Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im getting a princess for Christmas

• 13-08-2010 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

So 20 week is done and dusted and all is well thankfully. We decided to find out the sex of the baby and we've got a little girl on our hands!

We're both over the moon! As I suppose Dads do, I had been mentally preparing the route for the baby to international rugby stardom and wondering where I could put goalposts in the garden. It felt like a surprise to hear it was a girl, but Im so delighted. I shall guard her from all boys until one with loads of money and excellent moral standards arrives. :p

So the journey continues! I hadnt put a lot of thought into the girly end of it but I'd love to hear how first time Dads got on with the new woman in their life. Of course all the girls around us immediately started chatting on how to dress her and and informing me that I will need to learn how to untangle hair knots. Its a million miles away from my world :)

So excited, yet feel so completely unprepared to deal with a little woman in the house! Busy times ahead :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

This time last year we were being told that we were getting a little lady for Xmas too!

First things first, its a womans perogative to be late and a newborn little girl is no exception! Our little lady arrived 8 days late!

Of course I love having a little girl, but so does my husband. He says that he couldn't imagine having a little boy! He's great at dressing her and probably picks nicer little dresses than I do!

I think Megan is getting to the age now where she knows that mammy is the business end of things and daddy is the more playful one! (even tho I spend as much and maybe even more time playing with her!) She always looks so happy to see her daddy after spending too long with me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Congatulations. I was only allowed to have a girl as her Daddy was afraid of having a teenage son someday :rolleyes:. His sister was very well behaved you see :) We would have been delighted with what we got but like you we deliberatly found out the sex asap. Had the name picked out quickly too and had an elective section. Guess I hate surprises :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

I had a son first and then 3 years later a little girl,girls are so different to boys in so many ways,the girls learn so fast how to wrap daddy around there little fingers and now my daughter is 3 she is a master of melting her daddys heart.
    PS. congrats trotter.
    you wont know whats hit you:-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)
    We didn't find out the babys sex last time but probably will this time:)
    My oh wanted a little girl and got his little daddys girl on new years day.
    She is 19 months now and knows daddy and granddads are for fun and under her control! and mammy and grannies are for food and nappies and when she is sick she is mammys girl.
    Her best friend is her puppy and they get up to all sorts of mischief together.
    This time next year you will not remember life with out her and you probably won't want to either:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Spinach

Eh, don't rule out the rugby career just because it's a girl ;)

I have hung my own rugby team pics in my baby girl's room to give her something nice and colourful to look at from her cot (when she arrives... 6 days late so far). I only gave up playing when I got pregnant and there were mothers on my team who had gone back afterwards, too!

Don't get me wrong, it's great when daddies get good at braiding hair and picking pretty dresses, but please don't give your little girls the impression sport is something for boys - it can be a great bonding thing between dads and girls too! Never too early to start working on hand-eye coordination...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congrats :D the stork is making a visit to us in a Santy suit aswel :p

We don't know what we're having yet, but we're both nearly sure we saw a little willie on the scan though :D;) but we're open to correction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

And so we have reached a new level of preparation. The buggy shopping.
    Who'd have known there was so many bits and pieces and attachments and seats and levers and hydraulics!! Its as if some of the ferrari mechanics are now making buggies.

Gonna go with a snazzy 3 wheeler with a few clip on options.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is like shopping for a new car!

I found going out around the shops,stopping other parents on the street and test driving every buggy you can works well.
    Then go online and price them all,there will be huge variations in price for the same thing.
    I love kiddicare.com mostly because when I had #1 they were way way cheaper then anywhere here.
    E-bay is great too.

Latest update... She kicked a lot during X Factor. I hope it was in disgust..

Its just a little peak at the way things are going to be in my house. I can see my grip on the TV remote loosening.

2 months to go.. ish..

Any tips in general as to what I should have/know/buy/hide/sell? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I have a son, almost 4 and a daughter, almost 2 and we found out on Friday that little boy no 2 is on the way. I knew from early on that it was a boy, pregnancy so different from last time.
    Little madam has daddy and big brother wrapped around her tiny little finger and me most of the time too in fairness. She is a little mental doll.
    Have to say that I am glad that next one is a boy, they are wrecking balls but simple straight forward and not manipulative.

• Advertisement

Trotter wrote: »
    Latest update... She kicked a lot during X Factor. I hope it was in disgust..

Its just a little peak at the way things are going to be in my house. I can see my grip on the TV remote loosening.

2 months to go.. ish..

Any tips in general as to what I should have/know/buy/hide/sell? :D

Bring your wife to the cinema and out for a nice meal:)
    Going to the cinema is impossible!!as is going out for a meal with out the baby,though mine is 21 months and it is only now I would like a meal with out her once in a while.

When it gets nearer the time cook some meals and freeze them cooking when your home alone with a newborn is near impossible,you get used to not having hot food after a few weeks;)

No other baby or child will ever be as beautiful or great as yours;)) you will find yourself bursting with pride when she reaches every milestone. She will smile you will nearly explode with excitment,then there are teeth,then words...

Once you have a cot,car seat,buggy,nappies,clothes,blankets everything else can be bought as you need it:)
    The travel cot and bouncey chair were other things that we found were great to have.

No need to hide anyhting yet!

Sell anything you currently spend time one xbox,ps3 cause your never going to have time again;)

Also this can't be forgotten!! -
    Walk around Tesco tutting at every child having a tantrum;)

get some time away just the 2 of you, it will be very hard to organise again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Bring your wife to the cinema and out for a nice meal:)

We went to the cinema on Sunday and I think it scared the living sh1t out of the baby, every time there was a really loud scene my belly would go MENTAL :eek: poor little lamb :o

xzanti wrote: »
    We went to the cinema on Sunday and I think it scared the living sh1t out of the baby, every time there was a really loud scene my belly would go MENTAL :eek: poor little lamb :o

hehe:)
    My bump does that when big sis gets excited about anyhting.
    They are already conspiring against me!!!

I loved bringing my little girl to the mother and baby cinema in Swords but we have since moved and she is no longer little.
    It is one of the things you can only get away with with 1!

Just figured I'd update this thread!

I did indeed get my Christmas present today, with a little girl arriving to make sure I keep very busy in 2011.

She lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations :D

Does your Christmas Princess have a name yet?

Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations, hope you are all doing well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations Trotter!

Thanks a lot everyone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Congratulations. :)

Advertisement