Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish oysters in the Burj al Arab hotel

• 21-08-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

Mrs C was watching some show about the hotel in Dubai. in it the chef said he gets oysters from Ireland shipped over.
    Anyone know where these are from? Seems a good recommendation for Irish Oysters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,070 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Everywhere has the best Oysters in Ireland, according to people from that area. However I've tasted most of them and the native oysters in clarinbridge take some beating

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Bizarre given that Dubai's principal revenue pre oil was from harvesting oysters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

If your north co Dublin you should pop up to Carlingford.
    Lovely little place and everywhere does oysters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Achill Oysters are probably the best that I have come across for size and taste.
    I do like flats but the ones I got from Clarinbridge a few months ago were not a patch on the Achill Gigas.
    The Gigas have to my mind almost surpassed the Edulis as a better oyster, maybe because of better breeding and perhaps because of the type of ground that flats prefer compared to Pacific oysters.
    The only solution is to try them all and see which ones you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Marcusm wrote: »
    Bizarre given that Dubai's principal revenue pre oil was from harvesting oysters.

Not really. Even if they had better oysters being harvested just down the road, it's nice to be able to show off by saying they had them imported all the way from Ireland.

Local produce is for poor people.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Lucena wrote: »
    Not really. Even if they had better oysters being harvested just down the road, it's nice to be able to show off by saying they had them imported all the way from Ireland.

Local produce is for poor people.:)

Hmm. Actually plenty of upmarket eateries deliberately emphasise local produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

In Dubai? Ok, my mistake then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

pretty sure they are Kelly Oysters from Galway.

Advertisement