Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Wing126 wrote: »

That'd be awesome! Metal gear on the PSP was sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The FOX engine was designed to run on multiple platforms. Given Kojima's interest in the Vita, I can certainly see a port being made.

From the article though, the one point I give the most credence to is actually the Metal Gear Solid V[ita] argument. The MGS games have not used roman numerals. However, this would imply that the Phantom Pain is a Vita exclusive and I don't think that's the case.

Peace Walker was one of, if not the best game on PSP. Would love to see Kojima show the Vita some love.

That's actually the only point of that article that I don't agree with, it's a bit of a stretch.
    The graphics definitely line up with a vita game though.

That's actually the only point of that article that I don't agree with, it's a bit of a stretch.

Why change to V though?

9d78i2st.gif
    The graphics definitely line up with a vita game though.

The graphics do look poor in comparison to the original Ground Zeroes video. I guess we have to wait until E3 2013 to find out the rest.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Why change to V though?
    9d78i2st.gif
    I don't know, it does seem like a Kojima thing to do though, but I just think it's a little bit of a stretch.
    The graphics do look poor in comparison to the original Ground Zeroes video. I guess we have to wait until E3 2013 to find out the rest.

I heard a rumour there was something coming today, but there's that many fake twitter/fb accounts and sites that nobody knows if it's real or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Vita doesn't figure at all in the Boards.ie GOTY awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The Vita doesn't figure at all in the Boards.ie GOTY awards.

How do you know? All the categories haven't been put up yet. The Vita's actually mentioned in the post in the Games forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hi all,
    Just to say I got my PS Vita in the post the other and apart from a minor hiccup with the AC Adaptor not working (Rang up Sony Ireland and they are sending one out by overnight courier - hurray!) I have everything set up on it now. I'd just like to thank everyone on here for their help. I got a 16GB card, have a 3 month subscription bought and I'm currently downloading Gravity Rush and Uncharted. Can't wait to get stuck in. Also it came with Little Big Planet so plenty to keep me occupied over the Christmas. Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Holy crap cards are expensive!
    Sorry just getting over shock *deep breath*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Apparently bioshock vita is in development limbo. Doubt we'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

phill106 wrote: »
    Holy crap cards are expensive!
    Sorry just getting over shock *deep breath*

They are if you plan on buying retail games too. With me i don't mind paying for a memory card as ill be getting 90% of my Vita Content free off PS+ so it works out i reckon.

Actually while we're on the subject, can you use 2 memory cards on the vita? I have a 4 gig card now but am going to buy a 16 gig in a few days. Vita has no issues using and swapping between both?

cloud493 wrote: »

Link?

BioShock Vita development is up to Take-Two and Sony, says Levine

A BioShock title for Vita is something Irrational’s Ken Levine is interested in developing, but he’s told Eurogamer the decision to create the game for the handheld is up to Sony and Take-Two.

Levine said he has “cool design” ideas for BioShock Vita, but he needs the go-ahead from “the business people” before getting to work.

“Where the Vita stands right now, it’s in the hands of the business people at Take-Two and the business people at Sony working out, hey, what happens in these business people discussions? Fortunately I don’t have to take part in it any more because I sold my company a long time ago,” he said.

“It’s something I’m still very interested in. I still have a cool design for it. It’s a question of, do those guys come to find the right mix that makes everybody happy to make that happen?”

Don’t be hoping for a port of Infinite though, at least not yet, because it may be something entirely different altogether.

“I’ve never said it was Infinite,” said Levine. “It will be something. I’m always hesitant to talk too much about things we don’t have anything to show because it’s getting ahead of ourselves.

“I’m trying to be very careful.”

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/07/bioshock-vita-development-is-up-to-take-two-and-sony-says-levine/

I think if Infinite sells well on the PS3, the likelihood of a Vita game will increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Doubt infinite sales specifically on the PS3 will change anything. Seems to me that Take Two may want Sony to at least help fund it. Cause I doubt it'd be worth the cost of making it if they fear it won't sell enough copies.

I'd argue unless the vita itself generally picks up, they might think the cost of development will end up outweighing sales. So I dunno, its doubtful really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

just picked up a cheapo unit on amazon.de with lbp for e166 and wondering what is the accesory best kit to get, the regular or the travel one and would a single 32gb card suffice for games and a few movies, i'm a ps plus subscriber, thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

To anyone buying a PS Vita soon, I got an email from Sony, with an offer of a free 8GB memory card.
    Take this email to participating stores to buy a PS Vita system and get a free 8GB memory card worth €34.99* RRP.

I also have one for anyone in America for the same thing.
    Take this email to participating EB Games stores to buy a PS Vita system and get a free 8GB memory card worth $44.95* RRP.

PM me your email address and which one you want.

Offer expires midnight 24/12/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know anything about the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Turtle Beach Ear Force Earbuds. I found the cod ones cheaper than the regular ones, play to use on Phone and Vita. Not a big turtle beach fan but there include a mic with a 4 pole 3.5mm jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I was looking in Sligo for PSASBR the other day. HMV had it for 40, but I was told in GameStop it's €55. Not sure if they logged it wrong as the PS3 version, or he was really saying €35, but if it's really 55 there, wow :eek:.

I was going to buy it in HMV but didn't (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wetai wrote: »
    I was looking in Sligo for PSASBR the other day. HMV had it for 40, but I was told in GameStop it's €55. Not sure if they logged it wrong as the PS3 version, or he was really saying €35, but if it's really 55 there, wow :eek:.

I was going to buy it in HMV but didn't (yet).

GAME.co.uk have the vita version on sale for £17.99 + £2 for postage, works out at around €23 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So anywhere that sells the memory cards a bit cheaper than the norm?

Looking forward to my vita! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So lads. Anything to look forward on vita now? Sort of no "must have" games lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

So lads. Anything to look forward on vita now? Sort of no "must have" games lately.

Persona 4
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Killzone:Mercenaries
    Tearaway
    Soul Sacrifice

That's just off the top of my head.

Can't wait for killzone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EJ22 wrote: »
    Persona 4
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Killzone:Mercenaries
    Tearaway
    Soul Sacrifice

That's just off the top of my head.

will perosna 4 will be avelable in EU? i neverp layed persona games, but i was told it was a good one.

i am not very optimistic about killzone. after such rubbish like ressistance and cod :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

will perosna 4 will be avelable in EU? i neverp layed persona games, but i was told it was a good one.

22nd February

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

i am not very optimistic about killzone. after such rubbish like ressistance and cod :(

Guerrilla Games are developing this themselves though, so it should be better than the Nihilistics offerings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else playing persona 4 ? Started it yesterday,its taking a while to get going

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement