Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

haha angus t jones got fired, idiot, he was getting $500k an episode, hes gonna regret that, for what he does he should be happy with $50k, he wont be missed, i wonder will they try and replace him,

• Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

don ramo wrote: »
    haha angus t jones got fired, idiot, he was getting $500k an episode, hes gonna regret that, for what he does he should be happy with $50k, he wont be missed, i wonder will they try and replace him,

I wonder will he follow Charlie Sheen to his Anger Management sitcom now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

he is going to college.....he minted, never has to work again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Angus T is just being brought back part time, I think that's the deal he had for the last couple of seasons anyway

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/282152/[TV]-Two-And-A-Half-Men-Renewed-For-11th-Season.htm

Mrs. CM is happy that Hart of Dixie is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

he is going to college.....he minted, never has to work again.

Not to mention the money he'll make from reruns over the next decade.

TNT has renewed Dallas for a third season, as widely expected: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/30/dallas-renewed-for-season-3-by-tnt/180365/

Sundance has renewed Rectify for a 2nd season; http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/rectify-renewed-for-2nd-season.html

TNT drama Major Crimes is getting its upcoming second season supersized. The network has ordered four additional episodes from The Closer spinoff, bringing its second season order to 19 episodes. That is almost twice the size of Major Crimes‘ first season, which consisted of 10 episodes. Additionally, another TNT drama going into its second season, the Eric McCormack starrer Perception, has received a pickup for one additional episode, bringing its Season 2 order to 14 episodes.

Via www.deadline.com

EW.com have there own take on what pilot will be picked up to series for the Fall/Autumn: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/29/fall-tv-shows-2013/

HBO has renewed Veep for a 3rd season: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/01/veep-renewed-for-season-3-by-hbo/180575/

omahaid wrote: »
    Great to see Person Of Interest renewed, it's only gotten better in season 2. I'm surprised how little coverage/airtime it's getting over this side of the water.
    brian_t wrote: »
    Person of Interest starts on RTE 2 Monday 6th May 2013 at 9.00pm

I'll post everywhere so more can enjoy this great show :P

• Advertisement

New Deadline article focusing on current sitcoms, if they could be renewed or a proposed "clean sweep" approach this year: http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/primetime-pilot-panic-broadcast-networks-are-very-happy-with-their-comedy-pilots-how-much-should-bubble-shows-worry/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

The Neighbors just HAS to be renewed. Its such a funny show. Watched the Broadway episode last night. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I need more Happy Endings, it's one of my favourites. Find Modern Family really unfunny for the most part now.

gazzer wrote: »
    The Neighbors just HAS to be renewed. Its such a funny show. Watched the Broadway episode last night. Hilarious

ABC must be unveiling their renewals and cancellations soon so

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm guessing all the talk this week will revolve around comedy renewals for ABC and NBC... Thought I'd throw MY PREDICTIONS in before the announcements...

ABC:
    Modern Family - Definite Renewal, no doubt about that
    The Middle - Same as Modern Family, been a consistent performer for 4 years, it's going nowhere
    Suburgatory - It'll be back, but wouldn't surprise me if it has a smaller episode order at first
    Last Man Standing - I reckon ABC will expand its Friday comedy block to 2 hours and LMS will remain it's anchor, so renewal...
    Happy Endings - ABC will drop it, but USA will pick it up I'm sure
    The Neighbors - I'm thinking a renewal and possible move to Fridays in an attempt to launch a stronger comedy night there
    Malibu County - I think they'll drop this and find another multi-cam to pair with LMS
    How To Live With Your Parents (For The Rest of Your Life) - Its gonna be dropped. It's performing well now, but would go the way of Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23 if they renewed it
    Family Tools - This was Dead on Arrival

NBC:
    Parks & Recreation - It'll be back and that's the only confident prediction I have for NBC sitcoms
    Community - Unfortunately I think this is the end. The fans don't like the new season, and we kept it alive thus far...
    Whitney - A lot of people thinking Whitney will get a renewal again, I disagree. NBC would have an easier time re-branding Guys With Kids. Cancelled IMO
    Go On - They'll renew this. It did well enough at the start and depending where they place it on the schedule it could prosper again
    The New Normal - It's got its supporters, but this is a goner
    Guys With Kids - Going out on a limb on this one. I think they'll renew it and move it to Fridays. Multi-cam comedy block paired with Grimm could do well
    1600 Penn - I actually thought they had already cancelled this
    Up All Night - They don't even need to announce cancellation. It's been dead a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Any word on whether Vegas gets a second series?
    Can't find info on it

thanks
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry Rory, but I think it's toast. We should find out for sure this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Cheers, be a shame plenty of potential and some great characters

Variety is reporting Fox and NBC could announce pilot pickups tomorrow through Friday!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/fox-series-orders-for-pilots-tomorrow.html

In other news TNT has greenlit The Last Ship to series with a 10 episode order, Summer 2014...from Michael 'splosions Bay.

