Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

in the Flesh, season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

cool, wasn't even aware of season one. Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Its well worth a look, a very interseting take on the genre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

enjoyed the first season, didnt even know they were going ahead with a second, class :)

Well, that was an interestng opener, bit of a slow start, but they have six episodes for the arc this season, I do hope it findsits feet soon, overall I liked it.

some character development was more solid than others, I like the PTSD direction they are taking with Jem and the blue oblivion 'terrorists'

but Amy's storyline seemed a bit shallow, and Gaz and the minister are a bit to cliched for an otherwise well developed world

anyone else watch it?

i keep meaning to watch it, but i also keep forgetting :/

i'll get around to it this weekend hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Can Season 1 be found anywhere. Tried on BBC player but it won't allow me in as I have an ISP outside the UK?

Anyone know where else it can be found?

There's a season 2? Amazing!

There's a moment in the 1st, which still sticks with me -
    it is the father talking about when he came across his son's body.

cabledude wrote: »
    Can Season 1 be found anywhere. Tried on BBC player but it won't allow me in as I have an ISP outside the UK?

Anyone know where else it can be found?

If you're asking for somewhere to download/stream it illegally, don't.

I watched it on tv, but you might be able to pick it up cheap on DVD or rent it from Xtravision or something.

Well, season 2 definitley found its feet in ep 4, I am now genuinley intrigued by the plot, up to now it was Good, but last nights episode pushed it up a notch.

That extra time to develop characters is really paying off

just getting back into now, watched the first 2 episodes, it's a bit slow but i'm enjoying it

• Advertisement

Yeah 1and 2 are fairly much exposition episodes, 3 puts the pedal to the metal and the turbo finally spools up about half way through 4 with the first Real twist in the plot. Like I said I thought it was plodding along predictably and then wham, blindsider, wtf is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

never even heard of this...just checked season 1 is not on iplayer

it's not no, shame really, i'd liked to have watched it there myself, making time for tv is a pain in the hole sometimes

here's the site for it though http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b042ckss

Sky+ is a fantastic thing.

That said tho you do have to be aware of the initial screening.

I was hoping someone else had seen this as I really wanted to discuss the ending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have to say i am way impressed with this and so is the missus. when i heard the premise, i was thinking 'oh s&^%, it going to be one of those' but i have to eat my words...very well acted, good characters, very original story, great twists..thanks for the posting on this and for the heads up...much appreciated..

i have to say i am way impressed with this and so is the missus. when i heard the premise, i was thinking 'oh s&^%, it going to be one of those' but i have to eat my words...very well acted, good characters, very original story, great twists..thanks for the posting on this and for the heads up...much appreciated..
    Have you finished the series?

as for the ending, have you seen the movie warm bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

+1 for can't believe I didn't know about this, TU

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gyladene

Does anyone know if this show is coming back for the third round? It's excellent, so I certainly hope so.

Advertisement