Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North West Electronics/BlueBox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Was down for 20 minutes again this evening. Back up now, this is what the 10Mbit package is capable of when nobody is on the network after it being down lol:
    3989348005.png

Was a matter of 30 minutes yesterday after it going down that it was back to 100% contention, lets see how long it is today.

Down again? I'm supposed to work from home tomorrow so I'm hoping it doesnt go down again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ITRules

Well this does not really fix anything...

So you take them to court... To do what? Recoup the 20pounds (28 euro ) per month?

Probably would not pay you to take the day off work!

There are a lot of people in Donegal that have no other provider, rural areas where if they cancel their contract OK "They win" over NWE but are still left with no other alternative.

Rock (me) hard place!

If we be able to gather 100+ unhappy customers,select one person to represent us in court it work work 100%.

20 Pounds hmmm...
    12 month contract,if we be able to get half amount back from each month it gives you around 160 Pound back to your pocket.Process expenses and are wasted time will be paid as well.And try to show this to every citizen in this country before get in to it,simply warning them.
    We are not looking for fight against NWE just for satisfaction,they are ignorant and do not listen costumers problems,
    Bucket of cold water on their heads is more than welcome,enough cheating people who do need anything alse than just flawlessly working broadband.............as much,so they pay money for !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

ITRules wrote: »
    If we be able to gather 100+ unhappy customers,select one person to represent us in court it work work 100%.

20 Pounds hmmm...
    12 month contract,if we be able to get half amount back from each month it gives you around 160 Pound back to your pocket.Process expenses and are wasted time will be paid as well.And try to show this to every citizen in this country before get in to it,simply warning them.
    We are not looking for fight against NWE just for satisfaction,they are ignorant and do not listen costumers problems,
    Bucket of cold water on their heads is more than welcome,enough cheating people who do need anything alse than just flawlessly working broadband.............as much,so they pay money for !

Again this will not solve the issue.

NWE are a small outfit a small company with teething issue.
    The company only turned over 160K in the UK last year hardly a huge amount of money.
    I will take a look at their turn over in ROI later.

You go to court unless everyone has kept a record of their poor service you will not get a penny back, simply saying "I have been getting a poor service for 6 months" is not enough.

BB has to drop below 1.25Meg for it not to be broadband and technically NWE are not fufilling their contract and again the best you can do is leave...

The best anyone can do here is cancel the contract or cancel the DD going to court with a group of people I can assue you will be a huge wast of time.

If NWE say you cannot cancel you do it and tell them they have breached the contract they will not chase you on this unless they are completely stupid!

But again I cancel, what do I do?? I go from having crapy BB to no BB.

Again this will not solve the issue.

NWE are a small outfit a small company with teething issue.
    The company only turned over 160K in the UK last year hardly a huge amount of money.
    I will take a look at their turn over in ROI later.

You go to court unless everyone has kept a record of their poor service you will not get a penny back, simply saying "I have been getting a poor service for 6 months" is not enough.

BB has to drop below 1.25Meg for it not to be broadband and technically NWE are not fufilling their contract and again the best you can do is leave...

The best anyone can do here is cancel the contract or cancel the DD going to court with a group of people I can assue you will be a huge wast of time.

If NWE say you cannot cancel you do it and tell them they have breached the contract they will not chase you on this unless they are completely stupid!

But again I cancel, what do I do?? I go from having crapy BB to no BB.

Sorry,but you are wrong !
    You asking people to pay for something they will not get at decent standards,but they were promise gold mountains before sign contract.I your opinion is right ?
    Please don't make people over here stupid,you are not tryin to help us at all.
    Your point is-pay,stop complaining,and listen the endless empty promises like upgrades,issues,technical problems..........

It doesn't mater what moneys the making,the mater is HOW ?

People need to know before get in to this batle with windmills...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jsn.mcclintock

You asking people to pay for something they will not get at decent standards,but they were promise gold mountains before sign contract.I your opinion is right ?
    Your point is-pay,stop complaining,and listen the endless empty promises like upgrades,issues,technical problems..........

In fairness I don't think he is making any point besides that there is either a choice between paying for this broadband or not having any broadband. Same as myself.

I would agree with him in saying that trying to go to court would be a pointless exercise. Cancelling your contract is the only way that you'll not be paying for substandard service but as I've highlighted, you do this and you're left with no internet connection.

• Advertisement

In fairness I don't think he is making any point besides that there is either a choice between paying for this broadband or not having any broadband. Same as myself.

I would agree with him in saying that trying to go to court would be a pointless exercise. Cancelling your contract is the only way that you'll not be paying for substandard service but as I've highlighted, you do this and you're left with no internet connection.

