Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Portable Wii Project Help :D

• 21-11-2013 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello!

This post is for requesting help on a portable Nintendo Wii project my friend and I will be starting soon.

We have several questions,and would like some answers to make the best possible end project.

Question 1
    What is the best (and cheapest) LCD monitor under about 10 inches?

Question 2
    Will a Nintendo Wii operate without the disk drive (like literally unscrew it and take it out)?

Question 3
    I have no previous experience working with batteries of large charges; how would we implement a battery, and what would the voltage need to be to operate the Wii and LCD, and cost?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Dont forget the sensor bar so when you are the required distance away from the bar swinging your arms like a madman play the games it will be very hard to see a very small screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 theturtle000

A simple fix. Using inferred LEDs to simulate the sensor bar on top of the screen. Putting them closer together makes the ability to point at the screen closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Benheck did something like this before - a Wii Laptop. The article is over on Engadget here. Have fun and come back with updates :)

Mod: No such thing as a legal backup over here, lets refrain from mentioning such things

• Registered Users Posts: 3 theturtle000

Thanks Mod! Knew Benheck did something like this just couldn't find it.

Advertisement