Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dead Frontier - Custom FX

• 02-11-2009 7:22am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

More a machinima than anything.
    Currently pushing the idea forward in their own Ideas & Suggestions forum about adding atmosphere to the somewhat repeatative exploration side of things and decided to edit some recorded clips and give them a few gimmicks.

Sad part is, going by other posts I put in the MMORPG Forum, sod all people seem to know what this game is which is a shame.

Anyways, been a long time since I've posted here as I've kept my editing to myself, but I figure if there just HAPPENS to be anyone playing Dead Frontier then it may be worth asking for some support.

Dead Frontier - Regular Gameplay

Dead Frontier - Adding Indoor Rain & Lightning
    Dead Frontier - Adding Outdoor Rain & Lightning
    Dead Frontier - Adding Outdoor Snow

Technically this is cheating as said effects are done within 5-10mins via Adobe Premiere and NOT the actual game though I would assume it wouldn't be all that difficult to incorporate for when the game leaves Beta.

Im sure none of this will mean much to most visitors here as it'd seem not many Boards members know of or play DF, but in the event that they do and they happen to read/use the forums at some point, could really do with a little support for idea.

It's been suggested I push for a Mod Slot or Hands On approach but to be quite honest I doubt a non-professional like myself would be much use, but you never know.

Anyone play the game? Or would consider it?

You can find the information here: http://deadfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Frontier_Wiki

Advertisement