Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Really liking the show. The only downside is the music set list seems to generic top 30 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Jay is really starting to come out of his shell and is growing in confidence, he always held back with KC as he seemed like he was afraid to try anything new or act confident because KC was actually his boss as PD.

I'm guessing 96fm will be clever and start KC next week to catch the Foley listeners running like scalded cats from Colm O'Sullivan in the hope they'll like what they hear and stick around.

If they don't then he'll never catch up but the gardening leave might still be in operation so they might not be able to start him.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Finally the podcast is up on iTunes! Lads are developing a good on-air relationship!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Ray And Jay's Podcast?

It's been on ITunes since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Really sounding great atm . Don't think KC on 96 will be a threat whenever he starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭xabi

Is it possible to get a podcast of the breakfast show from last February?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

vince wrote: »
    Really sounding greattach. Don't think KC on 96 will be a threat whenever he starts

As long as they keep doing the show from the same studios it should be fine... can sound very forced when Rays in Dublin and Jays in Cork and Ray is stalling for time waiting on Jay to cue a bed or a caller or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As long as they keep doing the show from the same studios it should be fine... can sound very forced when Rays in Dublin and Jays in Cork and Ray is stalling for time waiting on Jay to cue a bed or a caller or something

Has that happened? Thought Ray was living down there midweek now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Synode wrote: »

Similar to how Hector is in Galway most of the week and Dublin on Sunday to do his Today FM show. It's been done before and can be done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I know it can be done but as far as I was aware Ray has been doing the show from Cork. Though I haven't listened at all this week yet

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »

Happens every Friday and sometimes mid-week like this week where he went back to Dublin to do the 6 o clock show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭statto25

Thats a surprise as they have spoken about Ray leaving on a Friday to be back in Dublin for the 6 o'clock Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

I've been a big fan of Foley since the blast and even though i dont and have never lived in Cork, I listen online everyday.
    The show is hillarious and has me in stitches all the time.
    Glad hes back!

I was catching up on a couple of show podcasts I missed last week and jaysus was in absolute stitches at Fiona and the horn stuff from Thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Grady Boyd

Looks like the 6 o clock show is to be axed so foley was lucky to get the job in cork

Grady Boyd wrote: »
    Looks like the 6 o clock show is to be axed so foley was lucky to get the job in cork

Thought it was Xposé that was being axed?

Grady Boyd wrote: »

Where'd ya see that?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where'd ya see that?

It's an unfounded rumour that Goss.ie have started.

The Secret Sound...ffs. The bad side of two breakfast shows competing in one city is trying to outdo each other with competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

IUA14 wrote: »
    The Secret Sound...ffs. The bad side of two breakfast shows competing in one city is trying to outdo each other with competitions.

In fairness you're right that it's a stale idea but the piss take around it was very funny. You could tell they loved taking the mick out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just me or have Red removed the podcasts feature from the Android app?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Are there no podcasts this week? I haven't had anything download to Overcast since the show on 17th.

Are there no podcasts this week? I haven't had anything download to Overcast since the show on 17th.

Jay is off all week sick so that might have something to do with it

No podcasts on downcast at sky this week

Seems the lads are doing some vidcasts this week on their road trip. They are posted to the Red FM Facebook page!

Ray, Jay...and JP?! Maybe a special guest appearance tomorrow morning?

https://twitter.com/rayfoleyshow/status/890340788525305856

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No podcast this week? Monday's show hasn't gone up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Loughc wrote: »
    No podcast this week? Monday's show hasn't gone up yet?

Ray is on his own again (Jay has pneumonia), so that's probably the reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jay's back and so are the podcasts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The lads are in great form these days. Enjoying Ray taking the mick out of his Secret Sound, saying it's the most original idea on radio.

This morning he was saying he had put in a patent for it :D A listener texted saying they had heard a similar slot on a South African radio station. Ray rang the station asking to play the secret sound game. They didn't have a clue what he was talking about and said "What is the secret sound?".

Exactly! says Ray, that's what everyone in is wondering! :D

• Advertisement

_feedback_ wrote: »
    The lads are in great form these days. Enjoying Ray taking the mick out of his Secret Sound, saying it's the most original idea on radio.

This morning he was saying he had put in a patent for it :D A listener texted saying they had heard a similar slot on a South African radio station. Ray rang the station asking to play the secret sound game. They didn't have a clue what he was talking about and said "What is the secret sound?".

Exactly! says Ray, that's what everyone in is wondering! :D

That's typical Foley! Was in bits laughing at it aswell! Him and jay have brilliant last few weeks and it's no coincidence imo they've improved a lot since his family moved down here.

Advertisement