Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accounting Finals!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

got mine off in the post today..hope the weather doesnt delay delivery:eek:
    i'm a bit nervous, hope she/he likes my pressie....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Tilly got her first parcel today! Had to go to the post office to collect it.

Thanks to whoever bought for her...first present to go under the tree :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OK girls and boys, I've had a fair few PM's now in relation to delays in shipping and weather issues, don't panic, there is no need to go buying replacement presents or anything mad like that! Just keeping me updated by PM every 3 or 4 days is fine!! There is nothing anyone can do about ice, snow, couriers, if the postman can make it or not or anything like that. I'll send out PM's on Sunday or Monday to anyone who hasn't thumbs upped the sending out post unless I've already heard from you but don't worry about it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Bit of a problem with my car the last few days and couldnt get
    to the post office in time today :(

will be posting first thing monday, so should get there by weds
    at the latest :)

Getting excited now :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Is the postman/deliveries not getting to some people? We had post again this morning, I don't know how as I haven't been out anywhere now since Thursday, I'm having great craic bouncing off the walls :rolleyes:. I hope it warms up a bit in the next few days as I'm starting to run out of people food and pony food! :(

Anyone expecting more than 1 delivery please do keep us updated as they arrive by posting on thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I posted mine last tues, havent seen my SS post if they got it or not yet :o

anniehoo wrote: »
    I posted mine last tues, havent seen my SS post if they got it or not yet :o

Posted mine Wed, no sign either. A lot of people don't seem to be following the thread so I PM'd people y'day to remind them to thank the confirm posts ;) Could be An Post's christmas rush has started!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Was in the post office on friday and they said there had been no post out of Dublin or Portlaoise on Thursday. We had no post a couple of days last wk and my parents who live in a different county only had post on Saturday.
    I'd say the service is all over the place at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I got a parcel! I got a PARCEL!!

I haven't been so excited since I believed in santy.

The post in Kildare has been severly impacted according to the news today and the queue in the post office today was ridiculous. So my packages will be slow arriving and leaving.

Are we to leave the attached card unopened until the 22nd too?

Whispered wrote: »

This was a great idea, thanks again AJ.

I opened the card I Tilly got :D

• Advertisement

TillyGirl wrote: »

I opened the card coz TillyGirl told me too. :p

First christmas card of the year and it's so sweet and so much thought gone into it! Can't wait for the 22nd!

<snip>

Calm down, the contents aren't for you :p

:)
    I opened the card coz TillyGirl told me too. :p

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Yippee! I got a parcel today too!!! Came home from work (in the snow - AGAIN!) and there was a note from the sorting office to go and pick it up! So I asked (forced, actually!) the hubby to drive down for it! I have squeezed it, poked it, shaken it - you name it - but I am no wiser!
    And I couldn't let the dogs see it as one of them is still waiting:eek:
    This whole idea is really making Christmas for me this year - I'm loving all of it!! Thanks again and again and again AJ:)

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my PM's with status updates :)

Can the rest of you please drop me a quick note just so I know you are still alive and haven't been burried in a snowdrift somewhere! :D

Don't joke - that might have actually happened!:D

Don't joke - that might have actually happened!:D

Well it worked because I'm now just waiting on 2 people to dig themselves out of the snowdrift and touch base :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Finally got post today after nearly a week so I am hoping the stuff I ordered will get here in the next day or two. If not I will put Plan B into action :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Hey guys :)
    posted mine today!!
    (mon) just home from work still mon to me :p

Really hope she likes it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

*immerges from mound of snow with a parcel under my arm* I have no post whatsoever my side of the city so I'm taking it to work to give to somebody who has post to post it today for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

Got mine!!:-) Can't wait till will be back home to show it to my dog:-) of course will not let him to open it:-)

Thank you SS!:-)

• Advertisement

Shamanic wrote: »
    *immerges from mound of snow with a parcel under my arm* I have no post whatsoever my side of the city so I'm taking it to work to give to somebody who has post to post it today for me :)

No worries, as long as your alive! :D

4 waiting on deliveries/posting now, and 1 I haven't a clue about :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

**Still waiting here!! ** :o post came yestersday but no pressie :o. maybe later on today or tomorrow??
    I post mine last week and I guess someone here got it!:D

Judging by your address Paws you could have a long wait ahead:eek: But I suppose you could always get Santa to bring it back with him on his sleigh:D

I'm still waiting for one pressie - really thought and hoped it would arrive today! Between myself and my daughter we have sent out four (that was as much fun as receiving!) and we have received one each. So we still have two doggies watching out for the postman every day while the other two are gloating about their tempting Christmas parcels under the tree:)

Ah no I feel awful now, I've been completly snowed in until last night. My fastway package was a week late getting to me and even at that I had to chase him around kildare to get my package last night. So my parcels are ready to go now in the next 5 mins. BUT it's snowing again and I think I'll have trouble getting out of the housing estate.

My husband is stuck in liverpool - my dog is stuck in the kennels - and my parcels are stuck on the table. I'm off out on a mission now to get at least 2 of them sorted (hubby can stay in L'pool) You know you're getting older when you don't love the snow right? :D

Ha, ha! You can say that again - I must be really getting old as I detest that white stuff with a passion!!
    Poor you! You are really having it rough! But look on the positive side - it would be worse if the hubby was in kennels and the dog was in Liverpool:eek: Only joking - I'm sure you love the hubby too:D:D:D

The Paws wrote: »
    **Still waiting here!! ** :o
    Shazanne wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for one pressie - really thought and hoped it would arrive today!

Even all those sent 'on time' won't have arrived yet. It seems to depend largely on where they are comming from and going to, packages sent on the 1st are still floating around with An Post, so please be patient! It could be the end of next week before something arrives ;) Mine went on the 1st and I see no evidence of it arriving yet.

I got to the post office and I got my dog back. :D

Parcels are on their way, but post around kildare is very very slow, they are on the way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Posting mine on Thurs, been over to Wales and not had time, plenty of time though

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Posting mine on Thurs, been over to Wales and not had time, plenty of time though

Thanks for letting us know scudzilla. ;)

At a guess all packages should be with everyone by the end of next week. Any that are expected to take a little longer I will PM the recipient but I'm hopeful all will get there in time :)

Don't forget to confirm the post when yours arrives or post on thread, it helps calm the nerves of the sender as well as myself!

I have to say what I've heard from so many of you, in regard to being worried about letting people down leads me to believe that the whole thing was definately worth it and think (hope) it's safe enough to say at this point that I can predict it will be a complete success and that the christmas spirit is still very much alive:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement