Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"The Willows " wilting in Dunshaughlin?

• 16-08-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Looking more and more like this (non)development is destined to remain in limbo. This despite the fact that there is definitely a demand for housing in the area, as evidenced by the apparent success of the other development near the church in the village.
    It seems the builder connected with The Willows was acting in good faith when the development commenced but then he got sucked into the tentacles of the NAMA octopus.
    So perhaps the only way operations can resume on the site is if the builder can find some way to convince the NAMA people to relent and recognise that it is a viable proposition. That's assuming the builder hasn't given up the ghost... estate!
    Failing that, will we see the bulldozers moving in? Hopefully not...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

I've no idea what's happening with the estate. I can only imagine it's all tied up in red tape because I'm sure there's a demand for the housing.

On a similar note the main street is looking sad with so many empty units. Is there anything that could be done to get them filled again.

It could be a lovely village lets hope it picks up in the coming years

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

tara83 wrote: »
    I've no idea what's happening with the estate. I can only imagine it's all tied up in red tape because I'm sure there's a demand for the housing.

On a similar note the main street is looking sad with so many empty units. Is there anything that could be done to get them filled again.

It could be a lovely village lets hope it picks up in the coming years

My wife was looking into in setting up a cafe but the rent there is crazy asking price, not worth it, the landlords must think it is Dublin!

Advertisement