Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HUGE Americans!!!

Options
  • 19-02-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

As the title may come across Im not posting about obese Americans, but the that so many Americans look so much older than Irish, for example a few of my friends and me went out drinking we are all in are late teens early twenties and we came across a few american chicks that had gotten into the nightclub turns out they are all like sixteen seventeen but look twenty, a few of my friends who have been over to the states say the same about guys and women over there they look way older then their age. Also the guys in general seem to be way taller, its not like we are malnourished or anything here in Ireland.

I think its got to be growth hormones in their food what do ye think???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

pauly d is like 29...the guy looks about 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

all the angel dust and artificial hormones in their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

partyndbs wrote: »
    pauly d is like 29...the guy looks about 20

ya but that chemicals lol gotta be the same for them looking so old when they are young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

When I first went to America ( I was around 21 ) I couldn't believe how fat passers-by where. I would say they were fat beyond their years, rather than old, though. God almighty they bloody stuff themselves... one of their "single portions" would likely feed a famiy here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

When I first went to America ( I was around 21 ) I couldn't believe how fat passers-by where. I would say they were fat beyond their years, rather than old, though. God almighty they bloody stuff themselves... one of their "single portions" would likely feed a famiy here :eek:
    In fairness we're not far behind and they're about ten years ahead of us when it comes to healthy lifestyles. Ourselves and the Brits are the fatties of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Their taller because of better genes(us Irish have been swimming about in the same shallow gene pool for eternity*......and some of them are fatter because they eat a langerload of really bad food

Hope this helps:)

*more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    In fairness we're not far behind and they're about ten years ahead of us when it comes to healthy lifestyles. Ourselves and the Brits are the fatties of Europe.

this is true we are 2nd fattest nation britain being the fattest, in our patch of the world(this means the north or Ireland is fatter than the south for true)

as in america fast food is the biggest culprit, plus the choice of food from supermarkets, the fact we have more money to spend on junk,

steroids in the meat in the burgers in the different outlets in the states is 1 of the contributing factors to the tall people, big boned.
    Not saying there is now but at one time there was,

the Irish are lazy, the delivery business is big in Ireland, for fast food and grocery shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, you think so? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I think harsh climates can have an effect. You can often see the difference in the skin of a person who lives in a country with sub-zero or a 30C + climate. It can be more weathered than in countries with a moderate climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Just go to the website People of Walmart to see real Americans in all their beauty! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

lcrcboy wrote: »
    Also the guys in general seem to be way taller, its not like we are malnourished or anything here in Ireland.

the average male height in the states is about the same as here 5'9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Haha yeah:)...... Remember watching the footage of people being evacuated into the Superdome when Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans. I should have been thinking about 'those poor people', but all I could think was 'look at those fat bastards':o

They were huuge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

TBH, only the blacks really look about 4+ years older than their actual age. The whites over there are just fat and that adds a year or two. Of course you've got people that stick on more makeup (blokes included) than Barbie and can pass for about 3 years older.

Advertisement