Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pike fishing on kings river, blessington

• 28-06-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

:confused:Hi lads fished kings river on sat and brought pike rod and trout rod got two lovely wild brownys decent size and returned to water but ive heard kings river holds some big pike?? anybody know exactly where in kings river that there is big pike or any type of pike thanks lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

It just holds pike in the bay where it enters the resivior and I had my PB from that spot for about 10 years before I broke it.
    Some fine brownies above the lake alright but can be difficult to fish as it's a typical mountain stream... Full of boulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It just holds pike in the bay where it enters the resivior and I had my PB from that spot for about 10 years before I broke it.
    Some fine brownies above the lake alright but can be difficult to fish as it's a typical mountain stream... Full of boulders.
    we ended up in tat bay and it was extremely shallow and i got stuck in the mud for bout 20 mins where would be best place for decent pike in blesso? i used to fish the overflow (passed the village and past the garage) on the left all the time but in past year ive noticed huge decline in amount of pike there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Been a while since I fished it so I wouldn't really know.
    I drive up that way regulary and never seen the water level so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Been a while since I fished it so I wouldn't really know.
    I drive up that way regulary and never seen the water level so low.
    some parts are very low but we hit some deep pools and fast water wi using minnow and got results:)

Advertisement