unbranded here too, no sign of the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Its standby time is always amazing, like better than the s4 but more importantly, what's the screen on time?

I can get 4 and a half hours web browsing and facebook, 6-7 watching videos and 8+ reading / using the kindle app.

of screen on time in settings>power>display :eek: I don't think I ever got more than 4, which, on xda is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

of screen on time in settings>power>display :eek: I don't think I ever got more than 4, which, on xda is really good.

Im running ARHD 9.1 , some posts I have left on the Battery stats thread on xda.

On a lazy day at home I would usually get 4 and a half, Auto-sync Off 20% brightness, wifi/3g on when needed and webrowsing/facebook/tapatalk and a bit of Youtube.

Days when I get 5+ hours il have watched some videos or read using the kindle app. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=30091526#post30091526

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0ztp912tpl6gb5/2012-07-18%2016.02.26.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umedv8rpmzgs5hh/2012-07-18%2016.02.41.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29rlee6i1q4bxyk/2012-07-16%2016.40.42.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrb639m9pbb8zi4/2012-07-16%2016.41.16.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

srdb20 wrote: »

I just downloaded this now on my One V. It popped up there about an hour ago that the update was ready. Off to peruse it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Kxiii wrote: »
    Nope and been checking couple of time a day since they announced it.

I have moved well past this stage by now.
    No sign of it for my phone and I find it very disappointing.
    Only have it a few months and already Androids crappy updates are hitting in.

Advertisement