Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

@allen...what are the temps like @ 3.3 on the stock cooler?

I had my 920 @ 3.2 on the stock and it didn't like it at all for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Well when it goes up to 3.6GHz under load the temps are 60-70c, idle its 40-50. The voltage is 1.25 VCore and auto on the rest. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=486720

Yeah i do computer Science too aswell as game. I am repeating 3 modules from 1st year atm, so i have plenty of time on my hands.

Just to show off the finished product, which i forgot to post.
    100_0060-1.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

would you not move the case over to the left side of the table, so that the monitor is in line with your keyboard and mouse.

I'll post my PC 2moro, I'm in work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

bit of an update new case and water cooling on processor and one gfx card
    26554098.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Sweet! OCd the 920 further yet?? :D Seems criminal not to, with that WC :)

• Advertisement

only at 3.6 atm will try push it to 4ghz once i clean up the build mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

built this about a year ago....never really tidied up the cabling properly...it was my first watercooling build, so i might have overdone it on the tubing...seems to go round the world in places :o here she is anyways

Thermaltake Armor VA8000SWA
    XFX nForce 680i SLI
    corsair 620w psu
    E6600 2.4ghz @ 3.5ghz
    XFX GeForce 8800GTS 500M 640MB GDDR3
    4 gigs Corsair Dominator 1066 MHz
    63GB Mitron SSD
    3 X 1TB Spinpoints
    Fans - 4 X Noctua P12

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Rad is located in a slightly unorthodox place, inside the front grill....seems to work reasonably well though...

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

Dark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

looks good specially in the dark, I'm a sucker for lights though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

While I do have a computer that would be/was a good gaming rig, when I bought it. I run Linux and don't play many games though, although I have been playing back through GTA San Andreas in Wine lately :)

I Have:

Intel D975XBX Motherboard, which has gigabit, firewire, and a 2.93 Core 2 Duo processor.

512 Nvidia PCI Express 7900 GTX Video Card

400 gig hard drive

And of course two monitors, once you go double, you won't go back.

When I bought my case, I went off the picture, while completely failing to read the dimensions, so I have a humongous silver computer case, with annoying blue blinking fan light (never got around to changing it.)

tpotter wrote:
    although I have been playing back through GTA San Andreas in Wine lately

With THAT rig?! :eek: My C2D is OCd to a modest 3.33GHz and at 1280*1024 I'm CPU-bound under 40fps :o Only game that destroys my current rig :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

Solitaire wrote: »
    With THAT rig?! :eek: My C2D is OCd to a modest 3.33GHz and at 1280*1024 I'm CPU-bound under 40fps :o Only game that destroys my current rig :(

It actually runs fairly well. The only real problem I had so far was the mission by the ocean where you have to dance so you can steal the sound van. The combination of the water and all the people slowed it down to the point where I had to anticipate the lag. It took me > 10 tries to beat that mission.

Other than that, it slows down a little here and there, but it is more than playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Finished mine for the moment today, still waiting on another pump and a EK 150 Res and another 260GTX and blocks to arrive another week of waiting bah...

Front
    DSC_0394.jpg

Internals
    DSC_0384.jpg
    DSC_0396.jpg
    DSC_0398.jpg
    DSC_0400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

So this is my beast of a gaming PC built with a Antec 900 gaming case!

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0619.jpg

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/Dante12191/?action=view&current=DSCF0559.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

@MacDaddy - that thing is sexy looking beast man!

So here is my PC:

Processor: Intel 8400 OC'ed to 4.2ghz
    Motherboard: Asus P5E3 deluxe
    Graphics: 8800GT 512mb Oc'ed to 710mhz
    Sounds: X-fi xtreme gamer sound card w/ 5.1 logitech surround speakers
    Case: Antec 900 modified w/ lights and a LCD front panel display
    Memory: OCZ XTC Platinum DDR3 1600mhz 2GB (soon to be 4gb I hope)
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB (gonna add another 1TB F1 aswell)
    Power: OCZ game xtreme 700 watts
    K+M: Saitek eclipse 2 + MX revlution + belkin nostromo N52 gamepad
    Drives: 2 x LG burners
    CPU Cooler: Tuniq Tower 120 cooler (a big beast)
    Monitor: LG 22 inch! (a sexy beast) + Medion 20" for dual work!

