Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doire4sam

i got a T2 version and its crap because i cant get any terrestrial stations with this tuner on Enigma2. Spark is crap in my opinion, it is not user friendly for recording at all.

i hope some can get the T2 tuner working to at least a DVB-T level, least then i would get something.....

bit disappointed in this box... wish i had of went with a gigablue with 1 dvb-t and dvb-s2

givecredit wrote: »
    Just received delivery of Golden Media version of this receiver today as linked tp in this thread couple pages back.

Have installed above quoted image with thanks to Pog Mo thoin very helpful instructions in this thread. My first impressions is very very impressed with performance so far. Im comparing to Vu Duo and Dreambox 800hdse and This receiver holds its own. The images seems quite stable. I have installed Autobouquets.
    Tip:
    To fix BBCi modify the autobouquets_e2.sh script file youself to get the new BBCi services.

change epg to 2051 on line 447:

Code:
    "2051")
    bouquetname "12" "BBC Interactive" and also change epg range to 2050-2053 on line 667:

Code:
    if [ $epg -gt 2050 -a $epg -lt 2053 ];
    ca="FTA"; sn="BBCi $epg"
    then re-run plugin to create latest BBCi bouquet

AutoBouquets takes 10mins to run, this compares with 45mins on a dreambox 800hd, 15mins on Vu duo.

Have also installed RTE PLAYER, TV3 PLAYER and Ice Streams player and all work just as they should.

This image does not have Crossepg in plugin feeds, So anyhelp on how to install this would be appreciated.

All and All a great receiver with twin s2 tuners and 1 dtt tuner for €165.00

Edit: Enigma2does not support DTT T2 tuners yet. So Dtt does not work on this DTT T2 receiver in enigma2 mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

doire4sam wrote: »
    i got a T2 version and its crap because i cant get any terrestrial stations with this tuner on Enigma2. Spark is crap in my opinion, it is not user friendly for recording at all.

i hope some can get the T2 tuner working to at least a DVB-T level, least then i would get something.....

bit disappointed in this box... wish i had of went with a gigablue with 1 dvb-t and dvb-s2

You sure you set it to European DVB-T frequencies in E2

This has just been posted on linuxsat-support.com
    The following comes from the founder of HDMU

There will be for now no new HDMU versions for the 7162 sat boxes.
    Reason is because the tuner hardware in the new triple X tuners has changed and there is no proper driver yet for this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doire4sam

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You sure you set it to European DVB-T frequencies in E2

yup... tried most images, tried manual scan on frequencies... works fine on spark but DVB-T2 is not yet working on E2, someone says its down to driver issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

This has just been posted on linuxsat-support.com

So... should we switch to the satstation or AR images?

• Advertisement

So... should we switch to the satstation or AR images?

If they are getting updates, no point of they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulinthought

There will be for now no new HDMU versions for the 7162 sat boxes.
    Reason is because the tuner hardware in the new triple X tuners has changed and there is no proper driver yet for this point.

Is this (possibly) why I'm reading a lot of complaints about buggy software on the triple tuner on this thread? I was planning to buy and install HDMU until a few minutes ago! Are the AR images also Enigma?

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm new to all this. From what I've been reading here I'll want to install an Enigma2 image once I get the box but I would rather have an image that is designed to run with the correct chipset.

Can anyone recommend a good comparison of the different images? Is this just the equivalent of different linux flavours or do the differences run deeper?

You do not need to flash an image unless you want to. Spark will work out of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

You do not need to flash an image unless you want to. Spark will work out of the box

will it do 7 day epg on sat out of the box.

TIA

stanley1 wrote: »
    will it do 7 day epg on sat out of the box.

TIA

No, but the information on how to get CrossEPG working on the latest firmware has been posted

• Advertisement

I'm happy enough with my current Enigma setup (HDMU). So I'll wait for a couple of months to see if there are any news/updates on the satstation and AR images and decide whether to switch then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭championc

A question for Linux guru's out there - is there any way to have the Auto Timer plugin running in maybe as a Cron job ? I keep forgetting to go back into the plugin to re-discover the next occurrances of programmes from the EPG. It would be perfect to run a Cron job in the backround daily :)

C

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

HOpefully a straight forward action - I have downloaded the uo to date cooltvguide so its on my pc and I have DCC set up where do I put the enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V6.4.0_mips32el on the amiko - in vars or usr there are so many folders trying to find the right one is headwrecking also if you can let me know where to put it can you answer below:

1. Do all plugins go into this folder on the box?
    2. How do I make this tv guide my open button stop on epg instead of having to go through all theoptions?

