Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

electric showers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The Shower Doctors

Hi there
    The T80 is a Mains fed shower, ie. fed from the same supply as your cold water tap at the kitchen sink. If the shower is too hot there is not enough water flowing through it.
    In this instance i would suspect poor water pressure at the shower.When you are turning the temperature up you are actually reducing the water going through the shower, but if there is insufficent pressure to force the water through the shower in the first place it is going to be hot at any setting. There also may be a blockage somewhere which would give the same symthom but in these instances it is usually pressure.
    Please note without actually looking at the shower we can only guess the most likely cause of the problem.
    Cheers
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Hi Guys, hoping someone can give me some bit of advice.... I have a Triton T80xr in my ensuite and about a week ago it stopped heating the water. Had someone out to look at it and he changed the stat and the element.
    Went home that night and straight away could see, it is heating but the temperature is boiling and even though im turning down the temp on the front, its still boiling. Turned it onto the coldest settings and that one just gives cold water so im getting either boiling or cold water. Before I get back someone back out, any ideas on it so.
    Also dont know if this is connected but the power switch when its on the light is obviously on and when its off there is no light. Now when I turn it off its still lighting... Dunno if its connected but said id say it just in case! So any help would be great, so i can get back onto your man and know what im talking about.

Thanks all :D

Can you take a picture of the shower and the switch that now stays on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Can you take a picture of the shower and the switch that now stays on.

At work at the moment so best i can do is get pic from internet...
    PRW201.jpg

hope that upload works??? anyway when its the orange light obviously is on but when i turn it off its still lighting... not as bright if that makes any sense but still lighting... I'm just wondering would something have been done when he was putting in the parts and all this is connected?
    Hi there
    The T80 is a Mains fed shower, ie. fed from the same supply as your cold water tap at the kitchen sink. If the shower is too hot there is not enough water flowing through it.
    In this instance i would suspect poor water pressure at the shower.When you are turning the temperature up you are actually reducing the water going through the shower, but if there is insufficent pressure to force the water through the shower in the first place it is going to be hot at any setting. There also may be a blockage somewhere which would give the same symthom but in these instances it is usually pressure.
    Please note without actually looking at the shower we can only guess the most likely cause of the problem.
    Cheers
    Steve

Thanks, is there anyway to check to shower to see if its low pressure? shower has a low pressure light on it but thats not coming on??

Thanks again for all the info, im pretty clueless when it comes to showers and I know I will have to prob get someone out again but at least if I know what I'm talking about thats half the battle!

Your switch problem has no bearing on your shower but i suggest you ask over in the electrical forum why the light is still on.

This should not be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭meercat

Your switch problem has no bearing on your shower but i suggest you ask over in the electrical forum why the light is still on.

This should not be the case.

agree
    think you may have a faulty isolating switch
    no harm to get it replaced
    make sure connections are really tight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iain2008

I have a mira vie shower and its either roasting hot or freezing cold. Does anyone know whats wrong with it or do i need a new shower?

iain2008 wrote: »
    I have a mira vie shower and its either roasting hot or freezing cold. Does anyone know whats wrong with it or do i need a new shower?

Its a mains fed shower so it points to a problem with your mains pressure. You will need to get a plumber to confirm this and if so you will need to change it to take a single impeller pump to boost the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 captainsparo

Hi guys, iv a triton shower and looks like the pump is gone. I have a 2nd hand shower to replace it with, would it be advisable to replace the pump or should i replace the shower? Really just interested in knowing is it an easier job to replace the pump as iv changed a shower before and dont like messing with the plumbing connections.

Hi guys, iv a triton shower and looks like the pump is gone. I have a 2nd hand shower to replace it with, would it be advisable to replace the pump or should i replace the shower? Really just interested in knowing is it an easier job to replace the pump as iv changed a shower before and dont like messing with the plumbing connections.