It is a fairly decent gamer pc IMO and has a few cool mods like the front panel LCD screen and stuff. Plays Fallout at 1650 with all the bells and whistles cranked up at almost always 60fps and will play crysis at 1440 reso with everything on medium quality and gets an average 45fps which has me well pleased!

Heres a few pics:

05042009001.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

12102008.jpg

16022009.jpg

very nice mac daddy good to see you got it sorted

dual loop for mine within the next couple of weeks (pa120.3 for gfx cards pa120.2 for processor) will post pics when its done

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

That looks neat Mac Daddy, props on the efficient tubing

Another rad thrown into the bottom and another swifty pump, GFX block, two more lovely white fans, white lights need to take some night shots looks much better than the pic below.

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

kaimera wrote: »
    Antec 900 case
    corsair 620w psu
    intel i7-920 @ 3ghz
    gainward 4870 512mb
    4 gigs crucial ddr3 1066
    500gig WD sata
    250gig WD ide
    sony dvd-r
    g15
    mx518
    22" samsung.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kaimera/PCBuild

^^ will update this evening with pics of build.
    kaimera wrote:
    Added another 2 gigs of ram + a 750 wd sata drive today.

Also connected one of the front bay fans in the hdd chassis.

Bought 12Gb of ddr3-1333 (6*2gb) to replace the 6Gb of 1066 ddr3 today.

Are you going to replace the stock intel heatsink?

Mac daddy wrote: »
    Are you going to replace the stock intel heatsink?
    I intend to..just having gotten around to it actually as I need to pull out her guts to fit a new HSF but it'll let me sort out my cable management!

looking at this as linked from the i7-build thread below

[edit]
    Also I'm looking at flashing the 4870 bios'

The card is running a bit on the hot side

[edit*2]
    New RAM arrived yesterday.
    HSF should be here today.
    Have the newest MSI mobo bios.
    A new 4870 bios
    Updated OC-center software.

I'll post back with new pics etc.

Gonna try and see what the i7 can be pushed to with the new hsf. housemate wants 4.5 :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Messy :o

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

kaimera wrote: »
    I intend to..just having gotten around to it actually as I need to pull out her guts to fit a new HSF but it'll let me sort out my cable management!

looking at this as linked from the i7-build thread below

[edit]
    Also I'm looking at flashing the 4870 bios'

The card is running a bit on the hot side

[edit*2]
    New RAM arrived yesterday.
    HSF should be here today.
    Have the newest MSI mobo bios.
    A new 4870 bios
    Updated OC-center software.

I'll post back with new pics etc.

Gonna try and see what the i7 can be pushed to with the new hsf. housemate wants 4.5 :/
    mobo flash fail.

anyone with a MSI X58 Platinum but very careful flashing to bios v1.4 [which is no longer available on the website. **** sake :( 1 in 1000 chance and it would be me!]

http://tinyurl.com/cxmucv is more reports. Gonna try the workaround mentioned in the link there. Had no luck at all trying to recover over the weekend and no internets to look for help.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kaimera/PCBuild#

^^ pics of the new HSF and my pc back in pieces etc etc. New HSF just about clears my RAM slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anti wrote: »
    Bit of a mess. And its now got another 20" widscreen to go along with it.
    That's tidy compared to my desk :D

Case - Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5
    CPU - 12MB 64bit Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    Heatsink - TRUE 120
    RAM - 4GB Dominator PC2-8500
    GFX - 1GB HD4870 [Factory Overclocked]
    SATA2 HDDs - 250GB 320GB 500GB 1TB 1TB
    Audio - Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional, 64MB
    Joystick - Saitek x52
    Headphones - Sennheiser SK Gaming
    Mouse - Razer Deathadder
    DVDRW - I forget. Will check when I get back home. Will be replacing it, though, due to a bent/loose IDE pin, it's not always seen by the PC, but a reboot would solve this. Will probably just get a cheap SATA DVDRW, or wait until a blu-ray writer comes down in price...