Yeahh......many people dont have broadband right now,for many days,but NWE charge them full amount for it."Technical issue" our senior engineer working on it......
    If they cant do it,stop doing it,leave place for honest companies wich they now slowly growing and hopefully will take it over.
    The prices are extremely high for the quality of services they provided.....should at least 40% less.
    Court is not for solving NWE problems,only NWE can solve it.
    Court is for solving problems legally,citizens left on ice by NWE......
    I know,it is hard to understand,but this is reality...

Court probably isn't the way yeah. Comreg and the likes may the best bet. You raise a complaint, NWE should fix it, if they don't comreg can then take it further. There are plenty people having issues. Isn't there something elses coming into effect at the start of the year for wireless comms providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

for €25 euro and month and unlimited downloads cant be too harsh on them. As i dont use neflix or very big downloads its been very good for what i use it for. Only other option is eircom but paying for line rental no chance.

I am wrong? What am I wrong about?
    You abviously do not seem to know what you are talking about...

When you sign a contract for a service and you are not getting the service agreed upon then you can argue NWE are in breach of contract you can cancel your agreement.
    Before you signed the contract did you agree any special terms or compensation in the event NWE cannot provide the level of service you need???? No? Well trying to take NWE to court for compensation will be laughed at and rightly so!

You have one option here and that is to cancel your contract! You are not being forced to pay you have the option to change that, there really is no money to recoup.

"Please don't make people over here stupid,you are not tryin to help us at all."

Over here? Please try and use english you are making little sense.

I am not saying people just need to accept it, I am saying anyone has the option to leave.

Yeahh......many people dont have broadband right now,for many days,but NWE charge them full amount for it."Technical issue" our senior engineer working on it......
    If they cant do it,stop doing it,leave place for honest companies wich they now slowly growing and hopefully will take it over.
    The prices are extremely high for the quality of services they provided.....should at least 40% less.
    Court is not for solving NWE problems,only NWE can solve it.
    Court is for solving problems legally,citizens left on ice by NWE......
    I know,it is hard to understand,but this is reality...

Again what are you talking about???

Honest companies? Name one?

I know of two static wireless companies that operate in Donegal, NWE and Quinn Sat and both appear to have similar issues.

Then you have to pay line rental with any wired connecitons.
    Where do you get 40% less from or did you just make that up?

Court will not solve anything, are you nuts?? What exactly are you going to take them to court over? Judge will tell you if you don't like the service then cancel it that will be it, you are not going to be awarded anything.. This is not Erin Brockovich!

Also just out of a matter of interest have you ask NWE for a refund?
    Have you said "Hey guys my internet was down 3 days this month I want it reflected in the bill I pay"????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

''NWE are a small outfit a small company with teething issue.
    I will take a look at their turn over in ROI later''

they have 8000 customers paying at a minimum 25 a months. so turnover is somewhere above 2.4 million

dvd wrote: »
    ''NWE are a small outfit a small company with teething issue.
    I will take a look at their turn over in ROI later''

they have 8000 customers paying at a minimum 25 a months. so turnover is somewhere above 2.4 million

Where do you get the 8000 figure? And is that across the UK and ROI.

I only looked at their finanical report for the UK and it is 160K or 200K euro.

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/nwe-wireless-networks

That being said 8000 sounds about fair, Northern Ireland has much more options so their foot-print in the north is probably a lot less than say Donegal.

I remember when they installed the dish I think it was 100 euro install fee the guy telling me the quipment cost 1000 euro per dish and the dish always belongs to NWE.

Granted the overhead for the dish should be a one off but if the 1000 euro was accurate (which i doubt) then the overhead on just the equipment on 8000 users is 8 Million.

Small outfit usually means in reference to staff not customers.
    My local Chippy could have 20,000 customers a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KerrAvon

I remember when they installed the dish I think it was 100 euro install fee the guy telling me the quipment cost 1000 euro per dish and the dish always belongs to NWE.

They're using Ubiquiti Nanobeam M5-400 for customer installs now. They're about €70 buying one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

got it installed 2 weeks ago. engineer told me they had 8000 customers .also said it cost the company 300 euro per dish.
    happy enough with it, getting about 5mb down and 2mb up on average. sometimes its 20-25mb download. though i suppose when more people join this mast it will get worse.

KerrAvon wrote: »
    They're using Ubiquiti Nanobeam M5-400 for customer installs now. They're about €70 buying one at a time.

Funny I was looking for one, I have blown two due to lightning.

dvd wrote: »
    got it installed 2 weeks ago. engineer told me they had 8000 customers .also said it cost the company 300 euro per dish.
    happy enough with it, getting about 5mb down and 2mb up on average. sometimes its 20-25mb download. though i suppose when more people join this mast it will get worse.

