Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adhesive/bonding recommendation

• 12-11-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all..

I'm in the process of trying my hand at making something and I've used hot glue but it dries too fast and if I'm not quick enough it can end up arseways basically and isn't tidy enough.

What I'm doing involves fabric and card. Stitching it by hand or machine would be great but not feasible as it would be too thick I'm guessing and the edges leave no room. I also tried tacky glue and it comes through the fabric.

What I need is something that dries quickly but not as fast as hot glue (so I have time to place it perfectly without panic) also, something that won't seep through fabric..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayCosplay Props

Your best bet is most likely a two part Epoxy glue. It usually comes in what looks like a syringe with two chambers, you mix equal parts together and then smear it on the area (if you are not wanting it to bleed through the material you can be very thin with it) it usually drys within a few minutes. It has the consistency of gel so it wont seep through material like super glue.

I recommend the type made by Gorilla Glue, you can find it at B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Your best bet is most likely a two part Epoxy glue. It usually comes in what looks like a syringe with two chambers, you mix equal parts together and then smear it on the area (if you are not wanting it to bleed through the material you can be very thin with it) it usually drys within a few minutes. It has the consistency of gel so it wont seep through material like super glue.

Cool thanks, I know of epoxy resin but never used it.. kind of nervous about it from things I've heard but having the two chambers for mixing might make it a little easier :)

Advertisement