CPU runs at about 50 degrees idle, 54 degrees after running GTA4 for 2 or so hours. There's an "air cushion" between the TRUE120 and the back fan, so I think it's a case (no pun intended) of not enough air getting sucked out. A 1400RPM fan is on it's way out, to replace the back fan, so that should solve the heat problem. Will post up pictures when I've got it fitted. The fan next to my TRUE120 is either 1200, 1400, or 1600 RPM. Once it wasn't the 1600RPM fan, I should be ok.

Apart from the fans on top of the memory making noise on boot up, it's nice and quite.

Will post up pictures later

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I might as well get a place holder in here for when I steal my girlfriends camera and FINALLY get some pictures of my new computer. Quite proud of myself, I managed to put together my first computer which booted up first go! :eek: Then OCed it :cool: And finally got my new GPU yesterday :pac:

Case: Coolermaster 590 Centurion+ 1 extra Front fan(120mm Akasa)
    MoBo: Asus P5Q Pro P45 yada yada
    CPU: Core2Duo E6700 @ 3.3Ghz
    CPU Cooler: AlpenFohn Gross Clock'ner CPU Kúhler Amd/Intel Blue Ed.
    RAM- OCZ ReaperX PC2-8000 1000Mhz 2x2GB
    Storage: 1 500GB WD & 1 320GB WD- Both 7kRPM
    GPU: Sapphire 4850x2 1GB @670Mhz
    Screen: 19" Dell :cool:
    Mouse/Keyboard: Dell:cool:

As funny as my cpu cooler sounds it does a bang on job. My CPU at stock speeds was idling at 20, and now OCed it idles at 25 and doesn't break 50 under load! I'll get some pics eventually but ever since I got the GPU installed and running I've been meaning to take my case off the table and put it down on the floor. It's just so loud..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My 'new' build isn't overly impressive compared to most, and is actually less powerful then some of the machines I've owned previously, but this is high quality gaming on a budget - and money has been really bad for me lately. All I've left to choose is a mobo (750i?)

Thermaltake Armour
    E8600
    4Gb Patriot 800mhz
    Dual 8800GTS 640MB 112SP Edition
    500GB HD
    700w Jeantech Storm

The good news is that its costing me 280-300 overall for the parts that I didn't already own (Armour, 500GB, 1 of the 8800GTS, and motherboard all in above budget) which is pretty good, should be able to handle anything bar Crysis and crappy ports at 1920x1200 at high settings.

Swapped out my tubing yesterday and installed new pump and res went for a double loop.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mac Daddy, I like what you did with my case! Looks really good. I'll post up pics of my PC as soon as I get my mobo back from RMA. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thermaltake Armour
    E8600 with arctic freezer pro
    Asus p5d-5 750i
    4Gb Patriot 800mhz
    Dual 8800GTS 640MB 112SP Edition
    500GB HD
    700w Jeantech Storm

ready to be assembled tomorrow morning, damn you all for raising the bar so ridicolusly high with your amazing pimp machines. had to go out and buy some leds and cathodes just to fit in :mad: :D

had to go out and buy some leds and cathodes just to fit in

Now you know exactly why I don't post pics here :p

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Mac Daddy, I like what you did with my case! Looks really good. I'll post up pics of my PC as soon as I get my mobo back from RMA. :(

Remember those bloody police in the unmarked car that night lol :D

Having great fun with this case mate ripped everything apart so far and rebuilt it about three times so far never happy :) cut a side window into it, I have a load of car repair mesh that is waiting to be used next, resprayed the insides all black.

Post up a couple of pics when have them, if I remember correct you went for a P180?
    It's just so loud..

Are you using the stock fans or did you buy some new ones?
    I would suggest you look into gettting some decent fans and a fan controller.

If browsing and posting I have mine all running at 7v when gaming ( I never game without my headphones ) crank them back up to 12v and load up my OC profile.

I have 2 x 80mm 1600rpm sharkoon white fans at the rear pulling the warm air.
    2 x 120mm 1600 sharkoon white fans in the top again pulling warm air from the case.
    6 x 120mm 1600 Sythe fans four on the feser 480 Rad and 2 on my 240 Rad.

The only noise in my case is from the power supply everything else is silent.

Advertisement