Deadline reporting that the nets might explore the limited series vable model of 13 episodes: http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/pilot-season-the-rise-of-limited-series/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Any word on whether Vegas gets a second series?
    Can't find info on it

thanks
    R

I think it's pretty much a goner. Shame really as there's a great show in it if you remove Denis Quaid and focus more on the bald guy.

I'll focus on bubble shows...imho i think The Neighbors and Suburgatory will be renewed.

Once Upon A Time; Deception and Revenge 100% certain as is Grey's Anatomy. I'm still very confident Nikta will get a fourth....its just the question of how many episodes etc.

I'm guessing all the talk this week will revolve around comedy renewals for ABC and NBC... Thought I'd throw MY PREDICTIONS in before the announcements...

ABC:
    Modern Family - Definite Renewal, no doubt about that
    The Middle - Same as Modern Family, been a consistent performer for 4 years, it's going nowhere
    Suburgatory - It'll be back, but wouldn't surprise me if it has a smaller episode order at first
    Last Man Standing - I reckon ABC will expand its Friday comedy block to 2 hours and LMS will remain it's anchor, so renewal...
    Happy Endings - ABC will drop it, but USA will pick it up I'm sure
    The Neighbors - I'm thinking a renewal and possible move to Fridays in an attempt to launch a stronger comedy night there
    Malibu County - I think they'll drop this and find another multi-cam to pair with LMS
    How To Live With Your Parents (For The Rest of Your Life) - Its gonna be dropped. It's performing well now, but would go the way of Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23 if they renewed it
    Family Tools - This was Dead on Arrival

NBC:
    Parks & Recreation - It'll be back and that's the only confident prediction I have for NBC sitcoms
    Community - Unfortunately I think this is the end. The fans don't like the new season, and we kept it alive thus far...
    Whitney - A lot of people thinking Whitney will get a renewal again, I disagree. NBC would have an easier time re-branding Guys With Kids. Cancelled IMO
    Go On - They'll renew this. It did well enough at the start and depending where they place it on the schedule it could prosper again
    The New Normal - It's got its supporters, but this is a goner
    Guys With Kids - Going out on a limb on this one. I think they'll renew it and move it to Fridays. Multi-cam comedy block paired with Grimm could do well
    1600 Penn - I actually thought they had already cancelled this
    Up All Night - They don't even need to announce cancellation. It's been dead a long time

TVBTN has done its final renew/cancel index-predictions. roundup here: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/final-renewel-predictions-from-zap2it.html

ABC
    Happy Endings 5% 0%
    Red Widow 0% 0%
    Family Tools 5% 0%
    Malibu Country 45% 40%
    Body Of Proof 55% 60%
    Neighbors, The 60% 60%
    How To Live With Your Parents 55% 75%
    Last Man Standing 95% 90%
    Nashville 99% 90%
    Castle 100% 100%
    Grey's Anatomy 100% 100%
    Middle, The 100% 100%
    Modern Family 100% 100%
    Once Upon A Time 100% 100%
    Revenge 100% 100%
    Scandal 100% 100%
    Suburgatory 95% 100%

CBS
    Robert Bill
    CSI: NY 10% 0%
    Golden Boy 0% 0%
    Vegas 0% 0%
    Rules of Engagement 30% 25%
    Criminal Minds 100% 100%

The CW
    Robert Bill
    Carrie Diaries, The 5% 10%
    Nikita 85% 100%

FOX
    Robert Bill
    Cleveland Show, The 0% 0%
    Touch 0% 0%

NBC
    Robert Bill
    1600 Penn 0% 0%
    Deception 20% 0%
    Guys With Kids 5% 0%
    Up All Night 0% 0%
    The New Normal 20% 25%
    Hannibal 5% 30%
    Whitney 55% 51%
    Go On 58% 55%
    Community 52% 60%
    Parks & Recreation 100% 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The NBC sitcoms could really go either way couldn't they?

Why haven't ABC renewed anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm amazed Whitney is still in with a shout! I think I managed 5 episodes of the initial season before I was beaten back by the sheer crapiness of it all and left it at that. Last Man Standing had a pretty strong first season but the first few episodes of Season 2 I've seen have left me very unimpressed. I thought they tweaked the show too far and made it far less interesting. Maybe it improved mid season. I just haven't gotten around to catching up yet.

What's the story with 1600 Penn? I haven't seen new episodes in ages. I thought it was cancelled already. They doubled up on the episodes they were showing at the end which gave me that impression. I actually thought the show was improving but many major faults remained.

I shall miss Martha McIsaac gracing my screen. I hope she'll find a new, more sustainable outlet for her redoubtable talents and hotness in the very near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow, Hannibal looks like it's heading towards it's last supper.

• Advertisement

They have Nashville at 99% and 90%....which baffles me, i think that is headed for cancellation. Most of the ABC non sitcoms will be renewed.

Advertisement