Changing a pump i would be more concerned with the electrical aspects. If the pump is there it is worth replacing by someone qualified. Outside that...Get a new shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Hi Guys - got a new shower and water pump installed less than a year ago - all had been fine until a day or two ago

The pump now cuts out after 20 seconds or so after the shower is turned on

The pump is still working fine for everything else - all taps in apartment, washing machine, toilet etc - its only for the shower that it cuts out

I removed the shower head and tried the shower - the water is clearly not coming out as it should be or was when it was installed first - even before the pump cuts out

This kind of suggests the problem is the shower as opposed to the pump does it?

Its Dublin city so do not think limescale is an issue

Any suggestions on what the problem is?

• Advertisement

Hi Guys - got a new shower and water pump installed less than a year ago - all had been fine until a day or two ago

The pump now cuts out after 20 seconds or so after the shower is turned on

The pump is still working fine for everything else - all taps in apartment, washing machine, toilet etc - its only for the shower that it cuts out

I removed the shower head and tried the shower - the water is clearly not coming out as it should be or was when it was installed first - even before the pump cuts out

This kind of suggests the problem is the shower as opposed to the pump does it?

Its Dublin city so do not think limescale is an issue

Any suggestions on what the problem is?

Is your shower an electric shower? If not your on the wrong thread and will need to start another.( Dont say well the pump is electric)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

hi guys looking for some help have a mira elite st shower and the clamp bracket for holding shower head in broken .. anybody know were i can get a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

afro man wrote: »
    hi guys looking for some help have a mira elite st shower and the clamp bracket for holding shower head in broken .. anybody know were i can get a replacement

eBay is your best bet

Ring mt agencies. they are the agents for the showers. They will tell you the best place to buy parts.

Ring mt agencies. they are the agents for the showers. They will tell you the best place to buy parts.

cheers Joey .. just sent them off an e-mail

cheers Joey .. just sent them off an e-mail

Sorry i am loosing it. Its not mt agencies its actually modern plant on the naas road. Again my apologies.

Sorry i am loosing it. Its not mt agencies its actually modern plant on the naas road. Again my apologies.

thanks for your help but i think i have found a supplier in limerick area heat merchants will call into them at weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Hi

I've moved into a new/old house and the Galaxy G2000 has packed in. Grinding, humming noise and black water leaking from it. The problem is that the tiling in the shower is around the unit. So I see my options as

1. Replace with same model, no extra tiling/plumbing/wiring needed. For the summer I'd fit a timer on the immersion. But is the model good?
    2. Replace with triton pumped electric shower I'd need probably tiling/electric/plumbing work done.

#1 is easier and cheaper.
    #2 probably better in the long term, but Im not ready now for a bathroom re-generation project.

Any thoughts?

Hi

I've moved into a new/old house and the Galaxy G2000 has packed in. Grinding, humming noise and black water leaking from it. The problem is that the tiling in the shower is around the unit. So I see my options as

1. Replace with same model, no extra tiling/plumbing/wiring needed. For the summer I'd fit a timer on the immersion. But is the model good?
    2. Replace with triton pumped electric shower I'd need probably tiling/electric/plumbing work done.

#1 is easier and cheaper.
    #2 probably better in the long term, but Im not ready now for a bathroom re-generation project.

Any thoughts?

The new galaxy might have a different template then the old.

At the end of the day do what your happy with but a third option would be to mount a sheet of the plastic tile wall onto the tiles then mount the shower on that. Or just try match the tiles. The shower is grand so It all depends on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Most plumbing suppliers that sell showers carry spare parts. Or can get parts fair quick for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The new galaxy might have a different template then the old.

At the end of the day do what your happy with but a third option would be to mount a sheet of the plastic tile wall onto the tiles then mount the shower on that. Or just try match the tiles. The shower is grand so It all depends on you.

Spot on, the new models have a different template. I found a place in cork that has the Galaxy1000 that seems to have the same template. I just need to figure out what the specs of the old galaxy 1000 are compared with my current galaxy2000

Spot on, the new models have a different template. I found a place in cork that has the Galaxy1000 that seems to have the same template. I just need to figure out what the specs of the old galaxy 1000 are compared with my current galaxy2000

http://www.galaxy-showers.com/electric-showers.html

You might need to ring them. I cant tell from looking at it the difference and its been a while since i handled one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi Guys

I guess we post all questions about showers on here?