Thanks

Plugins go in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    Make sure you backup the plugin before you overwrite as the new version may not be compatible and you may have to go back

Edit; hold on, is it an ipk you have? This is an installer that you need to install in menu-->plugins-->software managment-->install local extension. Be sure to backup first

Edit 2, I have just installed this using the software manager and it does not remove the screen telling you to upgrade when you exit the plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

I can get as far as usr/lib/python2.6 - no plugins or extensions in there - Im using the triple amiko tuner with the hrnigma sattv backup image. If I could find the folder where the cooltvguide is already installed surely I can just replace it but I cant find the little fecker

Shezsharks wrote: »
    I can get as far as usr/lib/python2.6 - no plugins or extensions in there - Im using the triple amiko tuner with the hrnigma sattv backup image. If I could find the folder where the cooltvguide is already installed surely I can just replace it but I cant find the little fecker

It's an ipk, that's an installer, you need to use the box to install this file. see my edited post above

Ok, I got this updated CoolTVGuide working. The IPK is an installer, but it does not upgrade the plugin when you run it even though it say completed. To update it, make a backup of the CoolTVGuide directory in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ using FTP and then delete it completely. The IPK package can be opened with Winrar or 7zip, do this and then unpack the data rar it contains and you will be left with a usr directory that you can copy to the root of your box. It will work when you reboot, you'll need to configure it again and set it to the red button.

Here is the link to the latest ipk
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V6.4.0_mips32el.ipk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

New HDMU image available.

HDMU_1613_E2_spark7162_211_git_5256_debug_nolcd_Diff0_ffm_Flash

DTT T2 Tuner now working in this image. Very stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nice one,think its time to get me an Alien 2 now ,I badly need a twin tuner to record my shows while the missus watches her junk .:)

There have been 3 nightly updates since. No need to reflash the receiver. Just go to system settings and select software update. The box will update itself. Takes about 2-3 mins.

• Advertisement

Great news givecredit. i'll probably wait till the weekend to try to update, in case there are more updates. Do you notice it more stable, faster? Does it override the skin you installed?

Great news givecredit. i'll probably wait till the weekend to try to update, in case there are more updates. Do you notice it more stable, faster? Does it override the skin you installed?

Not noticed much change to be honest. Its pretty stable now. I have noticed it adds new plugins to the feeds section.

I have not changed skin myself so cannot answer for sure. What i can say is I changed my boot screen and the updates have not override this. So i would imagine same would apply to skins.

Updates usually just change individual files that have been updated so you won't loose your settings or themes

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Do I need to reimage the box or just do an online update?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭championc

Is there any change is the speed of scrolling through Terrestrial channels ?

I think I've only had to reboot the box about twice in the last month so quite happy with Enigma2 Image

C

My Favorites keep getting deleted and any changes I make to the channel setup reverts back to the default at random.

Maybe I should start from scratch.

Oh and as for the Terrestrial channels I was having lots of lag changing but found the cause to be a bad connection.

For those who installed HDMU_1447_E2_spark7162 with that default Christmassy shíte skin, here is the default skins for the HDMU centre and the HDMU skin to replace.

HDMUSkin goes in /usr/local/share/enigma2
    HDMUCenter goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/HDMUCenter.rar
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/HDMUSkin.rar

championc wrote: »
    Is there any change is the speed of scrolling through Terrestrial channels ?

I think I've only had to reboot the box about twice in the last month so quite happy with Enigma2 Image

C

With latest image you will see no difference in channel changing times between terrestrial and satellite.

(I have the T2 Golden Media version)

I have reimaged and it looks a lot better now, more stable.

Will leave at the basic image for a few days and make changes one at a time.

• Advertisement

With latest image you will see no difference in channel changing times between terrestrial and satellite.

(I have the T2 Golden Media version)

Yeah, mine is the same too with Alien2. First change to terrestrial was slow as it's updating the EPG, all other clicks after are snappy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement