Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4G

• 16-12-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just noticed I have 4G, just outside portlaois.

Pretty damm sweet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

MrSing wrote: »

Pretty damm sweet.

What provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MrSing

What provider?
    I'm on meteor, I think they are all on it, the mast is near the toll plaza outside portlaois. A friend has ever better coverage on Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cbr900

MrSing wrote: »

Pretty damm sweet.

I'm on Three, Dublin 7, and not getting anywhere near that speed, using Samsung S5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Meteor 4G
    http://www.meteor.ie/internet-coverage/

Vodafone 4G
    http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage

Three (soon to include O2) 4G
    www.three.ie/explore/4G/

Pinch of salt with all of the operator coverage maps above of course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I live in Carlow and can get 4G from all providers but I'm with Three.

Can get anywhere from 14Mb to 40Mb, incredibly patchy unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In Limerick and my 4G mifi device gets faster speed than my fibre connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Vodafone installed 4G on our local mast here in Meath in the summer time still no other network has brought 4G to the area.

I get around 35-50 Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up all the time.
    Vodafone seem to cover alot of rural areas with 4G , i was with Meteor for a while and their 4G is hard to find in alot of areas mostly in towns and the cities. 3 are the worst for 4G barely seen it when i was with them and when i did get 4G the speed wasn't above 10Mb/s .

3 have a lot of catching up to do with Vodafone and Meteor maybe now since they own O2 they can build a bigger 4G network than the other 2 doubt that will be happening anytime soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Agreed 3 are pretty woeful in terms of their 4G coverage or even their 3G coverage is pretty shocking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Mc Love wrote: »
    Agreed 3 are pretty woeful in terms of their 4G coverage or even their 3G coverage is pretty shocking

Yup, coverage is totally over the place for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

I was with meteor 4G for about a year now I'm with vodafone 4G since September.

While meteor was pretty good and reliable vodafone is a whole lot better in terms of coverage and peak speeds.
    The indoor coverage with meteor wasn't great but with vodafone it's just as good as outdoors.

1800mhz vs 800mhz I suppose.

Indoor speedtest
    1071594767.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Cork981 wrote: »
    I was with meteor 4G for about a year now I'm with vodafone 4G since September.

While meteor was pretty good and reliable vodafone is a whole lot better in terms of coverage and peak speeds.
    The indoor coverage with meteor wasn't great but with vodafone it's just as good as outdoors.

1800mhz vs 800mhz I suppose.

Indoor speedtest
    1071594767.png

Thinly veiled I have an iphone 6 :D:D

Advertisement