Anyway please delete it wrong.

Have a Triton T90xr, put it in around 4-5 years ago. Never really worked right after about 3 years but kept running it. ANyway at the moment you have to turn it right up to max to get any sort of hot water out of it and then pressure is crap. So first question is it worth trying to fix?

Second question I was looking on Triton website and it mentions the T90Z and you can direct replace the T90xr. Is this correct?

Also am I better off going for the higher kW version? the 9.5kW? from what I can remember before I was told to go with higher kW as it is better on power?

Last one, can't find a lot of places stocking the T90Z, any idea's where to buy and who has best price? Thanks guys!!

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I guess we post all questions about showers on here?

Anyway please delete it wrong.

Have a Triton T90xr, put it in around 4-5 years ago. Never really worked right after about 3 years but kept running it. ANyway at the moment you have to turn it right up to max to get any sort of hot water out of it and then pressure is crap. So first question is it worth trying to fix?

Second question I was looking on Triton website and it mentions the T90Z and you can direct replace the T90xr. Is this correct?

Also am I better off going for the higher kW version? the 9.5kW? from what I can remember before I was told to go with higher kW as it is better on power?

Last one, can't find a lot of places stocking the T90Z, any idea's where to buy and who has best price? Thanks guys!!

Just clean out its internal filter. Its the likly problem.

Yes its correct on the version. Just newer models.

I would not go to a higher killowatt especially without consulting an electrician and tbh it does not make much of a difference.

Your best place for a T90 at the moment is woodies however they only do 8.5kw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi,can I ask what would be a good replacement for a Triton T90XR shower.My T90xr is fairly noisy and it is bugging me.

Im Looking for a quieter running shower,and also one that is effiecent,as in water usage friendly (looming water rates).

Thanks.:)

Just clean out its internal filter. Its the likly problem.

Yes its correct on the version. Just newer models.

I would not go to a higher killowatt especially without consulting an electrician and tbh it does not make much of a difference.

Your best place for a T90 at the moment is woodies however they only do 8.5kw

Cleaned out the filter, never knew about this, nothing much in filter, small bit of black material.

There is black soot inside the unit. Just on the cover inside, around where buttons are

Still have the same problem.

Is the T90xr a 8.5kW shower? I can't remember?

paddy147 wrote: »
    Hi,can I ask what would be a good replacement for a Triton T90XR shower.My T90xr is fairly noisy and it is bugging me.

Im Looking for a quieter running shower,and also one that is effiecent,as in water usage friendly (looming water rates).

Thanks.:)

There is no direct replacement pumped electric shower. Thats why they are sold so much. If you want to go quiter and efficent you will need to go power shower as it does not have to heat the water so makes it more efficient.
    Big Nelly wrote: »
    Cleaned out the filter, never knew about this, nothing much in filter, small bit of black material.

There is black soot inside the unit. Just on the cover inside, around where buttons are

Still have the same problem.

Is the T90xr a 8.5kW shower? I can't remember?

There is always residual soot as such but i am wondering if its the brushes. There is not much can go wrong on these units. Sometimes various capacitors etc will go but generally its just the filter or the pump. If its the pump its not worth replacing.

Have you checked the motor brushes.

There is no direct replacement pumped electric shower. Thats why they are sold so much. If you want to go quiter and efficent you will need to go power shower as it does not have to heat the water so makes it more efficient.

There is always residual soot as such but i am wondering if its the brushes. There is not much can go wrong on these units. Sometimes various capacitors etc will go but generally its just the filter or the pump. If its the pump its not worth replacing.

Have you checked the motor brushes.

No idea what the brushes are? easy way to look at them? of course pulling power to unit first

Hi Guys

Have decided to change the shower anyway. Is there anyway I can check my current shower to see what the power range is on it? is there a whole pile of difference? is the 8.5Kw harder on electricity?

Also anyone know, as I have Triton T90xr if I want to change to T90Z, there is a deal on slimline, if I get that one will I need to make a lot of changes to install?

• Advertisement

Advertisement