Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

• 16-02-2007 2:13am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

After last weeks release of Super Mario World i thought this week is going to have to pull out some stops to top that.

We get R-Type III: The 3rd Lightning (later than the US but still :) )
    New Adventure Island (I honestly don't know, played the first one which wasn't great)
    Kirby's Adventure (It's no Dreamland but still a great play)
    Excitebike (Ramping up interest for Excitetruck?)

The US may have got Kid Icarus but i think we got some good deals too.

Can't choose between R-Type and Kirby's ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Meh... I wanted SNES Zelda.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

TmB wrote:
    Meh... I wanted SNES Zelda.....
    Well Wiki have both the Zelda you're looking for and Street's of Rage set for Q1 2007 so it's only a matter of Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Must get online and get Kirby and SMW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd get R-type. Kirby hasn't aged too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Kirby is a lejbox!

the first and only Gameboy game I ever bought!

Now I have Kirby Canvas Ad on the DS, also class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Jesus, bring out mega man and turtles already.

DRakE wrote:
    turtles already.
    Turtles in Time or Tournament Figters?

Also... too many Megaman games to choose from, 4... no, 2. I can't decide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rhyme wrote:
    Turtles in Time or Tournament Figters?

Also... too many Megaman games to choose from, 4... no, 2. I can't decide.

Not sure if they will bring out megaman since the anniversary collections are quite recent. Megaman 2 and 3 FTW!
    Kirby is a lejbox!

the first and only Gameboy game I ever bought!

Yep Dreamland was brilliant. Much better than kirbys adventure on the VC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Problem so far with VC is I have most of the damn things already, I bought Donkey Kong and ToeJam and Earl so far and nothing else aside from perhaps Kirby appeals as yet, and the only reason that is in there is because I have it on the NES and that machine is on the fritz. Hmm, where are the decent N64 titles? Where can I get a listing of upcoming titles?

The next scheduled N64 title is Ocarina of Time for 1200 points.

I'll be abstaining both for the points and the fact that i have it for the Gamecube already (Wind Waker bonus disc).

Roll on Turok 2.

• Advertisement

I really want Lylat wars. Nobody wants to sell me an N64 copy :(

It seems Super R-type has been rated so will be appearing on the VC in Europe unfortunately. It's a really tough game (frustratingly so) since there are no check points during the levels, I'd go so far as to say it's ruined by this. It's a bastardisation of R-type 2 by the way. It's a shame because it lessens the chances of the excellent TG-16 version of R-type 2 appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Why is Ocarina of Time going to be 1200 points? Aren't all N64 games 1000 pts? I really hope that was a type on your part and not Nintendo upping the price for games they know people will definitely get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

rock and roll racing
    thats bound to end up on it

chrislad wrote:
    Why is Ocarina of Time going to be 1200 points? Aren't all N64 games 1000 pts? I really hope that was a type on your part and not Nintendo upping the price for games they know people will definitely get.

Surely it's not Nintendo upping the price to be money grabbing bastards? You can get Zelda for about 3 euro on ebay. It's just nintendo cashing in on it's popularity. Charging 12 euro for a game nintendo gave away free with windwaker not so long ago.

Also: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157312

So America are picking up our old games. That leaves my predictions for Friday at 'Kid Icarus', 'Streets of Rage', 'The Legend of Kage' and perhaps something else...

Link to the past?

EDIT: Streets of Rage emot-dance.gif

It was mentioned on Eurogamer that legend og kage is the 9th worse NES game ever according to Seanbaby.

23rd February releases (as of 00:02):

Kid Icarus: NES, 500 pts
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: N64, 1,000 pts

Huh? Where's my Streets of Rage?

Then again Zelda is only 1,000 points... which would appeal to me if i didn't already have the Master Quest thing. Two fantastic additions by all means and both worth downloading if you have the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bit disappointed Ocarina of Time came out before Link to the Past, but who cares getting it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Meh, already have Ocarina of Time... three copies in fact! The OOT/Master quest disk came with Wind Waker, the OOT on the LoZ collectors edition disk, and the original cartridge...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If you want to give/sell any of those zelda copies! I'd be intersted so long as they're for gamecube/wii that is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Thought i'd be happy to see OTT released but since i already have it twice, there's not much point in getting it again. I'd rather link to the past or majora's mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Ocarina of Time should be bought by anyone who never played it
    Best game ever

I'm still waiting for Link To The Past

As of 23:58 1st of March.

Streets of Rage - One of my all time favourites and a great 'badass early 90's game'.
    Bio-hazard Battle - Nope, not Resident Evil. There are better shooters out there that have less space squid.
    Chew Man Fu - 1up seems to like it, i'm pretty picky with my puzzle games though.
    Sword of Vermillion - I've never played it but these guys seem to have got it down http://www.deeko.com/retro.asp?id=129

Excellent.... Loved SoR.

SoR has aged badly. Would prefer SoR 2 and 3.

Sword of Vermillion is a great if you like your old school RPGs. Doubt be expecting an epic story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

ive heard sor plays bad on the wii
    very slow in gameplay and sound
    anyone notice this?

1huge1 wrote:
    ive heard sor plays bad on the wii
    very slow in gameplay and sound
    anyone notice this?

Its just the PAL version. Much slower with slowed down music.

SoR has a bug in it that prevents it being finished properly in 2 player mode. Got to Round 8 with a friend of mine today, and near the end (before Mr. X), the game just ended with the good ending. Very f**king sloppy, Nintendo.... they could have at least play tested it for an hour to ensure that it worked OK.

I checked the message boards on GameFAQs and the same has happened to other people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The awful thing is that I feckin own everything worth buying on the VC, this leaves me with a very bare front end to my Wii, but nice to see more folk can see the glory that is Biohazard Battle, that game rocks.
    But seriously, how many copies of Zelda OoT does one person need? I've one for my N64, the one that came with the Wind Waker and the one that came on the Zelda collectors disk, both of those can play fine on the Wii via the GC disks, so why am I drawn to buying it again? Is it the fact it'd be instantly available to play? I don't know and my resistance is failing!

• Advertisement

Never really thought much of biohazard battle. Might give it another chance but with the stupidly good R-type 1 and 3 and Soldier Blade it's a bit obsolete.

Anyone else delighted that the Wii is turning into heaven for shmup fans. The TG16 has more brilliant shmups than any other console so looking forward to some more classics. Bring Lords of Thunder and Gates of Thunder!

Advertisement