Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is DART any good/reliable? Rathdrum (Wicklow) to Dublin at 8-9am?

Options
  • 28-08-2015 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

I am thinking of getting an apartment in Wicklow or Kildare and want to know are the trains reliable at all for travelling to TCD every morning.

Renting in Dublin is too expensive/hectic and I would like the quiet life of just outside Dublin.

there's apartment which are near rail stations or buseireann coaches, I just want to know is the DART reliable transport in the morning time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The DART doesn't run south of Greystones, and in fact most DART services stop at Bray.

If you go to, say, Rathdrum, you are in inter-city land. There's a weekday train to Dublin at 6:26 (arrives Connolly 7:46), another at 7:18 (arrives 8:47) and then none until 8:53 (arrives 10:15). I don't know how reliable they are; you'd need to ask a local.

If you settle in Greystones, then you're better off. On weekdays, between 6:00 am and 8:00 am there are seven trains leaving Greystones for Dublin. Journey time is about 55 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Also bear in mind that the fares increase substantially once you go outside the "Short Hop" zone
    http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    I am thinking of getting an apartment in Wicklow or Kildare and want to know are the trains reliable at all for travelling to TCD every morning.

Renting in Dublin is too expensive/hectic and I would like the quiet life of just outside Dublin.

there's apartment which are near rail stations or buseireann coaches, I just want to know is the DART reliable transport in the morning time?

www.irishrail.ie will tell you a lot about times of trains from Wicklow, Kildare and quite a few other places. See if the times suit your particular commute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

What about somewhere in the North County like Skerries, Rush or Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

• Advertisement
Advertisement