Where abouts?

As always....another issue in North West Electronics,broadband is down,but we have to pay !!!!!!!!!! 7 times this month so far,yes keep the records it will help to get your money back one day.....

Good to have a friend with fibre optic.......shared connection is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pawddy

At this point, I've given up. Problems started around this time last year, it was my first time experiencing packet loss, and I've been with NWE for 4 years now. I got in contact with them in January earlier this year, and got the typical responses. I kept at it, always emailing, phoning, even called in once, and almost every conversation ended with 'This will be passed on to our senior engineer. He will get back to you within the next week'. He never got back to me. Around 7 months later, I gave up. They probably can fix it, but they won't, and I have no alternative. As someone has mentioned before, it's the choice of crappy broadband, or no broadband. I don't really have much hope that they will improve their service anytime soon, unless an organisation like Comreg gets involved.

Their service is unreliable. Customer support is awful. Avoid like the plague.

• Advertisement

pawddy wrote: »
    At this point, I've given up. Problems started around this time last year, it was my first time experiencing packet loss, and I've been with NWE for 4 years now. I got in contact with them in January earlier this year, and got the typical responses. I kept at it, always emailing, phoning, even called in once, and almost every conversation ended with 'This will be passed on to our senior engineer. He will get back to you within the next week'. He never got back to me. Around 7 months later, I gave up. They probably can fix it, but they won't, and I have no alternative. As someone has mentioned before, it's the choice of crappy broadband, or no broadband. I don't really have much hope that they will improve their service anytime soon, unless an organisation like Comreg gets involved.

Their service is unreliable. Customer support is awful. Avoid like the plague.

Damn right....
    It's 2 days passed now since broadband is down,5 time this month !
    I am in contacct with lawyer,he will find out for us what we can do thru court.
    When we get our moneys back,North West Electronics can be fined 500k (or more) to pay for moral damage to any charity,hospicium or homeless pointed by us.GREAT !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭fooker!

Nearly 2 weeks later and mine is still off, I hope I'm wrong but I have a funny feeling I wont see it back online till after the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

fooker! wrote: »
    Nearly 2 weeks later and mine is still off, I hope I'm wrong but I have a funny feeling I wont see it back online till after the new year!

:eek:

You've had no service in 2 weeks?

I would have stopped paying for this 'service' a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fuschiarose

My NEW eircom landline is not suitable for broadband!!!! What options are there that are any good in terms of broadband Or maybe the best of the worst. So far following the threads most alternatives out there seem to have more cons than pros. Does anyone have experience of Blue Box/ fixed wireless or satelitte other alternative providers in my area SW Donegal, west of Killybegs.

My NEW eircom landline is not suitable for broadband!!!! What options are there that are any good in terms of broadband Or maybe the best of the worst. So far following the threads most alternatives out there seem to have more cons than pros. Does anyone have experience of Blue Box/ fixed wireless or satelitte other alternative providers in my area SW Donegal, west of Killybegs.

What providers have you got available? BlueBox/NWE seem to be having a lot of issues recently. I've been a customer now for over 2 years. It was ok at the start, but I've been having problems for the past year which I have been mailing them to resolve but, as yet, nothing has been done. Poor speeds during peak hours, packet loss during peak hours etc. Although over the holidays I noticed loss even in the early hours of the morning when you would usually get a decent connection.

Damn right....
    It's 2 days passed now since broadband is down,5 time this month !
    I am in contacct with lawyer,he will find out for us what we can do thru court.
    When we get our moneys back,North West Electronics can be fined 500k (or more) to pay for moral damage to any charity,hospicium or homeless pointed by us.GREAT !!!!

Yeah good luck with that... What lawyer have you been speaking too?

Have you asked for a refund yet from NWE? What did they say?

Anyone else having quite a lot of issues tonight? Most of the evening pages take a while to load or won't load, etc.. Getting increased packet loss (10-20%), quite annoying, as if it wasn't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

chris_ie wrote: »
    Anyone else having quite a lot of issues tonight? Most of the evening pages take a while to load or won't load, etc.. Getting increased packet loss (10-20%), quite annoying, as if it wasn't already.

I gave up on mine yesterday after 3PM, used my 3G stick after that. Absolutely cyat service lately, if it wasn't for the unlimited bandwidth cap (for downloading linux distros and steam games at night) I'd have cancelled by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I download Linux isos during the day, or like yourself in the early hours. Peak time I don't even surf the web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Same crap today, contentions through the feckin roof these days altogether!
    Can't even load 360p YouTube videos because the packet loss screws the stream so badly. Browsing is only just holding up.
    4043853743.png
    Feels a lot worse than the speed test lets on.
    Three's down altogether so I'm stuck with it.

Advertisement